Timme

Great article from The Slipper Still Fits:

• Bogozags
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Great article from The Slipper Still Fits:

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...-comes-through
    Thanks for posting...it was a great article!

Comment

• OZZY
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
      Thanks for posting...it was a great article!
      +1

Comment

• bigblahla
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

We ain't seen nothing yet.... just a glimpse... the best is yet to come...

Go!! Zags!!!
        "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Timme's game reminds me of Kevin McHale

Comment

• Kiddwell
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Fun Player to Watch

Noticed Timme always talking to opponents when lining up outside the key during free throws. Regularly brought a chuckle, the opposing kid looking a bit bewildered. Would be fun to show Timme some video, ask him what he was saying to such-n-such.

:]
            Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• PFzag
              Bulldog Fan
              • Feb 2007

He'll be great next year. About halfway through the season things started slowing down for him and he really started to find his groove within this offense. It's a shame he has to be away from the GU strength and conditioning team and weight room for potentially so long. Gaining strength will unlock more parts of his game, and the off-season is when it seems like the biggest gains can be made in transforming a player's body.

Comment

• SLOZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

"Timme is the next great Gonzaga big man and will be one of the best interior players in the country next season. His ability to run the floor is very good as he’s dangerous in transition as the rim runner. Also, he’s extremely active in the half-court on the blocks and in the high post area. Furthermore, he has really good hands around the basket to be a dominant low post scorer. His duck-in ability and jump hook capabilities around the basket are great and make him an effective scorer. The area where Timme could improve is his shooting to be able to extend the defense even more. Timme is a very complete offensive post player with great mobility and feel that makes him an extremely tough matchup. As for the defensive end, he does a solid job of containing the basket and can guard on the perimeter if need be. Also, he does an effective job on the defensive glass but could improve his strength to deal with stronger big men. Timme will be one of the best interior players in the country for Gonzaga and in a position to win a national championship.

2019-20 Averages 9.8 points 5.4 rebounds 1.3 assists 62.1 FG%"

SLOZag
                "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• allnet59
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Dec 2009

Drew Timme is the perfect Zag. Skilled big man with moves like Kevin McHale. Absolutely love his swagger and how he brings the fun side to the team. Cannot wait until the season starts over to see him play again..

Comment

• zagbeliever
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Jan 2013

I love Timme. What a personality that kid has! And we have only begun to see his hooping ability!

Comment

• Zag1203
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
                      Noticed Timme always talking to opponents when lining up outside the key during free throws. Regularly brought a chuckle, the opposing kid looking a bit bewildered. Would be fun to show Timme some video, ask him what he was saying to such-n-such.

:]
                      I like to imagine that instead of trash talking he is just killing them with kindness so much to the point that he is in their head.

"Hey nice try buddy. Next time I'm gonna go left and spin inside. So try and cut off middle."

*Goes left, spins, and scores*

"Come on bro, I'm trying to help you out"

Comment

• willandi
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Zag1203 View Post
                        I like to imagine that instead of trash talking he is just killing them with kindness so much to the point that he is in their head.

"Hey nice try buddy. Next time I'm gonna go left and spin inside. So try and cut off middle."

Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• bigblahla
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Classic... could be verbatim... great post!

Go!! Zags!!!
                          "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• White lightning
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2017

Sounds like he's channeling his internal "Larry Bird" . One of the best at talking and coming through when it mattered.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2008

love it, the best trash talk is the truth, the cold harsh reality of you can't guard me or you can't get by me, whatever. very effective, Reggie Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X