Thread: Ranking All 22 Mark Few Recruiting Classes

Default Ranking All 22 Mark Few Recruiting Classes

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...uiting-classes

How is this article by The Slipper Still Fits not being discussed in BZ's Field House?!?!

Fantastic content to dissect. I think anyone would be hard pressed to disagree with their choice for #1.

I would really love for them to revisit this in about 3-4 years. I have a strong feeling our 2019 and 2020 classes will end up much higher on this list.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Fun article. I'd like to see a version without transfers and walk ons.

Thanks for taking taking the time and i am sure you spent a lot of time on this one. Go Zags!

I’m surprised that this article didn’t prompt more discussion on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I’m surprised that this article didn’t prompt more discussion on this board.
    I am not. Suspect lots of discussion of class A should be placed two positions higher or class B should be eight spots lower. Some of those points might have been interesting. However, few (if any) would have matched the diligence of the original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    I am not. Suspect lots of discussion of class A should be placed two positions higher or class B should be eight spots lower. Some of those points might have been interesting. However, few (if any) would have matched the diligence of the original poster.
    That’s probably true. There wasn’t a single class that I would have moved by more than 2-3 slots up or down and those were mostly classes in the middle of the rankings.

What did interest me was the sheer number of names that have come and gone over the years. There are a lot of young men who wore Gonzaga uniforms who barely played. A good recruiting class often has just two high level starters and one or two contributing role players. We tend to think that a program needs to bring in 4-5 absolute studs with each class. That isn’t necessarily true.

Big grievance here! The #5 ranked class (2007) failed to list Andrew Sorenson. I mean, I loved Rem B but I have always felt that Andrew was the original walk on who brought pure Bench Joy to the team. And here’s to all the walk ons who work their tails off months (and sometimes years) on end for precious little in the way of playing time!

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Big grievance here! The #5 ranked class (2007) failed to list Andrew Sorenson. I mean, I loved Rem B but I have always felt that Andrew was the original walk on who brought pure Bench Joy to the team. And here’s to all the walk ons who work their tails off months (and sometimes years) on end for precious little in the way of playing time!
    tyra for threeeeee !!!

“Banks” it in ....

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ