Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's some hope!!

Default Here's some hope!!

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Texas & California governors both say that sports without fans may reopen in their respective states in early June.
    Throw in New York as well as a state to allow sports without fans in early June. Oregonís stay at home order just got axed by their Supreme Court although Iím sure theyíll try to do something to reimplement it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Throw in New York as well as a state to allow sports without fans in early June. Oregon’s stay at home order just got axed by their Supreme Court although I’m sure they’ll try to do something to reimplement it.

It was a county Circuit Judge that ruled against the stay at home order, not the Oregon SC. I would be shocked if this ruling survives an appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    It was a county Circuit Judge that ruled against the stay at home order, not the Oregon SC. I would be shocked if this ruling survives an appeal.
    Regardless, New York joined the other two states today in regards to sports.

I canít speak to the Oregon constitution, but the judge was an appointment by the Governor. Not sure how the SC there would rule. Wisconsin just had same thing happen Friday but via their Supreme Court.

Pete Thamel
    @PeteThamel
    Sources: The NCAA Division I Council voted to approve voluntary athletic activities in football, MBB and WBB to start June 1st and go through June 30th. There had been a moratorium on that through May 31st. Other sports will be acted on on a later date.

Big Sky Basketball Teams to Play 16-Game Conference Schedule in 2020-21

https://goeags.com/news/2020/5/22/ge...n-2020-21.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Big Sky Basketball Teams to Play 16-Game Conference Schedule in 2020-21

https://goeags.com/news/2020/5/22/ge...n-2020-21.aspx
    Talk about tone deaf. Not a word about Covid. Just saving money. Who green lights this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Talk about tone deaf. Not a word about Covid. Just saving money. Who green lights this stuff?
    You would think they'd mention the lost revenue from Covid as the reason for this. Gives a chance to schedule some extra road games and make a little more money.

A storm cloud. Patrick Ewing, Coach at Georgetown, has tested positive.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt..._headlines_hed
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    A storm cloud. Patrick Ewing, Coach at Georgetown, has tested positive.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt..._headlines_hed

Very much so. Not a young man and appears overweight.

I donít see why they need to mention Covid in everything. Why is that tone deaf?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I don’t see why they need to mention Covid in everything. Why is that tone deaf?

I agree. The article did say the schools can schedule extra OOC games.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Default Here's some hope!!

Very much so. Not a young man and appears overweight.
    Iím basically accepting that this season is going to have an asterisk after it.

I think it is going to be disjointed and unconventional. We are already seeing different schools have different practice start dates. Some schools will have jumps on other schools even in their own conference.

Many schools are adjusting their school year to start after Labor Day and have 1st semester end before Thanksgiving. Then students wonít be back on campus until February or later for the following semester. Tennessee and Creighton, from my research, are both doing this.

That really clears the way for playing basketball with no fans. Schools will be scheduling when and where they can. I think many schedules will be kind of made on the fly.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

might be different for this year. But if one looks at the reason for this change, it's dwindling quickly. I'd guess the year 2021-2022 we'll be back to normal. The reason I say this is basically that we'll have another year to analyze the data, Once that's done , you all will see ( maybe not like it) but much of this panic is based on incorrect assumptions and facts .

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    might be different for this year. But if one looks at the reason for this change, it's dwindling quickly. I'd guess the year 2021-2022 we'll be back to normal. The reason I say this is basically that we'll have another year to analyze the data, Once that's done , you all will see ( maybe not like it) but much of this panic is based on incorrect assumptions and facts .
    CDC has changed multiple times of what they thought was right about covid. At same time i think close down was right to do for a time. I am glad life is slowly resuming.
    Love the zags for life

This should not be political. No one is trying to do the wrong thing. Most leaders have a reason for wanting what they're asking for and few are doing it for a personal agenda. Just what they believe is right.

Economists should not be ignored in the least, nor should the epidemiologists.

Whatever the data is on any given today is a snapshot of that day, and the future is contingent upon behaviors and the virus, neither are that predictable.

I applaud everyone for keeping any agenda out of this, no one wants anything but to go back to normal, from there is all a sense of what one sees as dangerous, etc. We're helping care for an elderly, sharp but ailing woman. My priorities will be very different, but keep in mind that what others decide (to go to church) impacts me.

On the school/sports side? I think it's far smarter to plan to be there (with adjustments such as starting early) and planning as responsibly as possible. But I say that for the simple reason that it's far easier to cancel plans than build them. So plan, hope for the best, and see what happens.

For the kids I desperately hope that this season is as normal as possible. None of them are really in danger. The older guy cleaning the halls is the one we worry about.

Take care everyone.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

THe older guy in the nursing home with multiple risk factors for underlying disease is the guy who we should be worrying about.
    THe under 65 guys who are healthy at baseline have about 1/10 of 1% of getting clinically ill from COVID. Nevertheless........we wear masks and respect distance.

THe kids themselves are very very low risk of getting COVID or having a complicated course if thye even have symptoms. What's becoming most interesting is the data on those who test positive but have no symptoms. Most just sail through.........

Let's play ball!.. We'll have a good season.