Thread: Ballo & recruiting class

Default Ballo & recruiting class

If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    Always love the Ballo content. He is so fascinating because we really don't know too much about him and don't have much footage other than the few FIBA u19 games he played in.

Ballo will turn 18 on July 13th, so he will still be very young compared to most freshmen. Suggs will be 19 on June 3rd for comparison. I'm really excited to see what he can do this year, and next season if he's still around.

Thanks buddy.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Excellent info ZB! Ballo is a kid needing training and he’ll get it withGU. He’s the killer in waiting but he needs to put all of his skills together. Whether he blossoms into one of our best ever big men is unclear outside of Josh H he’s up there. So much fun watching him. Great sense of humor too.

What a year we have coming!

Well, that got me REALLY excited!

Did not realize the wingspan ---- very nice surprise ......

"Despite redshirting for the Zags last season, Ballo is still only a young 17 years old. And despite only being so young, he has a ferocious basketball frame. Again, he stands at 6-foot-10, 260-pounds while also having an eye-popping 7-foot-6 wingspan. That would place him in the upper echelon of NBA wingspans (just falling short of Andre Drummond’s 7-foot-6.25 wingspan)."

thanks for the article,
    please, please, basketball gods, let ncaa basketball have a basketball season coming up, even if it has to be delayed at times,
    hasn't few built up enough good karma for us to escape from the bad luck of missing two Dances, due to a gosh darn virus? we deserve a break

one nit pick with the article which stated:
    "Gonzaga is a true blue blood and even with the shortened season this year, one in which they most likely would have won (emphases mine) the National Championship, the Bulldogs accomplished a ton."

I think we had vegas odds of 1 in 6? we had as good a chance as any of 3 teams, if we had been dominant over all other teams with a huge gap between us and Kansas,Dayton, Baylor, then I could see reasonable journalist hype with the 'most likely' phraseology. Also in a recent thread here it seemed to be the general opinion of seasoned observers on this board that we were presently an elite team, but need more than one Final Four and need a National Championship to be identified as a 'blue blood' team.

super fun to read overall, and journalistic hype in the last 3-4 years has been in the correct direction, exaggerating our greatness.
    ten years ago a lot of journalism protested we were 'over-rated'
    Last edited by ZagsGoZags; 05-30-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    thanks for the article,
    please, please, basketball gods, let ncaa basketball have a basketball season coming up, even if it has to be delayed at times,
    hasn't few built up enough good karma for us to escape from the bad luck of missing two Dances, due to a gosh darn virus? we deserve a break

one nit pick with the article which stated:
    "Gonzaga is a true blue blood and even with the shortened season this year, one in which they most likely would have won (emphases mine) the National Championship, the Bulldogs accomplished a ton."

I think we had vegas odds of 1 in 6? we had as good a chance as any of 3 teams, if we had been dominant over all other teams with a huge gap between us and Kansas,Dayton, Baylor, then I could see reasonable journalist hype with the 'most likely' phraseology. Also in a recent thread here it seemed to be the general opinion of seasoned observers on this board that we were presently an elite team, but need more than one Final Four and a National Championship to be identified as a 'blue blood' team.

super fun to read overall, and journalistic hype in the last 3-4 years has been in the correct direction, exaggerating our greatness.
    ten years ago a lot of journalism protested we were 'over-rated'
    Can the Zags hang a virtual banner?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!