• Show
Clear All
  • TerpZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Gonzaga Baseball Adds Apodaca to Incoming Class

Baseball Adds Apodaca to Incoming Class

Arizona native set to join Zags for 2020-21

SPOKANE, Wash. – Gonzaga baseball head coach Mark Machtolf announced the addition of Enzo Apodaca to the recruiting class for the 2020-21 academic year.

Apodaca, a talented outfielder from Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona, will join a list of seven other incoming recruits, including high school teammate Tyler Stone. Read more on this year's recruiting class here and here.

Enzo Apodaca | Scottsdale, Ariz. | Chaparral HS
    A three-year varsity outfielder, Apodaca hit .412 while knocking in 15 runs as a junior from the leadoff position in the lineup. He was named a top-five outfielder in the state of Arizona and earned both All-District and All-Region First Team honors. At the 2019 Perfect Game WWBA National Championship, he earned All-Tournament offensive honors. In the classroom, Apodaca was named to the 2019 Arizona All-Academic Team.

Apodaca on choosing Gonzaga:
    "Gonzaga was always a dream school for me. It was a perfect fit as a student and an athlete for the quality of education and baseball program. I wanted to be at a school where I wasn't just 'a number', but a place where I can make a difference and people care about me. Meeting the coaching staff proved that. To be able to play the game I love at such an amazing school is a blessing."

Machtolf on Apodaca:
    "We are thrilled to have Enzo joining the program this upcoming Fall. He is one of the elite outfielders in the state of Arizona and will look to make an immediate impact. Enzo will add more athleticism and speed to our outfield, as well as our lineup. he is a very high-character young man who will make an impact to our program and Gonzaga community throughout his career."

Gonzaga Article Link
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Unusual name reminded me of this:

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Bob Apodaca. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

Grandpa?
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
    X