X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Watson learned just how precarious the expectations for an athlete to make the Show are.

I could easily see him going if there is any interest. Nobody knows about the amount of interest until the season is played.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Mr Vulture
      Zag for Life
      • May 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
      Watson learned just how precarious the expectations for an athlete to make the Show are.

I could easily see him going if there is any interest. Nobody knows about the amount of interest until the season is played.
      Fair, I just don’t think it’s likely is all. If he blew up this year, sure. But if Kispert and Petrusev both are back, I think it’s tough for him to do that. If he does, good for us all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
        Fair, I just don’t think it’s likely is all. If he blew up this year, sure. But if Kispert and Petrusev both are back, I think it’s tough for him to do that. If he does, good for us all

He was in front of Timme in the rotation before the injury.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
          Zag for Life
          • May 2008

Bleacher Report 2021 NBA Mock Draft

[QUOTE=willandi;1519569]He was in front of Timme in the rotation before the.

It could be, but I don’t think he breaks out in that rotation. I know that Collins did, but he was also a post guy.

Comment

• MTZag03
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by willandi View Post
            He was in front of Timme in the rotation before the injury.
            But they really occupy different roles. Watson is your 6'7" - 6'8" athletic slashing defender and Timme is your 6'9" skilled post. It doesn't mean one is better than the other, just that they may fit the current lineup better.

Comment

• Markburn1
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2015

Anton just missed the final cut for the National U18 team. His skill set is top echelon caliber. It will be hard to keep him out of the lineup if he overcomes the fear of reinjuring himself. If he progresses to alpha dog like Rui the sky is the limit. Including early entry.

Comment

• willandi
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MTZag03 View Post
                But they really occupy different roles. Watson is your 6'7" - 6'8" athletic slashing defender and Timme is your 6'9" skilled post. It doesn't mean one is better than the other, just that they may fit the current lineup better.
                He was playing the 4, coming in for Tillie and in the rotation before Timme came in.

Timme is a great talent. He could leave after next year, but just like Kispert was starting before Norvell, Watson was in the game before Timme.

If he blows up, he could easily be gone.
                Last edited by willandi; 05-24-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Hogan
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Mar 2007

I’m with Hooter on this one. Timme’s greatest skill, low post moves and scoring, will not translate to the nba. He’s also not 6’11”. But he is going to be a wonderful college player to root for and see develop.
                  Last edited by Hogan; 05-24-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Zag1203
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Apr 2020

Watson? I just don’t get why so many think he’s going to be on the 2021 NBA radar. Most likely he plays 20 minutes in a role this year unless Kispert leaves. He is 2022 earliest IMO.

Not every guy is a short term player or one and done. To me, 2021 early guys from Gonzaga would be Suggs, Ayayi, and Petrusev if he comes back.

I would put Timme at 25%, Ballo at 15%, and Watson at 5% heading into the year.

Watson hasn't shown a lot obviously because of his injury. But he has the potential to be a first rounder next year based on his feel for the game, athleticism, and versatility. We got a glimpse of it in the exhibition game and against Pine Bluff and North Dakota. If he enters next year with a legit outside shot, I could see him averaging 12ppg, 10rpg, 3apg, 2spg, and 1bpg. He has incredible upside and will be our x factor next season. There's a reason that Zag insiders on this forum and Twitter are confident that he will be our starting 4 next season coming off of a major surgery.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hogan View Post
                      I’m with Hooter on this one. Timme’s greatest skill, low post moves and scoring, will not translate to the nba. He’s also not 6’11”. But he is going to be a wonderful college player to root for and see develop.
                      Agree. Timme’s best days will be in Spokane. Watty’s in the league.

Comment

• zagfan08
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Watson fits the modern NBA perfectly. 2 way wings are the most prized asset right now and if he can develop into that... a lot of money is in his future. Agreed that Timme fits college hoops and specifically Gonzaga best. Glad we have him! He will have to be a dependable 3 point shooter at his size to make it since he’s unlikely to protect the rim at that level. But I’m a big Timme fan and hope he plays the most minutes of any of our 5s this year and I’m pretty confident they‘ll trust him in the closing lineup.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                          Zag for Life
                          • May 2008

Bleacher Report 2021 NBA Mock Draft

Originally posted by Zag1203 View Post
                          Watson hasn't shown a lot obviously because of his injury. But he has the potential to be a first rounder next year based on his feel for the game, athleticism, and versatility. We got a glimpse of it in the exhibition game and against Pine Bluff and North Dakota. If he enters next year with a legit outside shot, I could see him averaging 12ppg, 10rpg, 3apg, 2spg, and 1bpg. He has incredible upside and will be our x factor next season. There's a reason that Zag insiders on this forum and Twitter are confident that he will be our starting 4 next season coming off of a major surgery.
                          Well, hopefully he does blow up this year but I’m still thinking 2022 is much more likely for him.

My main point is that I’ve read how the entire rotation here being talked about like they’re going to leave after this season. If Kispert, Ayayi, and Petrusev all come back..I doubt anyone but Suggs is going NBA early after this season. Yes, I know Ayayi is a RS Jr this year.

I have read that Watson, Timme, and Ballo are all “going to the NBA after this year” in the last week (on here). I’m just saying we need to not go overboard on these kids. Could they declare to get feedback, sure. I just doubt they’d stay in the draft,or should, barring a first round guarantee (unlikely IMO) in 2021

To be clear, I love these kids and I think they all have pro futures. This season should be fantastic and fun for everyone.

Comment

• jsnider
                            Kennel Club
                            • Apr 2020

Well, hopefully he does blow up this year but I’m still thinking 2022 is much more likely for him.

My main point is that I’ve read how the entire rotation here being talked about like they’re going to leave after this season. If Kispert, Ayayi, and Petrusev all come back..I doubt anyone but Suggs is going NBA early after this season. Yes, I know Ayayi is a RS Jr this year.

I have read that Watson, Timme, and Ballo are all “going to the NBA after this year” in the last week (on here). I’m just saying we need to not go overboard on these kids. Could they declare to get feedback, sure. I just doubt they’d stay in the draft,or should, barring a first round guarantee (unlikely IMO) in 2021

To be clear, I love these kids and I think they all have pro futures. This season should be fantastic and fun for everyone.

Mr. Vulture - I could not have articulated my thoughts any better than you did. Completely agree with you.
                            Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• GrizZAG
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2009

Timme is one of those pure grit kind of guys and I can think of plenty of great NBA guys that fit that description. My bet is not only he makes it but becomes special. He's too motivated and willing to work to prove it. He's going to be a beast. NBA YES!
                              One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• willandi
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                                Timme is one of those pure grit kind of guys and I can think of plenty of great NBA guys that fit that description. My bet is not only he makes it but becomes special. He's too motivated and willing to work to prove it. He's going to be a beast. NBA YES!
                                I think so too. He will develop an outside shot.

TZF. Didn't he have one in HS?

Comment

Working...
                                X