Thread: The best college basketball uniforms of all time

Default The best college basketball uniforms of all time

Fun little piece at The Athletic on the best college uniforms of all time.

https://theathletic.com/1769432/2020...s-of-all-time/

The Zags get some love, should we be bringing these back as an alternate jersey to wear on a special occasion?

25. Gonzaga (Adam Morrison-era reds)

Gonzaga almost always has quality uniforms; the program has come a long way from its late-1990s March origins, and it now regularly sports updated Nike designs befitting its programmatic prominence. (If you want to see exactly how far the Zags have come, look what they were wearing in 1999.) These red alternates stand out from the crowd. The lettering and number design is cool in and of itself, and unlike just about anything else in college sports then or now; the stripes on the sides and shorts aligned perfectly with Adam Morrison’s whole aesthetic, which was a big part of the charm.

the REDS made the list ?!?!!?

The red jerseys are anathema.

Guess I'm in the minority but I always liked the red jerseys, they were gorgeous
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Wink

My vote for WORST uni is the one worn the fellow Ammo is dribbling around -- check out the photo in the original port. That guy's uniform is so sticky, Ammo's hand must have gotten stuck on it.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Ugh... hated the reds.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I liked the reds. Don’t love the black uniforms.

Would love to see the 1999 royal blues as an alternate.

I was not much of a fan of the cursed red jerseys either.

I appreciate the significance of these special teal jerseys paying homage in observance of Native American heritage month, but sure wish they would be worn more often:

Does anyone know if teal replicas can be purchased? This fan would love to get his hands on a set.

Cursed is a good word. It seems that there were some big losses in those red jerseys.

I would love a throwback jersey

I have a pretty cool dark blue and olive Seahawks salute to military service hat that I love and think it would be cool if the Sags did something similar.

The royal blue from 1999 were the best. You'd think they would have been brought back in the past 21 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    My vote for WORST uni is the one worn the fellow Ammo is dribbling around -- check out the photo in the original port. That guy's uniform is so sticky, Ammo's hand must have gotten stuck on it.
    I think the guy's face is sticky, too.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I liked the women's red unis a lot better. The women also had a really sharp grey uniform as well.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I liked the women's red unis a lot better. The women also had a really sharp grey uniform as well.

Agreed. Those grey alternates looked great. That was probably my favorite “alternate” uniform that any Zag team has worn.

MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Agreed. Those grey alternates looked great. That was probably my favorite “alternate” uniform that any Zag team has worn.

The ladies have some great jerseys. I would like to see some more variation in the men's

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    the REDS made the list ?!?!!?
    My least favorite Gonzaga uniforms of the past thirty years...
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

- do not like the red uniforms
    - adam morrison in the red uniform makes me cringe
    - but then i see lee anne wirth in the red uniform and i say....not bad (i'm bad)

Reds = cursed
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I’m unable to read the whole article so I don’t know if it pertains solely to GU. When I saw the title I immediately recalled the Marquette player Bo Ellis’s famous designer untucked uniforms Circa late 1970s. They were revolutionary and really pretty cool. Even Coach Al McGuire liked them if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    I’m unable to read the whole article so I don’t know if it pertains solely to GU. When I saw the title I immediately recalled the Marquette player Bo Ellis’s famous designer untucked uniforms Circa late 1970s. They were revolutionary and really pretty cool. Even Coach Al McGuire liked them if I recall correctly.
    I thought exactly the same!

The Zags have never had a uniform as cool as that Marquette uniform.
    Parlez-vous français?

I did like this one

- Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Reds = cursed
    THIS!

Does anyone know where I can buy a royal blue 99 jersey? Looking for a jersey for my office. Its that or a #1 jersey for Suggs. Good source for an authentic jersey?

I hate to say it, but finding one is near an impossible task. I spend part of everyday looking at various sources for game jerseys and they are exceedingly hard to find on the open market. I picked up one of the royals years ago and it is one of my most prized items. It’s the only one I have ever seen for sale. Hours and hours of searching has led me to only a handful of jerseys over the years. It is an enjoyable hunt though.