Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Nembhard???

I don’t know much but I know that the fact he didn’t commit to us today can be seen as nothing but a bad sign. Everyone and their mother on social media has him committing to the zags today.

As I said on the onslaught- not confident going against a bunch of crooked programs.

Are you thinking that if a program desperately needs a point guard they will empty the piggy bank to get him. If it happens -- that will be a bummer -- but the Zags will be fine either way.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I don’t know much but I know that the fact he didn’t commit to us today can be seen as nothing but a bad sign. Everyone and their mother on social media has him committing to the zags today.

As I said on the onslaught- not confident going against a bunch of crooked programs.
    I’m going to go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Which Memphis board are you referencing?
    Hooray - My brother in law lives in Memphis and is as big a fan of the Memphis Tigers as I am of Gonzaga. It is the equivalent board for them as this is for us. It requires a username and password so I cannot get in but he has been sending the information over to me. My father in law was the Dean of the Law School at Memphis so my brother in law who graduated from there is fairly tied into what is going on. Up until about noon today - he was completely convinced that Nembhard was coming to GU. Now he and his other "posters" feel they are right on the one yard line to get him after the Penny zoom call today. I am only passing along what is being sent to me as i don't have a username and password for their board. We will all know soon enough.

Well I think at this point it's fair to assume he won't be making his decision tonight. I guess we will do this all again tomorrow.

It would be a shame for him to pass on GU because he seems like such a good fit... but Memphis is a team with some potential next year and the allure of playing right away— whatever those odds are of coming to fruition— has to be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It would be a shame for him to pass on GU because he seems like such a good fit... but Memphis is a team with some potential next year and the allure of playing right away— whatever those odds are of coming to fruition— has to be strong.
    A sketchy program that is one letter away from being disqualified from the tourney. I’d take GU, no question.

Why is he transferring and risking having to sit out a year if he thinks he's NBA ready this year?

If he's granted a waiver (not sure why he would be) he'd go where he could be a starting PG this year (not Gonzaga).

If he has to sit out a normal transfer redshirt year, I think he'll come to Gonzaga.

That's my read after a few minutes perusing twitter.

I would love to have him, good luck to him with his decision. GU will be just fine either way, if Andrew chooses another destination we will find another electric player to plug in.
    America's Team!

I would be shocked if he comes to Gonzaga now. He should have stayed at Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    If he's granted a waiver (not sure why he would be) he'd go where he could be a starting PG this year (not Gonzaga).

If he has to sit out a normal transfer redshirt year, I think he'll come to Gonzaga.

I concur. He prefers to transfer and play right away. Makes sense. But if he can't, sitting out a year seems like a detour. Florida that bad that it warrants such a drastic decision to transfer and sit?

My point being that absent a bad situation at a school, the decision to transfer and sit to develop in off year should be an intentional one. If the goal is to play asap and rely on a waiver o have to question the decision-making.

I think he still chooses GU. If he had a long Zoom call with Memphis today, he probably just wants to try to show them some respect by not immediately saying Gonzaga following the call.

He is now just waiting one extra day, and will announce for Zags tomorrow.

Unless he gets a 110% promise that a waiver is coming, he won’t want to take the risk that he spends two years at Memphis, only playing one year. Even if he does get the waiver, he may still feel better about playing at GU with the clear #1 team in the country, even if it is as a 6th man.

Maybe there is something I'm missing? How in the world would he be eligable to play this year?
    I would think Memphis would be intriguing, they definitely seem to have the ability to recruit talent but I can think of numerous programs that are just as good including Florida.
    Would Penny & co be that big of a draw? It seems to me that me that Penny has gotten off to a questionable start at best and that program will be under heavy scrutiny moving forward. Why take that chance? Especially at 20 years old.

My sentiments exactly. Weird that apparently only on the day he was supposedly set to make his decision public there is suddenly the possibility of being granted a waiver and play immediately.

Suggs is PG for Zags this season so if Nembhard ain’t redshirting as traditional transfer then best he go elsewhere imo. I wish him luck but the drama of this decision alone is a red flag for me. Do your homework young man!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    I would love to have him, good luck to him with his decision. GU will be just fine either way, if Andrew chooses another destination we will find another electric player to plug in.
    This. Well said!

Memphis and Penny are so dirty, who know me what BS they’re selling that kid and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Memphis and Penny are so dirty, who know me what BS they’re selling that kid and his family.
    Spot on. Penny shouldn’t even still be there but he’s Teflon.......so far.

Tip of the iceberg......

https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...ll/5310559002/

This reminds me of a fishing story, the big one that got away.... first, not such a big one... good player... but... Point guards live in the moment... see the right play... make the right decision... he who hesitates is lost.

I agree with Jazz on this... PH does not represent what the NCAA should be about... seriously, work with PH or a chance to work with John Stockton? Want to learn the game right... easy call... if he comes good if he doesn't I'm not worried about the Zags at all... in Few we Trust.

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    This reminds me of a fishing story, the big one that got away.... first, not such a big one... good player... but... Point guards live in the moment... see the right play... make the right decision... he who hesitates is lost.

I agree with Jazz on this... PH does not represent what the NCAA should be about... seriously, work with PH or a chance to work with John Stockton? Want to learn the game right... easy call... if he comes good if he doesn't I'm not worried about the Zags at all... in Few we Trust.

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    Sadly, Penny’s floor game is more of a lure for today’s wannabe point guards than JS’s.

So when will the waiver decision be announced? If he gets a waiver you can’t blame him for wanting more PT in his final year. Don’t know if Memphis would be his best option but good luck to him however this turns out.

Maybe they think that using the COVID mess as part of their appeal will allow the waiver to happen?
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    So when will the waiver decision be announced? If he gets a waiver you can’t blame him for wanting more PT in his final year. Don’t know if Memphis would be his best option but good luck to him however this turns out.

Maybe they think that using the COVID mess as part of their appeal will allow the waiver to happen?
    Covid could be one part of the case as it has been speculated waivers will be easier this offseason.

It also dawned on me the other day the more compelling reason may be Florida's scholarship situation. Florida brought in more scholarship players with the expectation of 1 or both of Nembhard/Mann going pro. Since both returned they were over the scholarship limit. That may well prove enough grounds for immediate exemption, particularly if White made a case for it which I have no reason to think he wouldn't.

That said I'd rather be the first guard off the bench of the NCAA favourites than the lead guard of a bubble tourney team but Andrew's mileage may vary.

Still hopeful Andrew chooses GU as there is a chance for something special in the next few seasons but wish him all the best if he goes elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Covid could be one part of the case as it has been speculated waivers will be easier this offseason.

It also dawned on me the other day the more compelling reason may be Florida's scholarship situation. Florida brought in more scholarship players with the expectation of 1 or both of Nembhard/Mann going pro. Since both returned they were over the scholarship limit. That may well prove enough grounds for immediate exemption, particularly if White made a case for it which I have no reason to think he wouldn't.

That said I'd rather be the first guard off the bench of the NCAA favourites than the lead guard of a bubble tourney team but Andrew's mileage may vary.

Still hopeful Andrew chooses GU as there is a chance for something special in the next few seasons but wish him all the best if he goes elsewhere.
    Aaron Cook would like a word. His skill set may be more what we need anyway....

So a waiver should be playing 0% in this, the kid is from Canada and scholarships are worked out year to year. He is a sit one transfer pretty much everywhere he would go. No clue what was said by Penny, but as on Sunday Gonzaga fully expected a commitment yesterday. All the gloom and doom folks out there, we are still the favorite, not sure what the hold up is exactly. And if he doesn't choose Gonzaga we will be fine, more than fine... Remember all your panic on a young 5 star stud out of Minnesota? Yep he is coming to Spokane when many people doubted that. Moral of that story, have faith in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    So a waiver should be playing 0% in this, the kid is from Canada and scholarships are worked out year to year. He is a sit one transfer pretty much everywhere he would go. No clue what was said by Penny, but as on Sunday Gonzaga fully expected a commitment yesterday. All the gloom and doom folks out there, we are still the favorite, not sure what the hold up is exactly. And if he doesn't choose Gonzaga we will be fine, more than fine... Remember all your panic on a young 5 star stud out of Minnesota? Yep he is coming to Spokane when many people doubted that. Moral of that story, have faith in the process.
    Ah, the old bait and switch. Half a loaf. Shell game. All those aphorisms. Neither has put on a uni yet.