Thread: One spot left- still recruiting

Default One spot left- still recruiting

If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

I don't know what extra spot the author of the piece is seeing, unless she's counting on Filip, Cory, or Joel stating in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    I don't know what extra spot the author of the piece is seeing, unless she's counting on Filip, Cory, or Joel stating in the draft.

I assumed Lang was a walk-on...maybe he becomes one?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I assumed Lang was a walk-on...maybe he becomes one?
    Lang was awarded a scholarship in February of this year, according to this thread. http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...p-Chart-update

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Lang was awarded a scholarship in February of this year, according to this thread. http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...p-Chart-update
    Scholarships are year to year. Walk-ons like Lang usually get them for 1 year. They can choose not to renew his scholarship and give it to someone else. I believe that's the case

Chaundee Brown seems like a Pargo type player? Wake usually has very good players..
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

"Brown had five games of 20+ points this past season, including going for 24 points and nine rebounds in the huge overtime win over Duke."

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/04/...final-4-teams/

Battle tested proven player

Wow! I really like his kind of game. I like his size for a guard.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Wow, yes please. Especially if he doesn't get a waiver to play right away just in terms of a pretty good amount of guard depth right now so he'd be great to have if/when Suggs and Ayayi leave early, plus only having Cook for one year, but if he came and was able to play right away averages for everybody may go down but the attack we would constantly have on the floor would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Wow, yes please. Especially if he doesn't get a waiver to play right away just in terms of a pretty good amount of guard depth right now so he'd be great to have if/when Suggs and Ayayi leave early, plus only having Cook for one year, but if he came and was able to play right away averages for everybody may go down but the attack we would constantly have on the floor would be insane.
    If they added Brown to the squad this year, it would be absolutely absurd the depth we would have. That assumes he gets a waiver, which I think he would get, and the three kids come back that declared. The minutes would absolutely be earned by the players and Few would be able to go much deeper than he usually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    If they added Brown to the squad this year, it would be absolutely absurd the depth we would have. That assumes he gets a waiver, which I think he would get, and the three kids come back that declared. The minutes would absolutely be earned by the players and Few would be able to go much deeper than he usually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah but there's the rub, does he use the depth or stick to his post-December 7-8 man rotation... until march when we see him throw the 12th man into the first half of an NCAA game just to mix it up

If he keeps recruiting great players like Brown that 12th man would be dangerous anyway LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Ah but there's the rub, does he use the depth or stick to his post-December 7-8 man rotation... until march when we see him throw the 12th man into the first half of an NCAA game just to mix it up
    Even if Few plays NINE guys, someone surprising (a promising recruit or a guy that played last year) is going to be left out of the rotation. If everyone comes back.

Looks like a Byron Wesley clone to me

One thing that Few believes is that the team is as strong as it's weakest link. If Brown comes to GU and is eligible to play then our weakest link is going to be pretty darn strong, whoever it is.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Here's another supposedly recruiting
    https://www.swxrightnow.com/stories/...has-gonzaga-i/
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Cool So our Kaden Perry...

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    Here's another supposedly recruiting
    https://www.swxrightnow.com/stories/...has-gonzaga-i/
    ...has moved to No. 59 on 247 Sport's Top-100 list ('20-'21)? That's cool and two-thirds! Top-60 is impressive for any player, any year.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!