Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jalen Suggs

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...he-tricky-trio
    This sounds as if they are together.

But perhaps the most exciting element of the team for some fans is the addition of the Tricky Trio. Jalen Suggs, Dominick Harris, and Julian Strawther make up Gonzaga’s best recruiting class of all-time. I’ve spent a lot of time over the last few days watching the Trio play to see what their real strengths and weaknesses are, and how they will fit on this year’s roster. As our fearless leader Peter Woodburn told me on Monday, it’s pretty wild that Gonzaga recruits now have full games, some of them nationally televised, to watch on YouTube as opposed to scouring the internet for mixtapes.
    Nothing about that article leads me to believe that Suggs is in Spokane.

Sounds to me like Caldwell needs a vacation. Fly fishing on the MO for a few days without internet service?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Nothing about that article leads me to believe that Suggs is in Spokane.
    Maybe the article doesn't "float your boat" and that is fine but this author who follows GU basketball more closely than we do does not seem worried or concerned. None of the people who know more than we do seem worried or concerned.

Maybe several posters on this thread need to go fly fishing where there is no internet.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Maybe the article doesn't "float your boat" and that is fine but this author who follows GU basketball more closely than we do does not seem worried or concerned. None of the people who know more than we do seem worried or concerned.
    I never said that I was concerned.

Has anyone trademarked " Suggs Derangement Syndrome" ?

Bueller ?

I volunteer to take Caldwell fly fishing on the Mo this month. If anyone would like to contribute to his guided trip, PM and I'll send you my Paypal info. Or should I just start a gofundme page?

I never said that I was concerned.
    I never said you were concerned either. You posted the note but there are some people who do seem concerned. My post was directed to them not you but you felt the need to comment. So you can ignore the article if you are good.

I'm still looking for odds on him not showing. You guys who keep killing me put your money where your mouth is. If everyone is so confident, the odds have to be at least +700. It's free money for you guys!

I vote to lock this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    I'm still looking for odds on him not showing. You guys who keep killing me put your money where your mouth is. If everyone is so confident, the odds have to be at least +700. It's free money for you guys!
    it's not about being right/wrong, or which of us know-nothings randomly guesses the right answer.

it's about the process... about what is knowable, to whom, and what we can infer from it-- and then how we treat those who know more.

i'm not betting against the broken clock (especially as it's a yes/no proposition and the world is MAD right now), but i want -- and will follow -- the best information possible and you're not only not contributing to that, but are actively undermining both it and our chances of future access. and i really wish you wouldn't (he says, as he lowers his lance for another go at the windmill).

Sounds to me like Caldwell needs a vacation. Fly fishing on the MO for a few days without internet service?
    How do we know he actually goes fishing??? He talks a good "fish story" but we have not seen one picture of a fish he allegedly caught!!!

I'm not sure what he does in his "down time" but have a hard time believing it is spent fishing!

I think he does a pretty credible job of forecasting recruits but he sure has a hard time of getting his dates and times right...might be because he has all that down time and nothing constructive planned...

Caldwell, we love ya and all that you do BUT please don't try to con us about your fishing exploits...we need to see pictures or your tales are like my fish stories...you wouldn't believe the one that just jumped off my hook at Folsom Lake...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    How do we know he actually goes fishing??? He talks a good "fish story" but we have not seen one picture of a fish he allegedly caught!!!

I'm not sure what he does in his "down time" but have a hard time believing it is spent fishing!

I think he does a pretty credible job of forecasting recruits but he sure has a hard time of getting his dates and times right...might be because he has all that down time and nothing constructive planned...

Caldwell, we love ya and all that you do BUT please don't try to con us about your fishing exploits...we need to see pictures or your tales are like my fish stories...you wouldn't believe the one that just jumped off my hook at Folsom Lake...
    I'm going to get some 1st hand knowledge in a few weeks. I'll make sure that he doesn't come back here spreading more lies.

I'm going to get some 1st hand knowledge in a few weeks. I'll make sure that he doesn't come back here spreading more lies.
    That's the best thing I've heard all day...keep the guy honest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

Thank you very much for this post. I posted pictures on here once and some have seen them. What I love is you are calling me out on fishing yet have given you nothing to believe that I would lie to any of you. So again thank you very much for the slap in the face. I am out!! I do this for free, I don't have the time or the energy to deal with BS like this. And yes I am going fishing on the MO in a few weeks, with one of the good guys on this forum. I love my Zags and love being able to provide information when needed, but seriously dude F-off!!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Thank you very much for this post. I posted pictures on here once and some have seen them. What I love is you are calling me out on fishing yet have given you nothing to believe that I would lie to any of you. So again thank you very much for the slap in the face. I am out!! I do this for free, I don't have the time or the energy to deal with BS like this. And yes I am going fishing on the MO in a few weeks, with one of the good guys on this forum. I love my Zags and love being able to provide information when needed, but seriously dude F-off!!
    I'm thinking he was poking fun and not calling you out Caldy... but after some of the crap you take here I understand your reply... good luck on the water when you go... be safe, I have lost half a dozen people I know to drowning, all but one could have been prevented had they given water the proper respect... be safe...

Go !! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Hearing arrival timeframe is now prior to school starting in the fall-- on a positive note --he is still coming -- just a little bit later that we had all hoped. Keep in mind ---Enjoying the your post senior year summer with friends and family is not a crime.

We support you man! He was joking and directing the sarcasm at other posters, not you!

Caldwell

That was my attempt at humor sorry it didn’t put a smile on you face as I surly thought it would.

As I said, you do much for us here...THANK YOU

Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY Celebration this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Hearing arrival timeframe is now prior to school starting in the fall-- on a positive note --he is still coming -- just a little bit later that we had all hoped. Keep in mind ---Enjoying the your post senior year summer with friends and family is not a crime.
    LOL. So Suggs just gets to come later just because he might go to the NBA next year? I’m sure the guys grinding it out in the smaller workouts everyday really appreciate this.

We made our bed with a one-and-done guy, now we have to sleep in it. The pandemic is probably due to most of this, but it’s still ridiculous. Can’t believe Few would sign off on a guy rolling in when school starts and then give him the keys to the car.

There’s no way this dude ever makes it campus.

LOL. So Suggs just gets to come later just because he might go to the NBA next year? I’m sure the guys grinding it out in the smaller workouts everyday really appreciate this.

We made our bed with a one-and-done guy, now we have to sleep in it. The pandemic is probably due to most of this, but it’s still ridiculous. Can’t believe Few would sign off on a guy rolling in when school starts and then give him the keys to the car.

Let’s make a bet, if he makes it to campus you never post in the recruiting forum again. If he doesn’t, I won’t.

You add nothing to this forum other than contributing to driving away one of our most valuable resources for information. We as a fan base are lucky to have Caldwell willing to share what he knows for free, for nothing in exchange other than grief from people like you.

Lighten up. Just a forum

let me guess... you were voted "most likely to pee in a public pool" in HS?

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    Lighten up. Just a forum
    Go away if you have nothing to add.
    It's not funny.