Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA's Mark Emmert says fall sports likely a no-go if campuses are not open

It’s going to be helter skelter. Schools that have conditions that let them play will. I mentioned in another thread that Alabama is reported to be looking to play TCU instead of USC in opening weekend.

Schools will play locally against teams in like conditions, regardless of conference. Whatever they can do to keep at least some income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I really hope Gloria Nevarez is on top of this. Has she spoken in public lately?

What liability will a school have if a student athlete contracts and dies from Covid19 during a season, especially if the rest of the campus does not have students?
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    What liability will a school have if a student athlete contracts and dies from Covid19 during a season, especially if the rest of the campus does not have students?
    Zero liability.
    First, you would have to prove that the student caught the virus at the school, which is pretty much impossible. Second, you would have to show that the school was somehow negligent in allowing the student to come on campus. This is a virus that is everywhere. The chances of getting it on a college campus are not that different than getting it at the grocery store or on your local jogging path. Even people that are staying in their homes catch it and die.

I am nervous that college sports might be done til 2021. California is pushing it for that. I think MLB, NFL will play this yr without fans for MLB. NFL may miss fans for a month or two at most.

The zags just may need 2021-22 season to look at. I am usually on negative side so i hope im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    Zero liability.
    First, you would have to prove that the student caught the virus at the school, which is pretty much impossible. Second, you would have to show that the school was somehow negligent in allowing the student to come on campus. This is a virus that is everywhere. The chances of getting it on a college campus are not that different than getting it at the grocery store or on your local jogging path. Even people that are staying in their homes catch it and die.
    Welcome back Mile! What's Josh doing?? Haven't heard anything since COVID...

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    I am nervous that college sports might be done til 2021. California is pushing it for that. I think MLB, NFL will play this yr without fans for MLB. NFL may miss fans for a month or two at most.

The zags just may need 2021-22 season to look at. I am usually on negative side so i hope im wrong.
    Chargers, Rams and 49ers are looking at the possibility of playing home games in another state. I guess the Seahawks should do the same. Washington follows California in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Welcome back Mile! What's Josh doing?? Haven't heard anything since COVID...
    Covid ended his season with the Dallas G league affiliate. He is still in Dallas working out everyday and pondering his next move for next season, be it another try for the NBA or overseas. The uncertainty of everything really effects guys like him because all the leagues around the world have no clue when they might start up again.
    Thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post

I think there will be something. It just might not look like what we are used to.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    Zero liability.
    If it was zero liability, congress wouldn't be pushing to include lawsuit immunity for businesses in the next round of stimulus.
    Bring back the OCC