• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • West Side Lady
    Kennel Club Material
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by jsnider View Post
    https://www.si.com/college/florida/b...-landing-spots

This article would go against everything we have been led to believe. It suggests that Oregon and UCLA are the most likely landing spots for Nembhard. My head is spinning.
    But who cares where this author thinks the best landing spot is? This article is written by a student at Florida. I'm not convinced by the arguments in either of these articles you've linked. I'm also not going to be too surprised if he goes elsewhere with the choices he has available to him. I hope he comes here, but if he doesn't it'll be ok.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Two sketchy PAC 12 programs. Hmmmm.

Comment

• IowaSERE
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Oct 2008

That article is a joke. Based on playing time, we would have a HUGE opening for PT for him after he sits out a year as there is very little chance that Suggs is here after his Freshman year.

Comment

• bdmiller7
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2017

I was looking at Nembhard and NWG stats for their first 2 seasons and their are many similarities. First up, both were 5 star recruits, and both have Good size for the position, but not that truly elite athleticism. Both started every game as freshmen and sophomores (67 for AN, 62 for NWG), AN played 33 mpg, NWG 35 mpg, shooting % was close AN 48.8 on 2's, 32.7 on 3's, and 77.0 on FT, compared to 49.4, 30.7, and 74.4 for NWG. NWG averaged 14.5 pts and 4.5 rebs compared to 9.5 and 2.9 for AN, but AN had better assist to turnover at 5.5/2.3, compared to 5.1/2.9 for NWG. NWG seems more a scorer, AN more a distributor. Not sure AN would reach NWG level, but I'd really like to see what the staff could do with him in a redshirt season.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Oct 2008

Adam Zagoria on Twitter says: “ Hearing buzz for Duke and Gonzaga with Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard. Nothing immediate is expected though.”

Nothing immediate expected... looks like we’ll be waiting a bit longer.

Comment

• MDABE80
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Zagoria's pretty good with predictions. In this one, I think he's correct. I do hope Andrew is ours. He's very good and has experience. Maybe Suggs could learn a thing or two even though the PG job is his for this year.....so the thinking goes anyway.
              Last edited by MDABE80; 06-04-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
                I was looking at Nembhard and NWG stats for their first 2 seasons and their are many similarities. First up, both were 5 star recruits, and both have Good size for the position, but not that truly elite athleticism. Both started every game as freshmen and sophomores (67 for AN, 62 for NWG), AN played 33 mpg, NWG 35 mpg, shooting % was close AN 48.8 on 2's, 32.7 on 3's, and 77.0 on FT, compared to 49.4, 30.7, and 74.4 for NWG. NWG averaged 14.5 pts and 4.5 rebs compared to 9.5 and 2.9 for AN, but AN had better assist to turnover at 5.5/2.3, compared to 5.1/2.9 for NWG. NWG seems more a scorer, AN more a distributor. Not sure AN would reach NWG level, but I'd really like to see what the staff could do with him in a redshirt season.
                Sorry, nice player I don’t see putative Wooden winner NWG coming from him.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  Sorry, nice player I don’t see putative Wooden winner NWG coming from him.
                  Maybe not, but I think a year or two in the nurturing bosom of Zagland will mold him into a far better team player.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                    Maybe not, but I think a year or two in the nurturing bosom of Zagland will mold him into a far better team player.
                    Mike White vs Mark Few? He can’t help but get a whole lot better.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                      Mike White vs Mark Few? He can’t help but get a whole lot better.
                      He better be ready for Mark's dry humor? I laugh every time I think of the story of Rui in practice. Few told Rui that he made a "dumbass play". Rui thought he was referring to Domas, but Rem or another teammate gave him the correct translation.

Comment

• jsnider
                        Kennel Club
                        • Apr 2020

Anybody hearing anything about Nembhard? I think the longer it takes, our chances of landing him lessen. Do you agree or disagree? I am hearing Duke and Gonzaga but I fear Duke more than any other team from a recruiting standpoint. What is everyone thinking here? Thanks
                        Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• Zag1203
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Apr 2020

Anybody hearing anything about Nembhard? I think the longer it takes, our chances of landing him lessen. Do you agree or disagree? I am hearing Duke and Gonzaga but I fear Duke more than any other team from a recruiting standpoint. What is everyone thinking here? Thanks
                          Duke only has one scholarship left like we do, but they are waiting to see if the number one player in 2021 (Kuminga) will reclassify into 2020. So I would assume that Duke is trying to get an answer out of Kuminga before they give Nembhard a firm yes on a committable offer.

Comment

• jsnider
                            Kennel Club
                            • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Zag1203 View Post
                            Duke only has one scholarship left like we do, but they are waiting to see if the number one player in 2021 (Kuminga) will reclassify into 2020. So I would assume that Duke is trying to get an answer out of Kuminga before they give Nembhard a firm yes on a committable offer.
                            I think Nembhard should just forget about Duke and commit to Gonzaga. But of course I am a bit biased. Any thoughts as to when he might make his announcement?
                            Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• Zag1203
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Apr 2020

I think Nembhard should just forget about Duke and commit to Gonzaga. But of course I am a bit biased. Any thoughts as to when he might make his announcement?
                              I have no idea, I'm patiently waiting for a Caldwell update.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Travis Branham
                                @TravisBranham_
                                ·
                                52m
                                Four-star point guard Ryan Nembhard has announced a verbal pledge to Creighton.Younger brother of Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard. || Story: https://247sports.com/Article/Ryan-N...ton-147928342/

Comment

Working...
                                X