Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: COVID Beverage Thread

Started with a Jeremiah johnson imperial ipa.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm a lush tonight. Since the games on broke out my hoops glass and a west side Space Danger from Freemont.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I'm a lush tonight. Since the games on broke out my hoops glass and a west side Space Danger from Freemont.

Looks like you're having a good night! Enjoy!
    Bring back the OCC

I've been doing just a cognac and grand mariner cocktail called a beautiful cocktail as a nightcap on occasion. Trying not to drink as much during the week mainly because it makes me fat.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I've been doing just a cognac and grand mariner cocktail called a beautiful cocktail as a nightcap on occasion. Trying not to drink as much during the week mainly because it makes me fat.
    What's the ratio in the cocktail?

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    What's the ratio in the cocktail?
    I use about 1/3 grand mariner and 2/3 cognac. I don't like it really sweet.

I am currently digging

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Honebrewed traditional Bock.Since we brewed it at the beginning of this thing... we’re calling it “Bock up... 6 feet”

for the record... might be one of the best beers I have made
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Honebrewed traditional Bock.Since we brewed it at the beginning of this thing... we’re calling it “Bock up... 6 feet”

for the record... might be one of the best beers I have made
    That's awsome and I love the name!!

I'd been doing Amazon Fresh delivery and occasional trips to the store, but our closest grocery store doesn't carry my favorite beer. Finally got a 12-pack of this and in perfect time for summer. Anybody from/visiting Wisconsin I highly recommend Third Space Brewing.

Default RIVERMILE 38 BREWERY - Cathlamet, WA

If you are ever near Cathlamet, WA in Southwest Washington, make sure and stop by RIVERMILE 38 BREWERY.

They make some amazing beers! They should be back open next week.

https://www.rivermile38.com/beers

Hellbent Hazy at Home IPA - this beer is good, but not great.

Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by TimboZag View Post
    If you are ever near Cathlamet, WA in Southwest Washington, make sure and stop by RIVERMILE 38 BREWERY.

They make some amazing beers! They should be back open next week.

https://www.rivermile38.com/beers

I thought I had been everywhere in the state, but I have not been to Cathlamet. I am going to have to check out that brewery!
    Bring back the OCC

Shared a couple beers with a friend. Finished up with a 2015 Firestone Stickee Monkee . A bourbon barrel aged central coast quad. This beer was amazing. Sitting 5 years really developed it nicely.

Fremont Destroyah Coconut IPA - I know coconut IPA sounds weird and I was a little nervous about it since you can't try it before you buy it, but for $6 for a crowler I thought I would take that risk. With the caveat that I like coconut, I loved this beer. I hope Fremont makes this again.

Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Fremont Destroyah Coconut IPA - I know coconut IPA sounds weird and I was a little nervous about it since you can't try it before you buy it, but for $6 for a crowler I thought I would take that risk. With the caveat that I like coconut, I loved this beer. I hope Fremont makes this again.

That sounds very weird. I've had porters with coconut, but not an IPA. I'll try it if I ever see it.

I made this for my bride over the weekend

2 vodka
    2 fresh squeezed red grapefruit juice
    2/3 orange brandy liqueur
    dash of lime juice
    pinch of salt

shook it in ice and strained it into a chilled rocks glass with just one giant ice cube. Basically a greyhound, but a little better imo (I had a sip).

Boozy 11% Sweet and Malty, but perhaps a bit too much alcohol? Curious as to how this would taste after aging.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post

Boozy 11% Sweet and Malty, but perhaps a bit too much alcohol? Curious as to how this would taste after aging.
    I'm sure it would age well. Aging seems to round the high and low tones. What makes it fun is to try the same year of a specific beer as it ages. Some will fall off while others really improve. The higher alcohol beers seem to age better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I'm sure it would age well. Aging seems to round the high and low tones. What makes it fun is to try the same year of a specific beer as it ages. Some will fall off while others really improve. The higher alcohol beers seem to age better for me.

cellared properly they age extremely well. If you have a spot in your house that holds steady at around 60-65F... although you could venture up to lows 70s... with little daylight. Then drop a bottle or 6 there. Mark them... they’ll likely improve steadily over the next few years. Stouts, especially imperials like this, can be cellared and will continue to evolve for upwards of 5-7 years. After about 7 they’ll slowly start to degrade.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Claremont Craft Ales NE Hazy 45. If you can find it outside of Southern California, give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went for a hike yesterday and wasn't too far from Skookum. Skookum is one of my favorite breweries and I usually order their beer when I see it on tap. I popped in there and grabbed 3 crowlers that I don't know the name of because the guy was busy and wrote 1 or 2 letters on the can. One was a double IPA and the other two were hazy IPAs. I also got a 4 pack of Enjoyable Distraction which was a hazy IPA. I drank one of the crowlers last night and a can of Enjoyable Distraction and so far so good.
    Bring back the OCC

I figured since I can't go to church then I would get a little Jesus from Holy Mountain yesterday. Another great beer from a great brewery.

Bring back the OCC

I went skiing today at Crystal Mountain and had a Fremont Golden Pilsner during my lunch.

Bring back the OCC

While studying the wine list for my favorite winemaker in Germany (Weingut Eduard Kroth), I learned that 2019 could be the best year of this century. Accordingly, I sent an email requesting the expected date for release of his 2019 wines (shouldn't be long). As my Riesling supplies were very low, I took advantage of a gift card to purchase a few bottles of Spatlese to hold me over.

For Riesling lovers out there, here's a tip: try a bottle of Piesporter Michelsberg, which costs about $3-5 less per bottle of Piesporter Goldtropfchen. Michelsberg IMO gets a bad rap, it's grown in the valley, not the slope of the hill. My palate is not as discerning as a sommelier's, who can distinguish between a Piesporter Michelsberg and an Urziger Wurzgarten.

Urzig is one of my favorite towns in the entire world:

This road was part of my daily commute my last two years in Germany. Coming over that ridge after work simply lifted whatever stress I was feeling.

Wow TZF, that's some serious geography (& geology). Did the worker's in these vineyards have to be able to yodel?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.