Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Nembhard???

Default Andrew Nembhard???

Donít think he is that great really...but Iím sure he would love to come to GU if he has to sit out a year. I assume this may be the sit out transfer at PG some have mentioned in connection with GU, but hadnít put his name in transfer portal yet.

Goodman days he is withdrawing from draft, and transferring from Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    Don’t think he is that great really...but I’m sure he would love to come to GU if he has to sit out a year. I assume this may be the sit out transfer at PG some have mentioned in connection with GU, but hadn’t put his name in transfer portal yet.

Goodman days he is withdrawing from draft, and transferring from Florida.
    I would take him in a heartbeat. He is that good. Look at his assist totals. The all time Zag leader in assists didn’t come close to what Andrew put on the board in that category the first two full years of their college careers.

Nembhard has work to do on his long range shooting but his free throw percentage indicates the three will come along.

If he's interested, yes, please!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    I would take him in a heartbeat. He is that good. Look at his assist totals. The all time Zag leader in assists didn’t come close to what Andrew put on the board in that category the first two full years of their college careers.

Nembhard has work to do on his long range shooting but his free throw percentage indicates the three will come along.
    I agree with everyone who would like to see him in a Gonzaga uniform. Look what we did with Nigel Williams-Goss when he had to sit a year and the coaching staff worked with him. For those who saw Williams - Goss or Brandon Clarke as sit out transfers probably weren't that excited either. I trust our coaching staff to develop players and make them much better after having to sit out a year. There is a lot to like about Andrew Nembhard and a lot there to work with. i am also convinced that Mike White's system at Florida did not play well to his up tempo style. I think the Gonzaga offense plays much better to his strength. I have my fingers crossed on this one. That said, he will be very highly coveted by a lot of high major schools.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    I agree with everyone who would like to see him in a Gonzaga uniform. Look what we did with Nigel Williams-Goss when he had to sit a year and the coaching staff worked with him. For those who saw Williams - Goss or Brandon Clarke as sit out transfers probably weren't that excited either. I trust our coaching staff to develop players and make them much better after having to sit out a year. There is a lot to like about Andrew Nembhard and a lot there to work with. i am also convinced that Mike White's system at Florida did not play well to his up tempo style. I think the Gonzaga offense plays much better to his strength. I have my fingers crossed on this one. That said, he will be very highly coveted by a lot of high major schools.
    Yeah, I agree...he could certainly be a decent GU PG after a sit out year. It may be that he was just poorly coached at Florida. He runs offense at a very slow pace though, and isn’t the most athletic guy. Maybe if he plays in a more fast paced offense he could flourish, but it seemed like he is most comfortable dominating the ball, and not creating much other than slow half-court offense.

Right now, I would say it is a next to zero chance he can be as good as Williams-Goss was for his year at GU, but obviously he can go under that bar and still be successful.

If he does get a waiver, Few is going to tell him he won’t be starting this year in Spokane...so I doubt he would consider the Zags if that was the case...but if he was willing to come off the bench, the Zags would be ranked #1 in EVERY preseason publication.

Overall,

Is White the slower paced guy, or is it Nembhard? I'm reading some Florida fans comments that Nembhard is too slow for their system, but they might have it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Is White the slower paced guy, or is it Nembhard? I'm reading some Florida fans comments that Nembhard is too slow for their system, but they might have it backwards.
    White is easily among the top 5 most overrated coaches in the country. Five stars left and right, Mickey D’s....bupkis.

I suspect this gives Florida a black eye but frees a kid to explore suitable options. We should have had him the first time around but he opted for Florida. I do not remember him being abnormally slow. I do remember him being a very good shooter and player.

From GatorCountry: https://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...-from-florida/

A team to watch for Nembhard to go to is Gonzaga. They were a school that recruited him heavily out of high school and every year they are trying to land a veteran point guard in the transfer portal. Additionally, their continuity ball screen offense is well suited for Nembhard’s game. When Florida was playing their best offense this year it was using ball screens with Nembhard running off a Kerry Blackshear screen while Omar Payne was in the paint sealing the help defender—an action straight out of the Gonzaga playbook.

Nembhard was a divisive player at times among fans but he will definitely be remembered for his surgical passing and his game winning shot against LSU as a freshman that sealed Florida’s NCAA Tournament bid. Once a Gator, always a Gator.

Smile Rated 8th Best PG in 2018/ESPN

Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Spurned Zags, the Tree and Tony B for that flim flammer?

https://247sports.com/college/florid...ITE-140956976/

"The talent assembled by Mike White and his staff was simply too tempting to ignore. Florida’s roster includes 3 sophomore starters from last season’s 2nd-round NCAA Tournament team and another highly-regarded recruiting class that included 3 of the nation’s top 50 players, including McDonald’s All-Americans Scottie Lewis and Tre Mann. Florida then went out and landed the nation’s most coveted grad transfer in center Kerry Blackshear Jr. and on paper, you have a team that should play deep into March. Florida projected to have scoring balance, a savvy point guard and depth and like every White team, you could expect them to defend at a high level."

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Spurned Zags, the Tree and Tony B for that flim flammer?

https://247sports.com/college/florid...ITE-140956976/

"The talent assembled by Mike White and his staff was simply too tempting to ignore. Florida’s roster includes 3 sophomore starters from last season’s 2nd-round NCAA Tournament team and another highly-regarded recruiting class that included 3 of the nation’s top 50 players, including McDonald’s All-Americans Scottie Lewis and Tre Mann. Florida then went out and landed the nation’s most coveted grad transfer in center Kerry Blackshear Jr. and on paper, you have a team that should play deep into March. Florida projected to have scoring balance, a savvy point guard and depth and like every White team, you could expect them to defend at a high level."
    More flaming of Mike White on the thread than much about Nembhard, besides he's slow. Favorite comment was from a poster that asked "what would it cost to get(Bruce) Pearl?" and the response was "our self respect". Awesome!

An underrated part of a potential Nembhard signing would be the development he could have on jalen suggs. Imagine Suggs facing nembhard in practice daily? Not many point guards he would go up against all year as good as Andrew.

Also, the team as a hole playing defense against AN would serve valuable to the team all year.

Let’s get him!

AN
    HARRIS
    WATSON
    BANCHERO
    TIMME
    BALLO
    STRAWTHER
    PERRY
    In 2021...

Am I too ahead of myself?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    An underrated part of a potential Nembhard signing would be the development he could have on jalen suggs. Imagine Suggs facing nembhard in practice daily? Not many point guards he would go up against all year as good as Andrew.

Also, the team as a hole playing defense against AN would serve valuable to the team all year.

Let’s get him!

AN
    HARRIS
    WATSON
    BANCHERO
    TIMME
    BALLO
    STRAWTHER
    PERRY
    In 2021...

Don’t forget about Hunter Sallis. That sounds about right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post

Let’s get him!

AN
    HARRIS
    WATSON
    BANCHERO
    TIMME
    BALLO
    STRAWTHER
    PERRY
    In 2021...

Half the people on your list are going to be in the nba by then according to everyone but me...

I watched AN play a handful of times. High quality, high level, and if he’s adaptable the. He would be a great addition. I always liked pieces of Florida, but never liked them as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Half the people on your list are going to be in the nba by then according to everyone but me...

I watched AN play a handful of times. High quality, high level, and if he’s adaptable the. He would be a great addition. I always liked pieces of Florida, but never liked them as a team.
    - could lose some on this hopeful 2021 roster, but me, i actually think all will be here come 2021.

- harris and strawther will be hoping to find a starter role come their sophomore year-2021
    - ballo is on the rui plan......i.e. start slow and then as he gains experience.....step back. i just do not see him playing enough minutes next year to be a one and done.
    - timme, most folks see him as a 3 if not 4 year player
    - perry of course will still be on the squad
    - watson is the only one who i think could potentially play himself of the squad and into the nba after just one full season.
    - banchero is a one and done player, but 2021 will be his one year.

from Busting brackets this morning. Gonzaga looking pretty good? Enjoy.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/05/...drew-nembhard/

If we are fortunate to land Andrew Nembhard, how great will he be during his sit out season in helping to develop Jalen Suggs. As a freshman, how great will it be to practice against Nembhard. Having Cook, Nembhard, and Ayayi can only serve to help both Suggs and Dom immensely. But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself as last time I checked Nembhard was still a free agent. Lots of things can happen in the recruiting world so I won't count him in until I see it but it sure is promising.

Nothing new, but interesting nevertheless....

What grounds would he really have to get a waiver to play immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    What grounds would he really have to get a waiver to play immediately?
    The NCAA has never been logically consistent with their rulings so you never know. I could see kids getting waivers this season due to corona if they move closer to home but Spokane isn't exactly near Toronto.

Would absolutely love Andrew for 2021 though and he would help next years' team in practices as well.

Ryan would be a great get too. He's also close with Caleb Houstan who Gonzaga has been linked to. Houstan is probably the second best wing after Bates in 2022.

Would be great to get that Canadian pipeline flowing again. Elijah Fisher is another Canadian who is a pretty special prospect with NBA superstar upside. (though he may not wind up in college at all)

Twitter this morning:
    Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello

4h
    Florida point guard Andrew Nembhard officially entered the transfer portal this morning, sources told ESPN.

Gonzaga, Duke, Oregon, UCLA, USC, Memphis and Georgetown already reached out.
    Edited to delete misleading quote.
    Last edited by ZagNative; 06-01-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Twitter this morning:

But what's this? Is the reference to June 5, 2020?
    That account is referring to a cbb simulation. I am pretty sure teams cannot hold scrimmages vs one another until closer to the season.

Gonzaga vs. Duke for Nembhard??

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Gonzaga vs. Duke for Nembhard??
    Rest assured... if he chooses Duke... gets waiver to play immediately... chooses Zags... no waiver to play immediately.

Just following NCAA logic.

Oh... and Pacific will get penalized for it just for good measure.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death