Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: COVID Beverage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Wow TZF, that's some serious geography (& geology). Did the worker's in these vineyards have to be able to yodel?
    Yodeling is more of a Bavarian thing, about 4 hours SE of the Mosel. They even say "Good morning" differently in Bavaria: Gruss Gott! (Greetings from God). In my neck of the woods, we simply said Guten Morgen.

Along the Mosel, over 2/3 of the grapes are produced from vineyards that are at 60 degrees or more. Can't use machinery in those conditions, it's all done by hand...I love those people.

Straying further from our topic, my town of Traben-Trarbach was the final victory in the Battle of Blenheim (1704), for the Duke of Marlborough, John Churchill. I only learned of that a few years ago, reading a book on Great Generals. There were no monuments commemorating this event, unfortunately. No surprise, the area was fought over by the French and Germans for about 1000 years.

My county is now in phase 2 so this is my first beer in a brewery since the stay at home order.

Bring back the OCC

I went to Seattle yesterday and attempted to go to Urban Family in Ballard, but there was a long wait to get a table. I'm ok with that. Social distancing is good. There was a brewery down the street called Obec that I had never heard of and they had an open table. The beer there was good not great, but it was nice sitting at a safe distance from friends and enjoying beer like a normal human being again.

I picked up the beer below last Sunday at Holy Mountain. I remember this one being good last year so I was pretty excited when I saw it released. It is as good as I remember.

Bring back the OCC

we've moved into Margaritaville for the near future here at home

usually like them over ice, but another excellent use for the Vitamix, frozen margs

A bit O/T, but has anybody tried the Keurig Drinkworks? I told my kids not to buy me one for Father's Day, I'd probably never use it.

https://www.keurig.com/Drinkmaker/Dr...rks-Drinkmaker

I'll have a beer now and then, but usually drink wine. I drink less than 3 cocktails a year.

I drove to California and picked this up.

Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I drove to California and picked this up.

They had it on draft by my new apartment in SF a few weeks back! And because everything was shut down, they were pouring it for days!

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    They had it on draft by my new apartment in SF a few weeks back! And because everything was shut down, they were pouring it for days!
    That's awesome! I am jealous.
    Bring back the OCC

I have been looking for a 3 way for a few weeks now and finally found one yesterday. I was so excited.

I also picked up a triple IPA from Holy Mountain that was fantastic too.

Bring back the OCC

Stoup PMA IPA

Structures Brewing City of Solace

Bring back the OCC

Head full earlier and a coconut IPA after dinner. Both delicious.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk