• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tummydoc
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
    What makes him the ultimate zag? He reminded me alot like austin daye when he played but both were looked at differently.
    Reminded you of Daye?? Let's see, 6'9 2 year player, NBA career, from California. Compared to 6'6 kid from nearby farm town, 4 year player, stayed local after college. Pretty clear why one is endeared by the local community and the other largely forgotten.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
      Reminded you of Daye?? Let's see, 6'9 2 year player, NBA career, from California. Compared to 6'6 kid from nearby farm town, 4 year player, stayed local after college. Pretty clear why one is endeared by the local community and the other largely forgotten.

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• basketballzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FriarZag View Post
        Just thought of one more 25 from the past decade - Mathis Keita

I recall he was one of the more polarizing players in the Few era. There were many strong opinions expressed on this board regarding his limited playing time during his career as a Zag
        If I recall correctly Mathis Keita was Jazz's favorite player and he was crushed when he transferred.

Comment

• scrooner
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

The only jersey I own is #25, bought when Pendo was playing. To me it's the number that best stands for 'team'.

Comment

• rennis
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Mike Nilson for me - for any of you who never got to see him play, he was an ultimate glue guy. Huge heart, insane hustle. One of my roommates was a really good ball player in HS and tried to walk-on at G.U. Said Mike was the best defender he'd ever seen in his position by a mile. Mike's senior night floor exit is one of my favorite memories from college.

He's also a die-hard Pearl Jam fan, which makes him pretty okay in my book
            Originally posted by Coach Few
            We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• rennis
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

Major shouts to A-Train. I still think Anthony is one of the most important JuCo transfers we've had.
              Originally posted by Coach Few
              We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Digging through the past, Tony Skinner: https://www.swxrightnow.com/stories/...vidual-perfor/
                Tony Skinner vs. Arizona, 2003: GU lost a 96-95 double-overtime battle, but Skinner still made five 3-pointers and scored a career-high 25 points.

Zag's Tony Skinner puts a shot past Arizona's Channing Frye in the second half. (Brian Plonka / The Spokesman-Review)

Comment

Working...
                X