X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

Best Zags by the Numbers - 21

This will be interesting. OK folks, who is your best number 21?
    Rui Hachimura
    40.00%
    Dan Dickau
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

Rui v. Dickau?
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• gonzagafan62
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Don Baldwin, Class: 1981 Induction: 1995 Sport(s): Basketball - Don Baldwin was the epitome of dependability in his three seasons as starting point guard for Gonzaga

Donald Baldwin is in the Gonzaga Athletics HOF.

Here’s a picture

Members of the basketball team for the academic year 1980-1981. 1. Michael F. Cooney 2. Joseph A. Hillock 3. Charles Quisenberry 4. Dan Fitzgerald, Head Coach 5. Bruce Wilson 6. Jay Hillock 7. Scott M. Alstad 8. Kenneth S. Anderson 9. Anthony H. Sheen 10. Edward Taylor 11. Timothy G. Wagoner 12. Donald Baldwin 13. Bryce J. McPhee 14. John H. Stockton 15. David S. Clement 16. William W. Dunlap 17. Keith A. Britt 18. Hugh H. Hobus 19. Duane Bergeso 20. Mark McKelvy 21. Blair Anderson 22. Jason Van Nort. This photograph was also published in Spires 1981, p. 68. The 1980-1981 basketball team completed the season with an 19-8 record. The team finished in third place in the West Coast Athletic Conference league contests with a 9-5 record. Over the past three seasons, the team has compiled a 51-29 record. Multiple players were named to the first team and the honorable mention all-league squads: Donald Baldwin, Hugh Hobus, and Edward Taylor. Head Coach Dan Fitzgerald was voted Coach of the Year
      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

Courtney Vandersloot also wore the number 21
        Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• FriarZag
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2012

Does this count?

Comment

• zagbeliever
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Jan 2013

Can I vote for bot? If not I'll vote for Rui.

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Add Eric McClellan.

Comment

• Zags11
                Banned
                • Mar 2008

Dickau

Comment

• FriarZag
                  Bulldog Fan
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                  Add Eric McClellan.
                  I’m saving my vote for Easy Mac when we get to the #23 thread. It’s the number he wore as a senior in 2015-2016

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

Added a poll to this thread as well.
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

I have to go with Dan D, even though Rui will probably have a stronger NBA resume, and was perhaps critical in our reaching the Championship game.
                      Dan helped get keep this F-15 fighter in the air, after the 1999-2000 team got us there. Creighton, Davidson, Butler, Wichita State and others got their Cinderella teams up in the air also, but were unable to keep it flying in those critical years afterwards. I keep thinking of the analogy of over 30 other Mystery Cults in the first Century, but Christianity developed into a sect then denomination and church, while most of the others faded quickly.

Rui is one of those players that has kept us great , and I think we would have been great without him. I think Dan D. was CRUCIAL to getting our program up and keep rolling, being the NBA player that helped in our recruiting at that crucial time, and pivotal in close wins getting us into the Sweet 16 twice after reaching the Elite 8.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                        Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
                        Holy smokes, that's a hell of an assist to turnover ratio.

Also, he looks 42 years old.
                        Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post

Also, really neat pic. Thanks for the link. I didn't even recognize Stockton at first.
                          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• former1dog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                            I have to go with Dan D, even though Rui will probably have a stronger NBA resume, and was perhaps critical in our reaching the Championship game.
                            Dan helped get keep this F-15 fighter in the air, after the 1999-2000 team got us there. Creighton, Davidson, Butler, Wichita State and others got their Cinderella teams up in the air also, but were unable to keep it flying in those critical years afterwards. I keep thinking of the analogy of over 30 other Mystery Cults in the first Century, but Christianity developed into a sect then denomination and church, while most of the others faded quickly.

Rui is one of those players that has kept us great , and I think we would have been great without him. I think Dan D. was CRUCIAL to getting our program up and keep rolling, being the NBA player that helped in our recruiting at that crucial time, and pivotal in close wins getting us into the Sweet 16 twice after reaching the Elite 8.
                            I’m probably misreading your post, so apologies.

Dickau was a mid career transfer and played two seasons for Gonzaga.

His first season, he did indeed lead Gonzaga to the sweet 16, with two quality wins over Virginia and Indiana State.

Unfortunately, Gonzaga was upset in the round of 64 to Wyoming in Dickau’s senior season.

By summary, no elite 8’s, one sweet 16 and one first round loss fo Dickau.

Comment

Working...
                            X