Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Um, Whitworth, may we have a word with you?

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    What’s their NCAA tournament record? I don’t remember
    Here is the answer Abe: "In 14 NCAA Tournament appearances, Whitworth is 12-13. It has reached the Sweet 16 four times since 2009 and once the Elite Eight, in 2011." Div III

here is the source: https://www.google.com/search?client...sclient=psy-ab

unless you were putting them down,
    in which case excuse me for interrupting your fun

Fun Facts:

Back in 2011, Whitworth's basketball team was ranked number 1 in the country for D3 college basketball.

Whitworth won the National Title in 1960 NAIA national baseball tournament. Its leading pitcher, Ray Washburn, eventually pitched for the St. Louis Cardinals and Cincinnati Reds.

As a Cardinal, Washburn no-hit the San Francisco Giants 2–0 at Candlestick Park in 1968 one day after the Giants’ Gaylord Perry pitched a no-hitter of his own, defeating the Cardinals and Bob Gibson. Only time in major league baseball history that back to back no hitters were pitched between the same team by opposing pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    You know what? Thanks for posting this. I was ignorant of every single one of these facts. And I am ashamed that I belittled Whitworth. And I am happy to admit it. I support student athletes at all levels and these accomplishments deserve respect. I am sorry that my own zeal as a Zag fan blinded me to this. As a Division III school Whitworth has acquitted itself admirably based on what you have shared and I, for one, am one Zag who tips my cap and is not at all ashamed to admit I was wrong to have been perhaps arrogant and condescending in my ignorance here.
    Very respectful response.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!