Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: COVID Beverage Thread

I picked up some Reuben's Hyperdrive New England IPA yesterday. It's good, but the other beer I have gotten lately has been better. I went for a hike yesterday and had a Fremont Lush IPA with lunch. Lush is always good.
    Bring back the OCC

Fremont Moonage Daydream double IPA - This beer is hitting the spot.

Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Fremont Moonage Daydream double IPA - This beer is hitting the spot.

Do you deliver to the east side?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was talking to a local liquor store owner, and I asked him how his business was going. So many business people I know are suffering like hell. My friend who owns a Chinese restaurant, even with the ability to offer carry out, is down 50% in profits. He's getting hurt by the lack of the lunch crowd. A whole bunch of businesses and stores are by his restaurant, and his $9 rice plates (egg flower soup, rice and entre) tend to fill his place up between 12-1:30pm. My hairdresser cannot cut hair due to the social distancing business. However, the liquor store owner said that he's doing fine because the one thing you can count on during hard times is that people drink booze, and that social distancing has shut down all the bars and clubs. He's making more money than ever! He wasn't joking.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Do you deliver to the east side?

I might be heading that direction in a month or two.
    Bring back the OCC

I really like Freemont beers. We get most over here but miss out on some really good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I was talking to a local liquor store owner, and I asked him how his business was going. So many business people I know are suffering like hell. My friend who owns a Chinese restaurant, even with the ability to offer carry out, is down 50% in profits. He's getting hurt by the lack of the lunch crowd. A whole bunch of businesses and stores are by his restaurant, and his $9 rice plates (egg flower soup, rice and entre) tend to fill his place up between 12-1:30pm. My hairdresser cannot cut hair due to the social distancing business. However, the liquor store owner said that he's doing fine because the one thing you can count on during hard times is that people drink booze, and that social distancing has shut down all the bars and clubs. He's making more money than ever! He wasn't joking.
    same story here at local bottle shop, doing very well

cheers everyone

Jack and ice over here still

someone one starred this thread? lmao...cheers to you sour face

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    same story here at local bottle shop, doing very well

cheers everyone

Jack and ice over here still

someone one starred this thread? lmao...cheers to you sour face
    Think it was the semi-political ones.

Had some of our beer we brewed on March 14... Our Bock... currently named Bock up... 6 feet.

Not carbonated yet.... but man... tasty... and in terms of style... as Mona Lisa Vito says in My Cousin Vinny... "Dead on b@!!s accurate"

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Think it was the semi-political ones.

Had some of our beer we brewed on March 14... Our Bock... currently named Bock up... 6 feet.

Not carbonated yet.... but man... tasty... and in terms of style... as Mona Lisa Vito says in My Cousin Vinny... "Dead on b@!!s accurate"

Outstanding.

I really like Freemont beers. We get most over here but miss out on some really good ones.

Same here. Those guys make outstanding beers.

Freemont is awesome. Definitely a go to when I am out west... which isn't nearly enough. Anyone I know that goes to Seattle... I recommend Freemont right out of the gate. Bonus is Hale's is just down the road.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Another great brewery in central Washington is Bale Breaker. Always producing high quality beer. Located in Yakima.

Another great brewery in central Washington is Bale Breaker. Always producing high quality beer. Located in Yakima.

Ooh yeah. That is very good. Wife and I had some on our trip back to Slokane last summer. I haven't seen it in my neck of the woods though.

I went to the dark side tonight. A 2015 Sierra Nevada bigfoot ale and a founders kbs 2017. Both excellant I must say. It's a nice change from the IPA's if been enjoying.

I went to the dark side tonight. A 2015 Sierra Nevada bigfoot ale and a founders kbs 2017. Both excellant I must say. It's a nice change from the IPA's if been enjoying.

Nice, dude. I like IPAs and pale ales, but it can get kinda monotonous. Do you like sours at all?

Bale Breaker makes great beer. When I have to buy beer at the grocery store, Top Cutter is one of my go to grocery beers (Bodhizafa and Lush are the others).

I went to the fresh hop festival in Yakima last year. I don't really like beer festivals much anymore. They are crowded and most of the beers brewers bring are beers for the masses (nothing interesting). The fresh hop festival was crowded but there were a ton of awesome beers from great breweries around the state. I booked a hotel for next year's festival a few months ago so I really hope it is not canceled due to Covid19 this year.

Yesterday, I had a few awesome IPAs, but I picked up a Reubens Southsun Mexican Lager the other day. It was really good. It was a little hoppy and really smooth

Bring back the OCC

Bale Breaker makes great beer. When I have to buy beer at the grocery store, Top Cutter is one of my go to grocery beers (Bodhizafa and Lush are the others).

I went to the fresh hop festival in Yakima last year. I don't really like beer festivals much anymore. They are crowded and most of the beers brewers bring are beers for the masses (nothing interesting). The fresh hop festival was crowded but there were a ton of awesome beers from great breweries around the state. I booked a hotel for next year's festival a few months ago so I really hope it is not canceled due to Covid19 this year.

Yesterday, I had a few awesome IPAs, but I picked up a Reubens Southsun Mexican Lager the other day. It was really good. It was a little hoppy and really smooth

It's not funny.

2014 Tanglefoot strong english ale Macall brewing company. All I can say is wow! Smooth with vanilla and molasses notes. This one aged well. Smoking beef ribs for dinner. A nice match for a big beer.

For Mother's Day I pulled a beer out that I had been saving since last year. My wife loves the Fremont BBomb coconut and we are sharing a bottle of it tonight.

Bring back the OCC

For Mother's Day I pulled a beer out that I had been saving since last year. My wife loves the Fremont BBomb coconut and we are sharing a bottle of it tonight.

That's awsome. I'm lucky to have a neighbor who loves good craft beer. He had a few duplicates taking up space so I traded my smoked cheeses for a few really good burbon aged beers. Can't wait for the season to start to break a few out. Burbon county 2013,14,15,and 16 is a good start.

That's awsome. I'm lucky to have a neighbor who loves good craft beer. He had a few duplicates taking up space so I traded my smoked cheeses for a few really good burbon aged beers. Can't wait for the season to start to break a few out. Burbon county 2013,14,15,and 16 is a good start.

I had a series of four years of bourbon county that my wife and a few friends did a vertical tasting with last year. I love that beer. I have a couple from last year that I am saving and hope to do the same in a few years.
    Bring back the OCC

Messing around in my basement today and found this beauty! I will save it for a wonderful time.

It's not funny.

Holy Mountain Astral Projection double IPA - this beer is awesome. I have had it in the past and it is as good as I remember. I also picked up a new glass from Holy Mountain.

Bring back the OCC

Sprung for a 6 of some better beer. I like Porters, and this one is good.

`
    It's not funny.

Watching the 2015 Pepperdine zags replay enjoying a top cutter from Bale Breaker. Always a great beer.

The game is great. Its amazing to watch these replays. Seeing all the quality players from the past is nice.