Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jalen Suggs

Hey guys! Jalen is on twitch, maybe give him a follow? His account is jsuggs1

Cool article on Suggs and why he chose Gonzaga. Said he is most looking forward to playing Tennessee in MSG and Texas Tech because of Elite 8 revenge. He speaks of that Elite 8 team as if he was apart of the program rooting them on back then! He's gonna make that game personal.

https://gmikereport.wordpress.com/20...zags-and-more/

I like the use of “us” in his quote about TT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    I like the use of “us” in his quote about TT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Zag for life!

One of our most impressive recruits. Superior athlete, raise well and is very bright. Love this kid.

Folks were quick to discuss how long a drive it was from Minnesota...but no info on whether Suggs is coming or is here? Past 30 June. Are we concerned? Caldwell??

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Folks were quick to discuss how long a drive it was from Minnesota...but no info on whether Suggs is coming or is here? Past 30 June. Are we concerned? Caldwell??
    Going to go out on a limb and guess Jalen & family spent the day settling into his dorm & other freshmen stuff yesterday.

Everything is fine. The world is not ending.

Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Give it a rest.
    Why? It's a fair question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Why? It's a fair question.
    Because, despite all the assurances from people in the know, some just can't stop the questions.

We will know when we know. Repeatedly asking won't help anyone know any sooner.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Because, despite all the assurances from people in the know, some just can't stop the questions.

We will know when we know. Repeatedly asking won't help anyone know any sooner.
    Well if you're not in the know (like you), then obviously the question wasn't directed at you.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Caldwell is retiring due to having to answer the same question over and over and over and over and over. Sorry I forgot to put my GPS tracker on Jalen, but again for the millionth time Jalen's plan is to be a Zag.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Caldwell is retiring due to having to answer the same question over and over and over and over and over. Sorry I forgot to put my GPS tracker on Jalen, but again for the millionth time Jalen's plan is to be a Zag.
    This is what happens when you try to do something nice for people. It's your fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Good grief. It’s a fair question. Last info was arrival by 30 June. No news on arrival, so I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    This is what happens when you try to do something nice for people. It's your fault.
    Yeah probably true!

Good grief. It’s a fair question. Last info was arrival by 30 June. No news on arrival, so I asked.
    It may be a "fair" question, but anytime someone on this board gets nervous about Suggs, it's Caldwell or ZagBlue, what's going on, why don't we know, is the sky falling? I can't speak for ZB, but I don't talk to my contacts daily as I don't want to burn those bridges by over asking. Patience is a virtue, patience is key. What indication do we have that Suggs is not in Spokane? I have said it for a LONG time that Suggs will be a Zag, nothing that I have heard has convinced me otherwise.

Why do you need immediate gratification? He's going to be a Zag, stop hand wringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Why do you need immediate gratification? He's going to be a Zag, stop hand wringing.
    or hand wring to yourself, quietly, in the corner. find some other outlet for whatever manic worry energy you have. maybe a fidget spinner. or take up homebrewing.

caldwell has consistently and patiently answered the same questions for over a year now. he's updated us all, without prompting, whenever there was an update to give. he's been proven correct, eventually, every step of the way-- but right now schedules EVERYWHERE are all messed up. combine that with a bunch of neurotic people with often-times arbitrary clocks in their heads and the patience of a toddler on a roadtrip, and i'm honestly surprised he didn't check out of this long ago.

i'd also recommend joining (paid) inside the kennel. max on that site is a great source of information, and actually gets $$$ for answering the same question over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Just be glad you weren’t doing this back when we were all waiting for Bol Kong to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Well if you're not in the know (like you), then obviously the question wasn't directed at you.
    So sorry. I didn't see it as directed at anyone and just felt that the obvious should be stated. He will be here when he gets here, unless YOU have information other than that.
    It's not funny.

Don’t go Caldwell!!! We need ya!!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    or hand wring to yourself, quietly, in the corner. find some other outlet for whatever manic worry energy you have. maybe a fidget spinner. or take up homebrewing.

caldwell has consistently and patiently answered the same questions for over a year now. he's updated us all, without prompting, whenever there was an update to give. he's been proven correct, eventually, every step of the way-- but right now schedules EVERYWHERE are all messed up. combine that with a bunch of neurotic people with often-times arbitrary clocks in their heads and the patience of a toddler on a roadtrip, and i'm honestly surprised he didn't check out of this long ago.

i'd also recommend joining (paid) inside the kennel. max on that site is a great source of information, and actually gets $$$ for answering the same question over and over again.
    Really good point to bring up. Caldwell is providing this information to us for free. Beggars don't get to be choosers.

If we want this bridge to stay unburnt, we'll take what we get and be thankful we even have this information to keep us tapped into Gonzaga basketball during the offseason.

To put today's conversation into perspective, some of y'all are making a rather huge deal out of a 18 year old arriving on campus or not. If his name wasn't Jalen Suggs, this would be an extremely creepy thing to focus on.

I would like to thank Caldwell for all your super info that you keep giving us. People relax and enjoy the summer. This could be a very chaotic year and all of us need to sit back and enjoy the journey. NOBODY is going to be able to predict what will happen this year. No games, partial year, no crowds, March madness, or ????

But even if we do not see the team much, think about what the practices are probably like. We have 13-15 super players that are going to be taking the time to make each of them better. And great coaches that are going to help all of them improve.

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...he-tricky-trio
    This sounds as if they are together.

But perhaps the most exciting element of the team for some fans is the addition of the Tricky Trio. Jalen Suggs, Dominick Harris, and Julian Strawther make up Gonzaga’s best recruiting class of all-time. I’ve spent a lot of time over the last few days watching the Trio play to see what their real strengths and weaknesses are, and how they will fit on this year’s roster. As our fearless leader Peter Woodburn told me on Monday, it’s pretty wild that Gonzaga recruits now have full games, some of them nationally televised, to watch on YouTube as opposed to scouring the internet for mixtapes.