Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Nembhard???

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Ok, it is now LATE afternoon and I've fallen off my chair and the wife has to help me get back up...

If the young man is having a hard time deciding, someone needs to tell him that if he comes to GU, he can have all the FREE tacos he can eat for the two years!!!

I'll be happy to pay for the first week and just need another 103 other fanatics to pick up my slack! If Duke throws in free BBQ then we can also give him free Pepsi!
    Are you suggesting that we commit an NCAA violation by offering improper benefits to land a recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Are you suggesting that we commit an NCAA violation by offering improper benefits to land a recruit?
    but seriously, Bogo knows better than that.

A reminder: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...CAA-Compliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Not really. Pacific is enough trouble already.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    but seriously, Bogo knows better than that.

A reminder: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...CAA-Compliance
    I know he's joking. I'm just poking his sides a little bit. By the way if anybody here is constantly searching the internet for evidence that Nembhard will commit to us, his most recent follows on both his Twitter and Instagram pages are Filip Petrusev. Usually recruits and transfers will follow players, coaches, and some media insiders to communicate with them privately over social media. It's a good way to privately backchannel and establish communication as well.

All kidding aside here how concerned should we be on Nembhard? I would have thought he would announce long before now if he was going to do it on Monday.

Am I the only one who is concerned, confused, and surprised that nothing has happened yet. I just went to the Memphis board and they think he could get a waiver, join their team and play in the upcoming season.

Caldwell or ZagBlue - can you help us one way or the other?

Thank you - John
    Last edited by jsnider; 06-22-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Was today an absolute hard date he was going to announce? If so regardless if he picked us we should've heard something. What concerns me is a possible waiver. If that's the case Memphis makes alot of sense, if sitting out we have it imo. We have been here before with transfers, dates fluctuate life happens and we wait it out. I'm as eager as anyone.
    America's Team!

I’m not clear if why he could get a waiver At Memphis why not here?

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Suggs will be the starting PG next year. He wants to be a starter.
    It's not funny.

"All signs pointing to no Andrew Nembhard commitment tonight. Had been significant previous buzz that he would be committing to Gonzaga tonight."

https://twitter.com/cbkcourt/status/...988530176?s=19

**Disclaimer: I don't know if this account has any credibility. I've never seen it before.**

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    "All signs pointing to no Andrew Nembhard commitment tonight. Had been significant previous buzz that he would be committing to Gonzaga tonight."

https://twitter.com/cbkcourt/status/...988530176?s=19

**Disclaimer: I don't know if this account has any credibility. I've never seen it before.**
    That explains the delay - where there is smoke there usually is fire. It would be a real shame if we lost him when we seemed to be so close.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Suggs will be the starting PG next year. He wants to be a starter.
    Will I think few cold get him minutes...at 1 or 2 or 3. Rebounds like a 3. Multipurpose player.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Doc,

It is the Close Proximity Rule (14-63.9) where Memphis is closer to NCAA HQ’s that’s why he would get the wavier...GU is just to far from the Mississippi River that can be the only reason.

This is from the Caldwellzag or ZagBlue of the Memphis Board.

"Turns out it wasn't the final call. Memphis just finished another hour long Zoom call with Nembhard and crew. It's Gonzaga and Memphis. Gonzaga has been the favorite but Memphis is pushing hard."

This commitment is long from over it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post

"Turns out it wasn't the final call. Memphis just finished another hour long Zoom call with Nembhard and crew. It's Gonzaga and Memphis. Gonzaga has been the favorite but Memphis is pushing hard."

This was probably a live Zoom call from Wisemanís momís kitchen where they show him how nice his parents house can be 😄!.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    This was probably a live Zoom call from Wiseman’s mom’s kitchen where they show him how nice his parents house can be ��!.
    Ouch.

Where’s the Caldwell of this board?

This was probably a live Zoom call from Wiseman’s mom’s kitchen where they show him how nice his parents house can be ��!.
    Maybe the parents are picking out the curtains. Or Penny needs to find a booster to write a Wiseman size check. It stinks.

The Memphis Board is acting supremely confident at this point - as we were yesterday and this morning. They think Penny has worked his magic on him and already have him penciled into their starting lineup with or without a waiver. I have to say I'm pissed off right now.

ZagBlue or Caldwell - are we going to come in a close 2nd for him once again?

The Memphis Board is acting supremely confident at this point - as we were yesterday and this morning. They think Penny has worked his magic on him and already have him penciled into their starting lineup with or without a waiver. I have to say I'm pissed off right now.

ZagBlue or Caldwell - are we going to come in a close 2nd for him once again?
    How recently have the Memphis fans on their board changed attitudes? Was this within the last hour or two?

How recently have the Memphis fans on their board changed attitudes? Was this within the last hour or two?
    Yes - since this afternoon. A few days ago they were so interested in Nembhard they couldn't spell his name and didn't know whether he was a PG or PF. I'm exaggerating but they did not seem that interested in him. Over the weekend they acknowledged that Nembhard to Gonzaga was an overwhelming probability and they seemed to move on and certainly never talked about it as much as we did. They did not even have him with his own thread - it was under the 2020 roster. Now they seem pretty certain he is coming to memphis and they stole him from Gonzaga.

Yes - since this afternoon. A few days ago they were so interested in Nembhard they couldn't spell his name and didn't know whether he was a PG or PF. I'm exaggerating but they did not seem that interested in him. Over the weekend they acknowledged that Nembhard to Gonzaga was an overwhelming probability and they seemed to move on and certainly never talked about it as much as we did. They did not even have him with his own thread - it was under the 2020 roster. Now they seem pretty certain he is coming to memphis and they stole him from Gonzaga.
    Which Memphis board are you referencing?

If he can get his waiver to play next year, he should go to Memphis.
    If not, I think he comes to Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    If he can get his waiver to play next year, he should go to Memphis.
    If not, I think he comes to Gonzaga.
    I really do think that’s what it boils down to. And no one knows what the waiver situation will be, so which way do you hedge your bet?

�� 60/40 Memphis. It seems like the ncaa is granting waivers easier now. Sitting out a year is never easy or fun. The delay might mean he’s exploring options on that front.

Just a guess. No inside info.

I agree. He declared for the NBA, then withdrew his name because of the Corona Virus.
    HE DOESN'T WANT TO SIT A YEAR.

If he doesn't get a waiver, he probably declares with the Zags, but that doesn't mean he ever plays for them.

I hope that he does. but don't know.
    It's not funny.