Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #1 in ESPN's Way-Too-Early Top 25 today

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Wow, I do not see it at all. Ballo doesn't have anywhere near the hops or the fluidity of Kemp. Don't see him driving most of the length of the court and splitting defenders like Kemp. Physical stature is about where the similarities end.
    +1. He’s more a power dunker like Shaq.

Ballo's video was at age 16/17. Kemp's video is as a veteran NBA All-Star.

This about projecting Ballo's ceiling. Something that won't be reached at Gonzaga.

I stand by the statement.
    I miss Mike Hart

My comment wasn't meant to disparage Ballo. I certainly think he has lots of potential and can be very impactful at GU. I just don't expect that he's going to eventually be a similar player to Kemp.

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Ballo's video was at age 16/17. Kemp's video is as a veteran NBA All-Star.

This about projecting Ballo's ceiling. Something that won't be reached at Gonzaga.

I stand by the statement.
    Except they are nothing alike in their game.. but carry on

Ballo is more similar to Kemp than I am. But that's not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Except they are nothing alike in their game.. but carry on
    Way to put this into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I dont see any reason now to believe that Suggs will be anywhere but Spokane in the Fall. Outside of this pandemic cancelling classes.
    Didn't the NCAA say the players can practice together this summer (June) or did I dream that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZionZag View Post
    Didn't the NCAA say the players can practice together this summer (June) or did I dream that.
    Well, yes, but campus has to open to students first. GU is already planning on having in-person classes in the fall, if I remember correctly. Not sure about summer sessions since someone else said they were doing online courses for the first summer session.

They can begin working out June 1. That's the decree As for Ballo, he's got the size and talent but he needs to be developed. I do know he's working hard and coaches were happy with his progress. He'll need some time. Similar size to Kemp but that about it. Goal with him is NBA. Hes got a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Well, yes, but campus has to open to students first. GU is already planning on having in-person classes in the fall, if I remember correctly. Not sure about summer sessions since someone else said they were doing online courses for the first summer session.
    The campus would have to be open and whatever state the campus is in would have to be allowing that sort of non-essential activity. Everybody is going to be on a different timeline this season.

I had read that the international guys are still on campus right now even though they are doing the distance learning. So, I would think the players could come in since it appears they have some campus services open.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Pleeeeeeease let this season happen. pretty please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

NBC's new rankings.....ZAGS still a No 2. https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....season-top-25/

Nova loses nobody so far... With addition of SUggs, Harris and Strawther.and possibly Andrew, to me it's just a matter of taste. We have till Late Sept to being training formally. Informal can be much sooner. Games don't begin till 1st week in November so I think the Virus should be controlled by then.....At least we're hopful. THis should be among the most exciting season is years.

I think many Americans are over the Corona Virus, I have seen so many in large groups outside and NOT social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I think many Americans are over the Corona Virus, I have seen so many in large groups outside and NOT social distancing.
    The question is...is the Corona Virus over them?
    It's not funny.

T
    I am in one of the office buildings next to the Courthouse. 1000 people belly to belly. No distancing here. Of course these people are crazy mad,

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    T
    I am in one of the office buildings next to the Courthouse. 1000 people belly to belly. No distancing here. Of course these people are crazy mad,
    Within 2 weeks to a month, after all the protesting/rioting of this week, we will know if the threat of Covid has passed, or if it is the start of the second wave.

Either way. We should know.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Within 2 weeks to a month, after all the protesting/rioting of this week, we will know if the threat of Covid has passed, or if it is the start of the second wave.

Either way. We should know.

Fully agree. 100%
    Love the zags for life