What Have You ReDiscovered You Like During Sheltering??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

What Have You ReDiscovered You Like During Sheltering??

Besides crying in the dark under the covers.

I like having day after day with my daughter. I miss her when I'm gone for an hour now.

I don't get to read as much as I'd like, but I've taken up reading again.

I am getting close to grad level astrophysics - minus the math.

I can tell the difference between some poisonous versus non poisonous snakes now - I let a racer go the other day. Felt good.

Love my flower garden.

Playing soccer with daughter - fun

You?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post

I like having day after day with my daughter. I miss her when I'm gone for an hour now.

I can tell the difference between some poisonous versus non poisonous snakes now - I let a racer go the other day. Felt good.

Love my flower garden.

You?
    Being outside.... don't do much of it right now... but do appreciate it a ton more.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post

Love my flower garden.

You?
      Sewing, while I started doing that again out of necessity, it's been fun getting a few of my own projects done since I can't use not wanting to get the sewing machine set up as an excuse to put them off until later.

Fencing (sort of)...before all this started, the boys were going to take a few fencing classes mid April. The instructor decided to do lessons over Zoom since good footwork is important and doesn't require a foil. So I'm basically correcting their stances and going through the drills with them and it's weird to say that I miss it because it wasn't something I was passionate about when I did it. I might buy two masks and foils so we can play around outside when the weather gets better... I'm sure that'll be amusing for the neighbors to see. It was snowing a few moments ago. Not just flurries, enough to actually make the ground look frosty, I miss the beautiful weather we had last weekend.

I've never been much of a baker, but we've been attempting bread products (although the bread always seems too dense). I've become very good at making soft pretzels in the past 2 weeks. They're delicious and I don't think I'll ever buy an overpriced one at the mall food court again!

I'm enjoying audiobooks since I can multitask while I listen to those.

Gardening is going to take a bigger roll than it has the last couple of years. I've started some plants on our porch, and I'm utilizing food scraps to grow back some veggies, onions, and potatoes that got eyes, our Romaine lettuce cores are growing back nicely too.

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
        Sewing, while I started doing that again out of necessity, it's been fun getting a few of my own projects done since I can't use not wanting to get the sewing machine set up as an excuse to put them off until later.

Fencing (sort of)...before all this started, the boys were going to take a few fencing classes mid April. The instructor decided to do lessons over Zoom since good footwork is important and doesn't require a foil. So I'm basically correcting their stances and going through the drills with them and it's weird to say that I miss it because it wasn't something I was passionate about when I did it. I might buy two masks and foils so we can play around outside when the weather gets better... I'm sure that'll be amusing for the neighbors to see. It was snowing a few moments ago. Not just flurries, enough to actually make the ground look frosty, I miss the beautiful weather we had last weekend.

I've never been much of a baker, but we've been attempting bread products (although the bread always seems too dense). I've become very good at making soft pretzels in the past 2 weeks. They're delicious and I don't think I'll ever buy an overpriced one at the mall food court again!

Gardening is going to take a bigger roll than it has the last couple of years. I've started some plants on our porch, and I'm utilizing food scraps to grow back some veggies, onions, and potatoes that got eyes, our Romaine lettuce cores are growing back nicely too.
        The fencing is awesome. See if you can find some cool 'cheek scars' to look as if they have been emulating the Prussians of yore.
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• kitzbuel
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
          The fencing is awesome. See if you can find some cool 'cheek scars' to look as if they have been emulating the Prussians of yore.
          Lol. I am pretty sure Jazzgirl’s sons don’t want them from her. Kind of embarrassing to say you got your sword scar from your mom.
          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
            Administrator
            • Apr 2009

Push-ups and sit-ups. I used to do hundreds of them each week. I got out of that routine when I became a parent. For the past couple of years, I was regularly hitting the gym to use the rower, treadmill, and elliptical trainer. I was slowly rehabbing a pair of lower body injuries. With the gym shut down, I fell back on my old apartment fitness routine. I’m doing a lot of body weight strength training mixed in with my rehab stretches.
            “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• gu03alum
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

My daughter and I went camping in the backyard this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We usually go camping 4-5 times a year, but we have never done it in the backyard before. I have a big yard so we set up corn hole, volleyball net, fire pit. When it got hot, we went in the house. I was able to take a shower each day. My daughter had a blast and was super happy that she got bring as many stuffed animals as she wanted into the tent.
              Bring back the OCC

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I may be rediscovering that ponytail I had 45 years ago, though it will now have to work it's way around a bald spot.
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                  My daughter and I went camping in the backyard this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We usually go camping 4-5 times a year, but we have never done it in the backyard before. I have a big yard so we set up corn hole, volleyball net, fire pit. When it got hot, we went in the house. I was able to take a shower each day. My daughter had a blast and was super happy that she got bring as many stuffed animals as she wanted into the tent.

That is awesome 03!
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post

Please tell me that when fencing you keep repeating... "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die". If you aren't you now will be

You are welcome

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                      Please tell me that when fencing you keep repeating... "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die". If you aren't you now will be

You are welcome
                      LOL, there are always Princess Bride quotes being thrown around in our house.
                      I actually learned to fence lefty despite being a righty because there's a pretty big strategic advantage to using your left hand (especially when the majority of your team are lefties you can practice against). I won a few bouts against left and right handed fencers I had absolutely no business beating and I think it was primarily because they weren't used to practicing against a lefty.

I don't think there'll be any scars, I don't want CYS to knock on our door... although now that I think about it, it can leave some wicked bruises.

Comment

• BayAreaZagFan
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                        I may be rediscovering that ponytail I had 45 years ago, though it will now have to work it's way around a bald spot.
                        Similar here - I've rediscovered a full beard that I haven't had for nearly 20 years. And I'm remembering and relearning all of the wonderful things that go with it like when it comes to eating food (especially messy things like ribs), drinking milk or beer out of a glass, not being able to stop scratching it or running my fingers through it (so much for not touching my face). The one thing I don't remember is it being this white before, though.
                        My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
                          Similar here - I've rediscovered a full beard that I haven't had for nearly 20 years. And I'm remembering and relearning all of the wonderful things that go with it like when it comes to eating food (especially messy things like ribs), drinking milk or beer out of a glass, not being able to stop scratching it or running my fingers through it (so much for not touching my face). The one thing I don't remember is it being this white before, though.
                          Yeah, I quit growing one anymore. The last time I tried this winter I had a huge white patch on my cheek. I was like WTF. I used to have a tough, reddish brown Viking looking color. Now I look like Spot the effing dog from Dick and Jane.
                          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• gu03alum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
                            I usually have a beard, but I have been thinking of shaving it off. I hate wearing my mask over my beard.
                            Bring back the OCC

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

This thread is awesome. I haven't met anyone who fenced seriously - I'd love to try it, and be awful, though who wouldn't be at first?

I hate shaving more than just about anything, except having facial hair. I don't understand men that grow anything. To me I never feel clean, ever, and it's just scratchy and awful .
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X