Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Nembhard???

What exception would Nembhard claim?

I’ve read through every possible exception and I don’t see one where he qualifies.

Where did the notion that he’s actually exploring a waiver come from?

I don’t see it. I haven’t seen Nembhard or his people publicly discussing it. Seems like speculation with no basis in fact.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    What exception would Nembhard claim?

I’ve read through every possible exception and I don’t see one where he qualifies.

Where did the notion that he’s actually exploring a waiver come from?

I don’t see it. I haven’t seen Nembhard or his people publicly discussing it. Seems like speculation with no basis in fact.

Correct me if I’m wrong.
    I think you're right.
    It's not funny.

Memphis is trending...Penny with the dollars....not Wiseman numbers but enough....

https://www.si.com/college/florida/b...ndrew-nembhard

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Memphis is trending...Penny with the dollars....not Wiseman numbers but enough....

The last paragraph of the article:

Wherever Nembhard does end up, he will be forced to sit out what comes of the 2020-21 season in order to gain his eligibility. During that time he will not be able to play for a given team. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
    Nothing about a waiver here.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

So basically we are competing against programs that have all been busted for paying their players.

That sure doesnt make me feel confidence. Penny, Coach Krook, and Sleazy Andy. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    So basically we are competing against programs that have all been busted for paying their players.

That sure doesnt make me feel confidence. Penny, Coach Krook, and Sleazy Andy. Yikes.
    Of the 3, Penny comes closest to Coach HimSelf as the most Teflon....

Of the 3, Penny comes closest to Coach HimSelf as the most Teflon....
    Who would we say offers the most in their pitch?

Who would we say offers the most in their pitch?
    I don’t see Andy exercising any self restraint when it comes to promising ANYTHING. Koach and Copper Penny are a tad more secure in their jobs.

Let's not get overwrought on this topic. If he signs with the Zags, great. If not, c'est la vie.

I was just reminded by these famous words from the late, great Dr. Erwin Graue:

There are no free lunches!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Let's not get overwrought on this topic. If he signs with the Zags, great. If not, c'est la vie.

I was just reminded by these famous words from the late, great Dr. Erwin Graue:

There are no free lunches!

Exactly. With the way the Zags are recruiting right now, I wouldn't worry much if Nembhard chooses a different school. It sounds like we are in on some highly rated HS PG's for '21 too. If not, you know we will land a grad transfer PG next summer instead. Few and the Zags are rolling. Nembhard probably means more to Duke at this point than GU really...as Duke hasn't proven to be a top shelf transfer destination quite like the Zags. He may even be getting these vibes from Few and the coaching staff, and is not the priority that the other competing schools have made him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    Exactly. With the way the Zags are recruiting right now, I wouldn't worry much if Nembhard chooses a different school. It sounds like we are in on some highly rated HS PG's for '21 too. If not, you know we will land a grad transfer PG next summer instead. Few and the Zags are rolling. Nembhard probably means more to Duke at this point than GU really...as Duke hasn't proven to be a top shelf transfer destination quite like the Zags. He may even be getting these vibes from Few and the coaching staff, and is not the priority that the other competing schools have made him out to be.
    I wouldn’t go that far. He’s definitely one the staff would love to have. I bet Few would be extremely disappointed if Andrew chose a different destination for a second time.

Did he loose some weight....Nembhard, 6-foot-3, 139-pounds

Corey Evans says Andrew will announce his decision on Monday.

Where will Nembhard fit on the roster? Is someone leaving? NBA draft departures?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Where will Nembhard fit on the roster? Is someone leaving? NBA draft departures?

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/pag...olarship-chart

The difference between the 2 charts is Matthew Lange is on one of them and not on the other.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...p-Chart-update

The thread linked above notes the award of the scholarship mid-year and discusses whether it is ongoing. I'm assuming it's ongoing, since that's been the practice with previous walk-ons awarded scholarships.

Congratulations to Portland native (and Zag sharpshooter) Matthew Lang. Coach Few has put him on full Scholarship.

Lang joins Gonzaga stalwarts Mike Hart, David Stockton, Jeremy Jones, Kyle Bankhead, Mark Spink, Mike Nilson and host of others who have gone from walk on to scholarship Zags.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    https://www.slipperstillfits.com/pag...olarship-chart

The difference between the 2 charts is Matthew Lange is on one of them and not on the other.

One interesting new development in the Nembhard case involves Memphis. They (like Duke) are currently at 12 scholarship players and waiting on a commitment from a player who has already reclassified. Moussa Cisse (#9 player in 2021) was believed to be an LSU commit after reclassifying to 2020, but he is supposedly having a change of heart over the last couple of weeks, which bodes well for Memphis. He currently attends high school in Memphis and Memphis staff now believes they have a good chance at landing him again. Memphis will now need to decide if they want Cisse or Nembhard based on their scholarship crunch (this could potentially be a contributing factor for Nembhard's delayed announcement).

Let’s just hope Joel comes back. Too much drama, don’t want to win that badly.

Been fly fishing for the last week with very limited internet, but briefly caught up on my messages and scrolled the boards. Two things, first Suggs will be in Spokane playing for the Zags (I know everyone's favorite topic is he is not coming) and second Andrew should announce within the week that he is coming to Spokane as well. Things can change, yet it's recruiting, but as of right now I am 97.5% confident we will have these two on the team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Been fly fishing for the last week with very limited internet, but briefly caught up on my messages and scrolled the boards. Two things, first Suggs will be in Spokane playing for the Zags (I know everyone's favorite topic is he is not coming) and second Andrew should announce within the week that he is coming to Spokane as well. Things can change, yet it's recruiting, but as of right now I am 97.5% confident we will have these two on the team next year.
    Caldwell coming back to the boards and dropping bombs. Hope the fishing trip went well!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    glad i stopped by to catch up on this topic. i'm going to sleep much better tonight.

I never understood why the board is so easily assuaged by Caldwell assigning ambitiously high percentages on signing a recruit. It’s a binary result. Either he’s coming or not. Saying 97.5 is materially the same as 50 or 2.5. If he doesn’t come to GU, who cares where he ends up. Nine tenths of him can’t come. Same for Suggs. He’s either coming at the end of the month, or he’s not. Wait, he may already be there.
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 06-17-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard expected to announce decision Monday

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...cted-to-annou/

I never understood why the board is so easily assuaged by Caldwell assigning ambitiously high percentages on signing a recruit. It’s a binary result. Either he’s coming or not. Saying 97.5 is materially the same as 50 or 2.5. If he doesn’t come to GU, who cares where he ends up. Nine tenths of him can’t come. Same for Suggs. He’s either coming at the end of the month, or he’s not. Wait, he may already be there.
    Just so he can give you a chance to wring your hands some more.

I never understood why the board is so easily assuaged by Caldwell assigning ambitiously high percentages on signing a recruit. Itís a binary result. Either heís coming or not. Saying 97.5 is materially the same as 50 or 2.5. If he doesnít come to GU, who cares where he ends up. Nine tenths of him canít come. Same for Suggs. Heís either coming at the end of the month, or heís not. Wait, he may already be there.
    Great, so we have a 50/50 shot at every recruit in the nation. Thanks for your positive spin on this, Jazz.