Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 309

Thread: Andrew Nembhard???

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Ok, it is now LATE afternoon and I've fallen off my chair and the wife has to help me get back up...

    If the young man is having a hard time deciding, someone needs to tell him that if he comes to GU, he can have all the FREE tacos he can eat for the two years!!!

    I'll be happy to pay for the first week and just need another 103 other fanatics to pick up my slack! If Duke throws in free BBQ then we can also give him free Pepsi!
    Are you suggesting that we commit an NCAA violation by offering improper benefits to land a recruit?

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Are you suggesting that we commit an NCAA violation by offering improper benefits to land a recruit?
    but seriously, Bogo knows better than that.

    A reminder: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...CAA-Compliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Are you suggesting that we commit an NCAA violation by offering improper benefits to land a recruit?
    Not really. Pacific is enough trouble already.
    It's not funny.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    but seriously, Bogo knows better than that.

    A reminder: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...CAA-Compliance
    I know he's joking. I'm just poking his sides a little bit. By the way if anybody here is constantly searching the internet for evidence that Nembhard will commit to us, his most recent follows on both his Twitter and Instagram pages are Filip Petrusev. Usually recruits and transfers will follow players, coaches, and some media insiders to communicate with them privately over social media. It's a good way to privately backchannel and establish communication as well.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    170

    Default

    All kidding aside here how concerned should we be on Nembhard? I would have thought he would announce long before now if he was going to do it on Monday.

    Am I the only one who is concerned, confused, and surprised that nothing has happened yet. I just went to the Memphis board and they think he could get a waiver, join their team and play in the upcoming season.

    Caldwell or ZagBlue - can you help us one way or the other?

    Thank you - John
    Last edited by jsnider; 06-22-2020 at 04:47 PM.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Was today an absolute hard date he was going to announce? If so regardless if he picked us we should've heard something. What concerns me is a possible waiver. If that's the case Memphis makes alot of sense, if sitting out we have it imo. We have been here before with transfers, dates fluctuate life happens and we wait it out. I'm as eager as anyone.
    America's Team!

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,712

    Default

    I’m not clear if why he could get a waiver At Memphis why not here?

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I’m not clear if why he could get a waiver At Memphis why not here?
    Suggs will be the starting PG next year. He wants to be a starter.
    It's not funny.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    "All signs pointing to no Andrew Nembhard commitment tonight. Had been significant previous buzz that he would be committing to Gonzaga tonight."

    https://twitter.com/cbkcourt/status/...988530176?s=19

    **Disclaimer: I don't know if this account has any credibility. I've never seen it before.**

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    "All signs pointing to no Andrew Nembhard commitment tonight. Had been significant previous buzz that he would be committing to Gonzaga tonight."

    https://twitter.com/cbkcourt/status/...988530176?s=19

    **Disclaimer: I don't know if this account has any credibility. I've never seen it before.**
    That explains the delay - where there is smoke there usually is fire. It would be a real shame if we lost him when we seemed to be so close.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Suggs will be the starting PG next year. He wants to be a starter.
    Will I think few cold get him minutes...at 1 or 2 or 3. Rebounds like a 3. Multipurpose player.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I’m not clear if why he could get a waiver At Memphis why not here?
    Doc,

    It is the Close Proximity Rule (14-63.9) where Memphis is closer to NCAA HQ’s that’s why he would get the wavier...GU is just to far from the Mississippi River that can be the only reason.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    170

    Default

    This is from the Caldwellzag or ZagBlue of the Memphis Board.

    "Turns out it wasn't the final call. Memphis just finished another hour long Zoom call with Nembhard and crew. It's Gonzaga and Memphis. Gonzaga has been the favorite but Memphis is pushing hard."

    This commitment is long from over it looks like.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    This is from the Caldwellzag or ZagBlue of the Memphis Board.

    "Turns out it wasn't the final call. Memphis just finished another hour long Zoom call with Nembhard and crew. It's Gonzaga and Memphis. Gonzaga has been the favorite but Memphis is pushing hard."

    This commitment is long from over it looks like.
    This was probably a live Zoom call from Wisemanís momís kitchen where they show him how nice his parents house can be 😄!.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    This was probably a live Zoom call from Wiseman’s mom’s kitchen where they show him how nice his parents house can be ��!.
    Ouch.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    This is from the Caldwellzag or ZagBlue of the Memphis Board.

    "Turns out it wasn't the final call. Memphis just finished another hour long Zoom call with Nembhard and crew. It's Gonzaga and Memphis. Gonzaga has been the favorite but Memphis is pushing hard."

    This commitment is long from over it looks like.
    Where’s the Caldwell of this board?

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    This was probably a live Zoom call from Wiseman’s mom’s kitchen where they show him how nice his parents house can be ��!.
    Maybe the parents are picking out the curtains. Or Penny needs to find a booster to write a Wiseman size check. It stinks.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    This was probably a live Zoom call from Wiseman’s mom’s kitchen where they show him how nice his parents house can be ��!.
    The Memphis Board is acting supremely confident at this point - as we were yesterday and this morning. They think Penny has worked his magic on him and already have him penciled into their starting lineup with or without a waiver. I have to say I'm pissed off right now.

    ZagBlue or Caldwell - are we going to come in a close 2nd for him once again?

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    The Memphis Board is acting supremely confident at this point - as we were yesterday and this morning. They think Penny has worked his magic on him and already have him penciled into their starting lineup with or without a waiver. I have to say I'm pissed off right now.

    ZagBlue or Caldwell - are we going to come in a close 2nd for him once again?
    How recently have the Memphis fans on their board changed attitudes? Was this within the last hour or two?

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    How recently have the Memphis fans on their board changed attitudes? Was this within the last hour or two?
    Yes - since this afternoon. A few days ago they were so interested in Nembhard they couldn't spell his name and didn't know whether he was a PG or PF. I'm exaggerating but they did not seem that interested in him. Over the weekend they acknowledged that Nembhard to Gonzaga was an overwhelming probability and they seemed to move on and certainly never talked about it as much as we did. They did not even have him with his own thread - it was under the 2020 roster. Now they seem pretty certain he is coming to memphis and they stole him from Gonzaga.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Yes - since this afternoon. A few days ago they were so interested in Nembhard they couldn't spell his name and didn't know whether he was a PG or PF. I'm exaggerating but they did not seem that interested in him. Over the weekend they acknowledged that Nembhard to Gonzaga was an overwhelming probability and they seemed to move on and certainly never talked about it as much as we did. They did not even have him with his own thread - it was under the 2020 roster. Now they seem pretty certain he is coming to memphis and they stole him from Gonzaga.
    Which Memphis board are you referencing?

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,858

    Default

    If he can get his waiver to play next year, he should go to Memphis.
    If not, I think he comes to Gonzaga.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    If he can get his waiver to play next year, he should go to Memphis.
    If not, I think he comes to Gonzaga.
    I really do think that’s what it boils down to. And no one knows what the waiver situation will be, so which way do you hedge your bet?

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,858

    Default

    �� 60/40 Memphis. It seems like the ncaa is granting waivers easier now. Sitting out a year is never easy or fun. The delay might mean he’s exploring options on that front.

    Just a guess. No inside info.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    I agree. He declared for the NBA, then withdrew his name because of the Corona Virus.
    HE DOESN'T WANT TO SIT A YEAR.

    If he doesn't get a waiver, he probably declares with the Zags, but that doesn't mean he ever plays for them.

    I hope that he does. but don't know.
    It's not funny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •