Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 156

Thread: Jalen Suggs

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Thank you very much for this post. I posted pictures on here once and some have seen them. What I love is you are calling me out on fishing yet have given you nothing to believe that I would lie to any of you. So again thank you very much for the slap in the face. I am out!! I do this for free, I don't have the time or the energy to deal with BS like this. And yes I am going fishing on the MO in a few weeks, with one of the good guys on this forum. I love my Zags and love being able to provide information when needed, but seriously dude F-off!!
    Caldwell et al,

    I am so very sorry for offending you and others on this board.

    I have chosen to leave and just root from afar.

    V/r

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Caldwell et al,

    I am so very sorry for offending you and others on this board.

    I have chosen to leave and just root from afar.

    V/r
    Take a break, and come back. Separation is a good thing sometimes!

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Caldwell et al,

    I am so very sorry for offending you and others on this board.

    I have chosen to leave and just root from afar.

    V/r
    Bo. You belong here as much as anyone. Meanwhile, keep your head down.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Nobody leave! It appears that it may have been a misunderstanding. Let's keep moving forward. ZAGUP!

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Let’s make a bet, if he makes it to campus you never post in the recruiting forum again. If he doesn’t, I won’t.

    You add nothing to this forum other than contributing to driving away one of our most valuable resources for information. We as a fan base are lucky to have Caldwell willing to share what he knows for free, for nothing in exchange other than grief from people like you.
    My posts have nothing to do with Caldwell. Not directed at him whatsoever. He’s a great dude and has answered a ton of my private messages before. Not sure why it’s that hard for anyone to just say “I disagree”. This is all my opinion on a message board. If Jalen Suggs was a 3 star recruit who was showing up when school started, everyone would be killing him. He’s obviously a crazy talent, and maybe he takes us to the promised-land, but this entire process has seemed disingenuous at best. Of course I could have been an alarmist based solely on looking from afar, but now he’s not even showing up on time.

    Cade Cunningham, the #1 recruit in the nation with no shot to play in the NCAA tournament, is on campus in Stillwater working out.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    My posts have nothing to do with Caldwell. Not directed at him whatsoever. He’s a great dude and has answered a ton of my private messages before. Not sure why it’s that hard for anyone to just say “I disagree”. This is all my opinion on a message board. If Jalen Suggs was a 3 star recruit who was showing up when school started, everyone would be killing him. He’s obviously a crazy talent, and maybe he takes us to the promised-land, but this entire process has seemed disingenuous at best. Of course I could have been an alarmist based solely on looking from afar, but now he’s not even showing up on time.

    Cade Cunningham, the #1 recruit in the nation with no shot to play in the NCAA tournament, is on campus in Stillwater working out.

    With his brother. Who was conveniently brought on as an assistant coach. Great example.

    I agree that we should be able to disagree. But it does seems like you are taking shots at a kid’s character whom you do not know. Fair?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    With his brother. Who was conveniently brought on as an assistant coach. Great example.

    I agree that we should be able to disagree. But it does seems like you are taking shots at a kid’s character whom you do not know. Fair?
    Not at all. His family wants what’s best for him, and can’t blame them. In a COVID 2020, that’s probably working out at home and getting ready for the draft. I just think it’s obvious that’s what he’s preparing to do. Others on this board obviously disagree with that and don’t like to read it on this Gonzaga basketball message board.

    If I was a guy like Kispert, who has poured 3+ years into the program, I don’t think I’d be that excited with a guy rolling in around the start of school and expecting to play PG.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Everyone can stay and read the whelping box that is fine. I am no longer going to be giving free information out on this forum. I will be starting my own pay for information website in the next month or so, more details will come from those who follow me on Twitter. But it was said perfectly earlier in this thread that I don't get paid to deal with the same question over and over and over and over again. Right now I am looking at $4.99 a month for subscription and maybe cut a break for those who sign up annually. The information I get is as good as the staff gets, but some choose not to believe and are always on the pessimistic side. So it's a simple solution, if you want to disagree with my information and argue it or question it, Show Me The Money!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Everyone can stay and read the whelping box that is fine. I am no longer going to be giving free information out on this forum. I will be starting my own pay for information website in the next month or so, more details will come from those who follow me on Twitter. But it was said perfectly earlier in this thread that I don't get paid to deal with the same question over and over and over and over again. Right now I am looking at $4.99 a month for subscription and maybe cut a break for those who sign up annually. The information I get is as good as the staff gets, but some choose not to believe and are always on the pessimistic side. So it's a simple solution, if you want to disagree with my information and argue it or question it, Show Me The Money!
    Do we get a refund when you're wrong?

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Do we get a refund when you're wrong?
    Are you paying double every time I am right?

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Are you paying double every time I am right?
    Guided fishing trips aren't free!

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Guided fishing trips aren't free!
    Well you would be doing a lot of guiding for free if we did that deal.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Everyone can stay and read the whelping box that is fine. I am no longer going to be giving free information out on this forum. I will be starting my own pay for information website in the next month or so, more details will come from those who follow me on Twitter. But it was said perfectly earlier in this thread that I don't get paid to deal with the same question over and over and over and over again. Right now I am looking at $4.99 a month for subscription and maybe cut a break for those who sign up annually. The information I get is as good as the staff gets, but some choose not to believe and are always on the pessimistic side. So it's a simple solution, if you want to disagree with my information and argue it or question it, Show Me The Money!
    Thank you for your contributions. I, for one, will be very sorry to see you go. I wish you the best.
    It's not funny.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Thank you for your contributions. I, for one, will be very sorry to see you go. I wish you the best.
    Thank you!

  15. #115

    Default

    caldwellzag. After being a guest viewer for the last 10 years here but not a member, your contributions, insight, and information were the primary reasons why I actually joined a few months ago.

    Truly appreciate you contributed here, and your support of Gonzaga basketball generally. Hate to see you go, but I certainly understand why you would make that decision.

    Best.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Some just can't refrain and need to keep pecking. Caldwell your information was like Gold and much appreciated! I will look into your website in the near future.
    America's Team!

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    My posts have nothing to do with Caldwell. Not directed at him whatsoever. He’s a great dude and has answered a ton of my private messages before. Not sure why it’s that hard for anyone to just say “I disagree”. This is all my opinion on a message board. If Jalen Suggs was a 3 star recruit who was showing up when school started, everyone would be killing him. He’s obviously a crazy talent, and maybe he takes us to the promised-land, but this entire process has seemed disingenuous at best. Of course I could have been an alarmist based solely on looking from afar, but now he’s not even showing up on time.

    Cade Cunningham, the #1 recruit in the nation with no shot to play in the NCAA tournament, is on campus in Stillwater working out.
    Maybe this is the problem. Dude comes on here and gives us info, and then thats not enough for people so they have to send him TONS of PMs.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    405

    Default

    I look forward to joining the new website!

    For those of you who are thinking about questioning why Caldwell would charge to join his website, consider that the answer may be so that you don’t join.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Do we get a refund when you're wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Guided fishing trips aren't free!
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Maybe this is the problem. Dude comes on here and gives us info, and then thats not enough for people so they have to send him TONS of PMs.
    Maybe it's people disregard his information, don't value it and even question it, over and over...and then double down when he is leaving.
    It's not funny.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    whelp, the pool is now closed. many thanks to those whose lack of situational- and self-awareness cost us all a great (and frankly irreplaceable) source of insight and insider information-- and i don't mean bogo here.

    best to you, caldwell. thanks for all you've shared and done. i'll keep an eye out for your new site.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Carnation, WA
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I'll be happy to subscribe. To be honest, paying $5/mo and not having to wade through the extraneous crap is going to be far better than what we have now for free. Count me in...

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Everyone can stay and read the whelping box that is fine. I am no longer going to be giving free information out on this forum. I will be starting my own pay for information website in the next month or so, more details will come from those who follow me on Twitter. But it was said perfectly earlier in this thread that I don't get paid to deal with the same question over and over and over and over again. Right now I am looking at $4.99 a month for subscription and maybe cut a break for those who sign up annually. The information I get is as good as the staff gets, but some choose not to believe and are always on the pessimistic side. So it's a simple solution, if you want to disagree with my information and argue it or question it, Show Me The Money!
    Caldwell - Thank you for all of the great information you have us given us time and time again. I have not been on this board very long but you have been right on every instance. I will sign up for your pay site for 10 years and pay multiples of what you are charging. I am sorry that you won't post here any longer - this board will suffer as a result. I will do anything to keep you as a source and everyone who loves GU basketball should as well.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    let me guess... you were voted "most likely to pee in a public pool" in HS?
    Let me guess..... you lived in the PC dorms at GU? If you attended at all.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Let me guess..... you lived in the PC dorms at GU? If you attended at all.
    sophomore year, yep. that was the year dillon and goller (spelling?) opened up, and the upgrade from campion (frosh yr) was immense. sometimes having nice things requires self-control. im ok with that.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    Caldwell, Bo, and all of the rest of us need to remember that all we are doing is offering our best information that may be right or wrong. Also that our opinions on players (new, current or past) should not be attacking. All of these players are 18 to 22 year olds that have many more years to learn. I am 74 and am still learning (and forgetting) many things each day. They are all not going to improve as much as the coaches plan (or we would like to see), but they are still GU players that deserve our appreciation for busting their tails to do as well as they can. We are all GU fans and we should keep trying to enjoy the journey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •