Thread: Jimmy V Classic - Zags vs. Tennesee

Default Jimmy V Classic - Zags vs. Tennesee

From Jeff Goodman's twitter:

Sources: The Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden expected to feature the following matchups this December:

- No. 1 Baylor vs. No. 15 Rutgers
    - No. 3 Gonzaga vs. No. 20 Tennessee

Great matchup!

Smile Jimmy V!

Wow. Nice.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

I’d love to go see that one but I’m not eager to go to NYC anytime soon.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Rankings are his personal rankings FYI

That will be fun. I really, really hope it comes off somehow. My daughter starts at Tennessee this fall, so this will be a highlight for both of us. I would not cry at all if they decide to move it out of New York to Knoxville or something like that. I really hope this can happen.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    That will be fun. I really, really hope it comes off somehow. My daughter starts at Tennessee this fall, so this will be a highlight for both of us. I would not cry at all if they decide to move it out of New York to Knoxville or something like that. I really hope this can happen.
    I'm all for moving it out of NYC, but it seems like the Zags would be crazy to play it in Knoxville.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    I'm all for moving it out of NYC, but it seems like the Zags would be crazy to play it in Knoxville.
    Yeah, but I could attend.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    My preferred location (in this situation) would be Nashville, site of one of my best ever Zag road trips, where the legend of Big D was born.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Darn Kitz, I didn't know you were that old. My youngest son will be probably matriculating at a local CC. He's not ready for a 4 year college, and I've been learning there are companies with excellent tuition reimbursement programs. Covid has turned his life into a near gap year, he's not functioning well in the online environment.

Big D is driving his mom batty, as he's usually able to finish his schoolwork (3rd grade) in less than 3 hours.

From the Spokesman.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...my-v-classic-/

The Zags and Volunteers will square off in the Jimmy V Classic on Dec. 8 at Madison Square Garden. It will mark the fourth meeting in six years between the schools since Barnes took over at Tennessee before the 2015-16 season.

Jimmy V is always played at MSG.