Thread: Oklahoma State Takes A Hit

Default Oklahoma State Takes A Hit

Former Oklahoma State coach’s acceptance of bribes violated NCAA ethical conduct rules

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-conduct-rules

What... Pacific didn't get penalized for this too?

NCAA... you are slacking!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

T. Boone won’t stand for this. Look for a sweep under the old rug. It’s OKLAHOMA STATE, for crissakes.

2020-2021 postseason ban! I wonder how #1 Cade Cunningham feels about this.

Didn't I see Bill Grier as assistant at Oklahoma State last year. Certainly hope He was not caught up in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    T. Boone won’t stand for this. Look for a sweep under the old rug. It’s OKLAHOMA STATE, for crissakes.
    Of course T Boone won't stand for it...he's been lying in a grave since last September.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Of course T Boone won't stand for it...he's been lying in a grave since last September.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Well Madeleine then. She’s a neighbor. Boone’s money is still green.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    What... Pacific didn't get penalized for this too?

NCAA... you are slacking!
    Give it some time as there is little doubt that UOP is guilty of something!

Also, if memory serves, Cade can request his LOI be “disallowed“ so he can transfer and be immediately eligible due to the probation...

Might be a silly question but isn’t UA, Creighton and KU under the same kind of investigation?

So unless my reading comprehension is really amiss, I'm not seeing names. Wouldn't this be during Underwood's tenure?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    So unless my reading comprehension is really amiss, I'm not seeing names. Wouldn't this be during Underwood's tenure?
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tournament-ban

Lamont Evans is the associate head coach hit with the 10 year show cause.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgessEraZag View Post
    Didn't I see Bill Grier as assistant at Oklahoma State last year. Certainly hope He was not caught up in this issue.
    Billy is at The Univ. of Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Might be a silly question but isn’t UA, Creighton and KU under the same kind of investigation?
    Anyone who has committed to, or is considering one of those schools, should be concerned IMO.

Keep in mind that Oklahoma State got this punishment after being fairly cooperative and receiving only ONE level 1 violation from the NCAA. Kansas has FIVE level 1 violations. Other Schools like Arizona, LSU, Auburn, USC, and Louisville either had a coach arrested or had very incriminating evidence. Here is a column quote from Gary Parrish:

Auburn had an assistant coach (Chuck Person) arrested for, more or less, doing the same thing Evans was caught doing. So did Arizona (Book Richardson). So did USC (Tony Bland). So if the NCAA follows the precedent it just set -- and who knows if it will? But if it does -- then Auburn, USC and Arizona, at the very least, can expect postseason bans. And, again, don't forget that Kansas is facing five Level I violations compared to Oklahoma State's one. And that LSU's coach was on a wiretap talking about a "strong-ass offer" made in violation of NCAA rules. And that Louisville was on probation when it had an assistant knowingly participate in a pay-for-play scheme involving former five-star prospect Brian Bowen.
    Granted Oklahoma State is going to appeal the decision, but they were fairly cooperative and these other schools have most definitely not. We are going to see some damning postseason bans that could set these programs back.

Other than OSU, I seriously doubt we see any other schools be put on probation this coming season and with the appeal process, OSU might find a way to circumnavigate the probation as well...I am guessing Cade is a "one-and-done" so this is the only year they will have him...the NCAA lost a ton of money not having the "Dance" this year and needs to recoup as much as possible...IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Well Madeleine then. She’s a neighbor. Boone’s money is still green.
    Bill and Melinda Gates just bought the Pickens’ house in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post

Granted Oklahoma State is going to appeal the decision, but they were fairly cooperative and these other schools have most definitely not. We are going to see some damning postseason bans that could set these programs back.
    History has shown time and time again that lawyering up & not being cooperative generally yields better outcomes.

We also know some programs are $acred cow$ and the rules aren't exactly applied evenly & objectively.