Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleacher Report 2021 NBA Mock Draft

Watson fits the modern NBA perfectly. 2 way wings are the most prized asset right now and if he can develop into that... a lot of money is in his future. Agreed that Timme fits college hoops and specifically Gonzaga best. Glad we have him! He will have to be a dependable 3 point shooter at his size to make it since he’s unlikely to protect the rim at that level. But I’m a big Timme fan and hope he plays the most minutes of any of our 5s this year and I’m pretty confident they‘ll trust him in the closing lineup.

Default Bleacher Report 2021 NBA Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Watson hasn't shown a lot obviously because of his injury. But he has the potential to be a first rounder next year based on his feel for the game, athleticism, and versatility. We got a glimpse of it in the exhibition game and against Pine Bluff and North Dakota. If he enters next year with a legit outside shot, I could see him averaging 12ppg, 10rpg, 3apg, 2spg, and 1bpg. He has incredible upside and will be our x factor next season. There's a reason that Zag insiders on this forum and Twitter are confident that he will be our starting 4 next season coming off of a major surgery.
    Well, hopefully he does blow up this year but I’m still thinking 2022 is much more likely for him.

My main point is that I’ve read how the entire rotation here being talked about like they’re going to leave after this season. If Kispert, Ayayi, and Petrusev all come back..I doubt anyone but Suggs is going NBA early after this season. Yes, I know Ayayi is a RS Jr this year.

I have read that Watson, Timme, and Ballo are all “going to the NBA after this year” in the last week (on here). I’m just saying we need to not go overboard on these kids. Could they declare to get feedback, sure. I just doubt they’d stay in the draft,or should, barring a first round guarantee (unlikely IMO) in 2021

To be clear, I love these kids and I think they all have pro futures. This season should be fantastic and fun for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Well, hopefully he does blow up this year but I’m still thinking 2022 is much more likely for him.

My main point is that I’ve read how the entire rotation here being talked about like they’re going to leave after this season. If Kispert, Ayayi, and Petrusev all come back..I doubt anyone but Suggs is going NBA early after this season. Yes, I know Ayayi is a RS Jr this year.

I have read that Watson, Timme, and Ballo are all “going to the NBA after this year” in the last week (on here). I’m just saying we need to not go overboard on these kids. Could they declare to get feedback, sure. I just doubt they’d stay in the draft,or should, barring a first round guarantee (unlikely IMO) in 2021

To be clear, I love these kids and I think they all have pro futures. This season should be fantastic and fun for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mr. Vulture - I could not have articulated my thoughts any better than you did. Completely agree with you.

Timme is one of those pure grit kind of guys and I can think of plenty of great NBA guys that fit that description. My bet is not only he makes it but becomes special. He's too motivated and willing to work to prove it. He's going to be a beast. NBA YES!
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Timme is one of those pure grit kind of guys and I can think of plenty of great NBA guys that fit that description. My bet is not only he makes it but becomes special. He's too motivated and willing to work to prove it. He's going to be a beast. NBA YES!
    I think so too. He will develop an outside shot.

TZF. Didn't he have one in HS?
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

Glad to see I'm not alone in believing Timme will play in the NBA all things considered. I mentioned that "IF" he developed a solid 3pt shot this off season then he will be a BEAST this season and might be gone after the season...I still believe Filip, Joel, Suggs, and Ballo will be gone after next season so the cupboard will be some what bare of big men next season...IMO

Sabonis isn't athletic enough to play in the NBA either.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I'd say Sabonis is more athletic. He was definitely stronger and a very high motor player. Not to say Timme isn't, but I'd say there's an athletic difference between the two.

Drew reminds me of a Pau Gasol.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Drew reminds me of a Pau Gasol.
    The Sabonis, Gasol, Mchale overlook an important difference for a relatively unathletic, below-the-rim forward or center .

Gasol is 7'. Sabonis is a legit 6'11" and unworldy strong. Mchale was 6'10" and was drafted 40 years ago, when 6'10" was t or above average height for NBA centers.

I've seen Timme listed at 6'9 or 6'10, but in photos he looks shorter than 6'10 Tillie and closer to Anton Watson. An inch or two or three really matters if you're not a Brandon Clarke with otherwordly hops, or even average vertical for the NBA.

Timme reminds me of Nick Collison.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    What?!?!?!?!? The guy is an all star.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

Sorry for the delay, will, but Drew's had an efficient 3 point stroke for at least a couple of years. It's just that the Zags don't focus on the 3 pointer as much as other schools. His job at the 4/5 is to work within the high/low offense, play effective D, and grab rebounds. When he was in HS, he was given free rein to shoot 3s, with good reason: whenever he got the ball in the post, the opponents would immediately double, or triple team him. That's how he developed his skill as an excellent passer, making him a perfect fit for the Zags.

Filip didn't have to worry about that in HS, with RJ Barrett playing alongside him.

Remember, in the first half of the WCC title game, Drew was 7-8 from the field, showing off his dazzling footwork to the delight of Dickie V (and Zag fans, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Sorry for the delay, will, but Drew's had an efficient 3 point stroke for at least a couple of years. It's just that the Zags don't focus on the 3 pointer as much as other schools. His job at the 4/5 is to work within the high/low offense, play effective D, and grab rebounds. When he was in HS, he was given free rein to shoot 3s, with good reason: whenever he got the ball in the post, the opponents would immediately double, or triple team him. That's how he developed his skill as an excellent passer, making him a perfect fit for the Zags.

Filip didn't have to worry about that in HS, with RJ Barrett playing alongside him.

Remember, in the first half of the WCC title game, Drew was 7-8 from the field, showing off his dazzling footwork to the delight of Dickie V (and Zag fans, of course).
    Thank you. That is what I remembered from the recruiting pages...that he DOES have an outside shot. It wouldn't take much to make that a consistent threat.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    What?!?!?!?!? The guy is an all star.
    I think that was his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonezagaga View Post
    Timme reminds me of Nick Collison.
    Great comparison. Both are very crafty and have good footwork. I've watched Collison make many a more athletic defender look stupid over the years and his defense was not too shabby either. Nobody could take a charge like Collison.
    Last edited by Birddog; 05-28-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I'd say Sabonis is more athletic. He was definitely stronger and a very high motor player. Not to say Timme isn't, but I'd say there's an athletic difference between the two.
    The primary Sabonis knock was T-Rex wingspan. And it didn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    The primary Sabonis knock was T-Rex wingspan. And it didn't matter.
    "didn't matter" is not equal to "did not keep him from the NBA (and not an NBA all star).

It clearly matters. He would have more rebounds, blocks, and probably an easier time with tip ins and scoring around the rim with longer arms. It hasn't kept him out of the NBA, but that's not equivalent to the claim that it has made no difference in his effectiveness as a basketball player.

So you're saying ...with longer arms he could have been an all-star caliber player.

http://www.mynbadraft.com/2020-nba-draft/mock-draft

It is not the Bleacher Report but it is the most recent 2020 NBA mock draft and coincides with Kispert hearing he is being told toward the upper end of the 2nd round.

This was updated today and it has Kispert going 42nd, Tillie going 53rd, and Ayayi going 57th with Petrusev not drafted. This is the highest I have seen Kispert going in all the mock drafts that I have seen. If Kispert does go in that range, does he stay in the draft or does he return to Gonzaga?

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2020/

This is another draft site that was also updated today and it has Tillie going #41 and none of the the 3 guys being drafted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    http://www.mynbadraft.com/2020-nba-draft/mock-draft

It is not the Bleacher Report but it is the most recent 2020 NBA mock draft and coincides with Kispert hearing he is being told toward the upper end of the 2nd round.

This was updated today and it has Kispert going 42nd, Tillie going 53rd, and Ayayi going 57th with Petrusev not drafted. This is the highest I have seen Kispert going in all the mock drafts that I have seen. If Kispert does go in that range, does he stay in the draft or does he return to Gonzaga?
    I don't follow the NBA much, but the pelicans seem packed at the SF position. I just don't see them taking Kispert there.

If he has a firm commitment, he might go...but a chance at a Natty should bring him back.
    It's not funny.