Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleacher Report 2021 NBA Mock Draft

Default Bleacher Report 2021 NBA Mock Draft

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-predictions

Jonathan Wasserman from BR has Jalen Suggs at #5. One of the players he has above Suggs is only there if he hypothetically reclassifies.

No other Zags are listed in his top 30 for now, but one guy who could easily get there is Anton Watson.

Here's another one that has Suggs at #9 and Timme at #29. I am not sure this is a true mock draft for 2021 but it is a top 60 prospects. I was surprised not to see Watson, Kispert, Petrusev, or Ayayi. Maybe he has one or all staying in the 2020 draft but the latest mock draft from yesterday had Tillie at #52 and nobody else in the top 60. So we will see.

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/l...top-prospects/

And another one that has Suggs at 14; Petrusev at 18; and Ayayi at 38.

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-dr...year-mock=2021

I'm just being hypothetical here, but wouldn't the draft actually be based on their UPCOMING (hopefully) performance?
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I'm just being hypothetical here, but wouldn't the draft actually be based on their UPCOMING (hopefully) performance?
    Yes you are of course right on that one. As you know, this is just a very preliminary projection with a whole lot that can change between now and then. Many on this list won't be on it when the draft comes and many who are not on it will be in the end. But for now, without the UPCOMING performance in 2020/2021 (hopefully) - this is the best we have. But right you are.

Willandi - Here is something interesting for you. I found the following in a file in my office. And why I did this - I have no idea other than i had a lot of time on my hands one day in 2018. But in 2018, I copied the first 2019 NBA mock draft projection. It is the one where Rui and Brandon Clarke went in the first round. Out of the 60 players drafted, only 33 of those 60 were on that first mock draft projection or around 55%. Rui Hachimura was projected to be taken in the 2nd round pick and Brandon Clarke was not on it. Killian Tillie was an early 2nd rounder taken ahead of Hachimura. Norvell was nowhere to be seen on that first mock draft. I'm not sure what the source was - whether it was ESPN, Bleacher Report, CBS, or some other source. But to your point above, there is a lot that can change in a year depending on how the players perform. I did not do it in 2019 for the upcoming 2020 NBA draft.

Timme will not be an nba-er

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Willandi - Here is something interesting for you. I found the following in a file in my office. And why I did this - I have no idea other than i had a lot of time on my hands one day in 2018. But in 2018, I copied the first 2019 NBA mock draft projection. It is the one where Rui and Brandon Clarke went in the first round. Out of the 60 players drafted, only 33 of those 60 were on that first mock draft projection or around 55%. Rui Hachimura was projected to be taken in the 2nd round pick and Brandon Clarke was not on it. Killian Tillie was an early 2nd rounder taken ahead of Hachimura. Norvell was nowhere to be seen on that first mock draft. I'm not sure what the source was - whether it was ESPN, Bleacher Report, CBS, or some other source. But to your point above, there is a lot that can change in a year depending on how the players perform. I did not do it in 2019 for the upcoming 2020 NBA draft.
    I would love to see Lunardi annually compare his first (summer) or even week #1 of the season bracketology bracket to the eventual one.

Does anybody have a reputable mock draft for the 2030-31 season?

Isn't Big D in that one TexasZagFan?
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    IMO... you need to get new glasses.... only injury will keep him out of the NBA.... to crafty with a very high BB IQ... may never be a star but what team wouldn't want a 6'11" play maker that finishes with either hand and can shoot to 15 ft and plays "D"... it's not always about athleticism.... BB is still a TEAM sport even in the NBA.... there will be a spot in the NBA for Drew Timme...

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Wait... What? Did you really say that? We can agree to disagree on this one.

The two guys guy, outside of Suggs, who are supposed to make a Big jump and have a chance to be first rounders in 12 months are Ayayi and Watson. Big summer for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Not for Norvell.

I also believe that Timme will be in the NBA. Maybe not a super star but a solid reserve. He works hard and attacks the rim no matter where he is on the floor. Does too many extras around the basket and he is 6'11.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-predictions

Jonathan Wasserman from BR has Jalen Suggs at #5. One of the players he has above Suggs is only there if he hypothetically reclassifies.

No other Zags are listed in his top 30 for now, but one guy who could easily get there is Anton Watson.
    Watson? I just donít get why so many think heís going to be on the 2021 NBA radar. Most likely he plays 20 minutes in a role this year unless Kispert leaves. He is 2022 earliest IMO.

Not every guy is a short term player or one and done. To me, 2021 early guys from Gonzaga would be Suggs, Ayayi, and Petrusev if he comes back.

I would put Timme at 25%, Ballo at 15%, and Watson at 5% heading into the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watson learned just how precarious the expectations for an athlete to make the Show are.

I could easily see him going if there is any interest. Nobody knows about the amount of interest until the season is played.
    It's not funny.

Watson learned just how precarious the expectations for an athlete to make the Show are.

I could easily see him going if there is any interest. Nobody knows about the amount of interest until the season is played.
    Fair, I just donít think itís likely is all. If he blew up this year, sure. But if Kispert and Petrusev both are back, I think itís tough for him to do that. If he does, good for us all

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Fair, I just don’t think it’s likely is all. If he blew up this year, sure. But if Kispert and Petrusev both are back, I think it’s tough for him to do that. If he does, good for us all

He was in front of Timme in the rotation before the injury.
    It's not funny.

[QUOTE=willandi;1519569]He was in front of Timme in the rotation before the.

It could be, but I donít think he breaks out in that rotation. I know that Collins did, but he was also a post guy.

He was in front of Timme in the rotation before the injury.
    But they really occupy different roles. Watson is your 6'7" - 6'8" athletic slashing defender and Timme is your 6'9" skilled post. It doesn't mean one is better than the other, just that they may fit the current lineup better.

Fair, I just don’t think it’s likely is all. If he blew up this year, sure. But if Kispert and Petrusev both are back, I think it’s tough for him to do that. If he does, good for us all

Anton just missed the final cut for the National U18 team. His skill set is top echelon caliber. It will be hard to keep him out of the lineup if he overcomes the fear of reinjuring himself. If he progresses to alpha dog like Rui the sky is the limit. Including early entry.

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    But they really occupy different roles. Watson is your 6'7" - 6'8" athletic slashing defender and Timme is your 6'9" skilled post. It doesn't mean one is better than the other, just that they may fit the current lineup better.
    He was playing the 4, coming in for Tillie and in the rotation before Timme came in.

Timme is a great talent. He could leave after next year, but just like Kispert was starting before Norvell, Watson was in the game before Timme.

If he blows up, he could easily be gone.
    Last edited by willandi; 05-24-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    It's not funny.

I’m with Hooter on this one. Timme’s greatest skill, low post moves and scoring, will not translate to the nba. He’s also not 6’11”. But he is going to be a wonderful college player to root for and see develop.
    Last edited by Hogan; 05-24-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Watson? I just don’t get why so many think he’s going to be on the 2021 NBA radar. Most likely he plays 20 minutes in a role this year unless Kispert leaves. He is 2022 earliest IMO.

Not every guy is a short term player or one and done. To me, 2021 early guys from Gonzaga would be Suggs, Ayayi, and Petrusev if he comes back.

I would put Timme at 25%, Ballo at 15%, and Watson at 5% heading into the year.

Watson hasn't shown a lot obviously because of his injury. But he has the potential to be a first rounder next year based on his feel for the game, athleticism, and versatility. We got a glimpse of it in the exhibition game and against Pine Bluff and North Dakota. If he enters next year with a legit outside shot, I could see him averaging 12ppg, 10rpg, 3apg, 2spg, and 1bpg. He has incredible upside and will be our x factor next season. There's a reason that Zag insiders on this forum and Twitter are confident that he will be our starting 4 next season coming off of a major surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    I’m with Hooter on this one. Timme’s greatest skill, low post moves and scoring, will not translate to the nba. He’s also not 6’11”. But he is going to be a wonderful college player to root for and see develop.
    Agree. Timme’s best days will be in Spokane. Watty’s in the league.