Thread: Any idea on how we compare with Nova....NBC 5 days ago

Default Any idea on how we compare with Nova....NBC 5 days ago

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....season-top-25/

Say we know there is a high likelihood all 3 of our NBA tryout types are coming back. how will be compare to Nova?? Even up? Moot point?
    I do think we'll have a season. Deaths going up but holdover from older infections...…...many with a questionable COVID Dx. New infections .dropping......and dropping off quickly
    Let's not argue COVID......let's discuss where we fit in the top 5-10 teams or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post

Say we know there is a high likelihood all 3 of our NBA tryout types are coming back. how will be compare to Nova?? Even up? Moot point?
    I do think we'll have a season. Deaths going up but holdover from older infections...…...many with a questionable COVID Dx. New infections .dropping......and dropping off quickly
    Let's not argue COVID......let's discuss where we fit in the top 5-10 teams or so.
    We're number one by a mile. If it happens.

which players are question marks for Villanova?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    which players are question marks for Villanova?
    Bey

I love this thread. If our guys all come back and if Villanova loses Saddiq Bey as i think they will, then I have to completely disagree with the ranking. I think Gonzaga is #1 but I am biased. With a starting lineup of Suggs/Ayayi/Kispert/Watson/Petrusev and Timme/Cook/Ballo/Strawther/Dom/Pavel all coming off the bench - no team can match that talent, depth and the x factor which is our coaching staff that gets the maximum out of our team approach. I will go so far as to say if all 3 guys come back they will be playing the final weekend. This is the year we have been waiting for. We have unfinished business dating back to 2017. This is our year.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    I love this thread. If our guys all come back and if Villanova loses Saddiq Bey as i think they will, then I have to completely disagree with the ranking. I think Gonzaga is #1 but I am biased. With a starting lineup of Suggs/Ayayi/Kispert/Watson/Petrusev and Timme/Cook/Ballo/Strawther/Dom/Pavel all coming off the bench - no team can match that talent, depth and the x factor which is our coaching staff that gets the maximum out of our team approach. I will go so far as to say if all 3 guys come back they will be playing the final weekend. This is the year we have been waiting for. We have unfinished business dating back to 2017. This is our year.
    The X factor with Few might be advantageous compared to most of college basketball. Compared to Villanova staff, not sure an advantage exists. I’m sure there is an mutual admiration society between the two head coaches. As much as I love Few, I have to give the edge to pretty boy right now.

I have a feeling we'll meet NOVA somewhere along the line.... Maybe at the end. Nobody on the schedule scares me...…….we might be THAT team to go the distance unscathed if we have some luck.

I have a feeling we'll meet NOVA somewhere along the line.... Maybe at the end. Nobody on the schedule scares me...…….we might be THAT team to go the distance unscathed if we have some luck.
    The individual opponents aren't anything we can't win, but the timing of these games will really matter. Tennessee didn't scare a lot of people on the 2019 schedule, but the timing off that game relative to our travel intensive schedule made it really rough.

My friend is a Nova alum and a big fan, of course. I am the same re: Zags. I will try and get his take on this. Was at the Garden to see both play a while ago and where they play and when they play is a factor. Crossing three time zones did not help us and we've seen this before. So lets sit tight and see what happens. Nova is a very very yuppie school. I assume we are now too but I graduated from the law school 45 years ago. Can't believe that it has been that long. Now suffering in Boynton Beach Florida. We don't use heaters here. Best to all of you.

- cbs' too early top 25 rankings, have 4 potential opponents in the top 25
    - for sure, texas tech #7, tennessee #11 and texas #21
    - if seeding plays out in the pre conference tourney, zags will play msu #5.

- add arizona and washington, and zags will have nothing to be ashamed about when waltzing around with a #! ranking and or #1 seed.

I am surprised at you Abe. As another double alum, I would think you would be more afraid of the Creighton team than Villanova. Just because they lost Ty Shon doesn't mean they aren't a real threat to make the FF. In fact with two seven footers likely to suit up, along with Antwann Jones (a transfer from Memphis), they are going to be formidable. In fact as you may recall, at the end of the season, the Bluejays beat Villanova in Philly, Seton Hall in New Jersey and Marquette in Milwaukee. Ziggy is coming back, as are Ballock, Bishop and Jefferson. I like the fact (as a Bluejay fan) that the prevailing "wisdom" is they are now considered much less of a contender. But, I want to remind you, the Jays are loaded, and Jay Wright knows it.

I think this upcoming team is going to be perhaps our most talented team ever. If they gel (and all indications are they will) I think we should be able to beat anyone. jmho

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - cbs' too early top 25 rankings, have 4 potential opponents in the top 25
    - for sure, texas tech #7, tennessee #11 and texas #21
    - if seeding plays out in the pre conference tourney, zags will play msu #5.

- add arizona and washington, and zags will have nothing to be ashamed about when waltzing around with a #! ranking and or #1 seed.
    Sadly for us, I think Texas will find a way to disappoint. Smart only has a job because there was no tournament to miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by siliconzag View Post
    I am surprised at you Abe. As another double alum, I would think you would be more afraid of the Creighton team than Villanova. Just because they lost Ty Shon doesn't mean they aren't a real threat to make the FF. In fact with two seven footers likely to suit up, along with Antwann Jones (a transfer from Memphis), they are going to be formidable. In fact as you may recall, at the end of the season, the Bluejays beat Villanova in Philly, Seton Hall in New Jersey and Marquette in Milwaukee. Ziggy is coming back, as are Ballock, Bishop and Jefferson. I like the fact (as a Bluejay fan) that the prevailing "wisdom" is they are now considered much less of a contender. But, I want to remind you, the Jays are loaded, and Jay Wright knows it.
    Sili it's nice to see you posting again! Hope all is well there, have read y'all are coming out of the "lock-down" and life might be getting back to normal too!

Yes, agree that the Blue Jays are going to be mighty tough next year and the BEast is going to be a very strong conference BUT I truly believe that if all our players come back and stay healthy, we might be the first team to run the table since IU in '76. Have never seen a GU team that will be SO talented and deep in Spokane - Ballo is going to be a BEAST. It's too bad that we couldn't play Duke, UK, Creighton, MSU and KU this season along with TT, UT & Texas, UA and UW...

They just announced college fall sports can open voluntary workouts starting June 1st. Good news!
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by siliconzag View Post
    Welcome back Sili! I agree that the Jays ( who just last week added one of the best bigs in Europe) will be in hot contention for a title. Our mutual friend Jay Kenik and the “Hurls” think so too! It’ll be an amazing year for our schools and even more so. The Jesuit Colleges! Good hearing from you!!