Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63

Thread: Southern Illinois Grad Transfer Aaron Cook commits to GU

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,628

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Oh jazz - you are, predictably, too much.
    Hey, first the plague now incessant rain, WTF. Stay safe, Stu.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - cool to see his twitter photo as a zag, wearing number 10.
    - hope he channels his inner walt fraizer, who played at southern illinois. (number 10 as a knick)
    - walt fraizer has been and forever will be my all time favorite basketball player.
    - the man could do it all, score when needed, and play defense.

    - welcome on board mr. cook, zag for life!
    "He be moving and grooving"

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Hey, first the plague now incessant rain, WTF. Stay safe, Stu.
    Enjoy the rain while we get it - soon it will be back to the boring 9 months straight w/ 70's/80's temps. One good thing - with all this rain I anticipate a bumper crop for my garden: tomatoes, peppers, squash, corn. Hope you and yours are safe too.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    2nd? I’d be shocked if they didn’t win it. BYU SMC, all regressed dramatically to be honest. But I see a bit of modest there too which I greatly respect. Would be interesting!
    5 consecutive 30 win seasons...just thought I'd at that

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,849

    Default

    Welcome Mr. Cook!

    Likes to pass to the bigs...but if you cant/wont stay in front him...hes a RICHMANS PMAC. Ilike his passing and his quickness..He will fit GREAT!

  7. #32

    Default

    I am stoked about this addition.

    I would much rather have an Aaron Cook who is bought in to being a spark plug off the bench, has the maturity to accept his role as a leader, and can provide stellar defense than a guy averaging 20 ppg like a Justin Turner who wants to be the main man.

    We have enough of those next year. Suggs, Ayayi, Kispert, Timme, Watson, Petrusev all can get you 20 points on any given night. We dont need another big time scorer. We needed guard depth and someone who buys in to the team concept.

    Cook is not only a very solid player, he is a great student and from all accounts, a very good teammate.

    This is a great add.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    This sounds like the perfect kind of addition for next year's squad. I agree that the maturity and leadership here sounds like a key addition.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,628

    Default

    Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    32m
    Spoke to grad transfer Aaron Cook, the newest Zag. Said he picked GU over Arkansas, DePaul and Santa Clara. "Biggest thing for me when I committed was I felt like Gonzaga checked all my boxes with what I want to do in basketball and in life."

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Hey, first the plague now incessant rain, WTF. Stay safe, Stu.
    GONSTU and Jazz

    Not trying to hijack this thread BUT rain in San Diego!!! I'm surprised that didn't make the 6 o'clock national news!!! Funny how things are different on the other coast...we haven't had real rain in over two weeks...am glad CA is getting some liquid sunshine...

    Oh, yes, keep your distance from each other...no less than 6'...lol

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    GONSTU and Jazz

    Not trying to hijack this thread BUT rain in San Diego!!! I'm surprised that didn't make the 6 o'clock national news!!! Funny how things are different on the other coast...we haven't had real rain in over two weeks...am glad CA is getting some liquid sunshine...

    Oh, yes, keep your distance from each other...no less than 6'...lol
    "It doesn't rain in California, it pours, man it pours"....and the beaches are closed. How do you close a beach?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    East Wenatchee, Wa
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Oh wow, Jazz. I hadn't thought about Albert Hammond in years. Loved that song when I was in high school - geez, was a junior in 1973. Thanks for the memory.
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larryzag View Post
    Suggs pro insurance?
    Not at all. Cook is the depth and maturity we need. He was pinpointed essentially as soon as he hit the portal.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    This can't be the star Caldy's been hyping, can it?
    Nope it is not. That player is not in the portal yet. Trust me, the staff is still working.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Nope it is not. That player is not in the portal yet. Trust me, the staff is still working.
    Thanks, Blue.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,628

    Default

    Newest Zag Aaron Cook well aware of Gonzaga’s recent success with grad transfer guards

    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...onzagas-recen/

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane South Side
    Posts
    17,184

    Default

    KREM has a really good piece up about Aaron. I especially enjoyed the video portion. Brenna Greene does a super job covering the Zags.

    https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...7-b4625550091c

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim77 View Post
    5 consecutive 30 win seasons...just thought I'd at that
    Jim77,

    Only 4 consecutive 30+ win seasons. . Missed 2016 by a couple. Missed 2014 by 1. Very close though. We do have most wins in country since 2015, however.
    Last edited by gonzagafan62; 04-08-2020 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Forgot 2020
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Jim77,

    Only 3 consecutive 30+ win seasons. . Missed 2016 by a couple. Missed 2014 by 1. Very close though. We do have most wins in country since 2015, however.
    4 consecutive 30 win seasons, 6 in the last 8 years. 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/gonzaga/

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    4 consecutive 30 win seasons, 6 in the last 8 years. 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/gonzaga/
    Shoot, totally didn’t even count this year. Yikes. I guess I’m still in denial that this year is over hahaha
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Ok everyone stay home lol. We need to be able to play next yr.
    Doin’ my best. Been to our dog’s vet twice, getting her treatment going for an knee ligament tear. A couple of trips for groceries. Getting my 5-7 mile walks in nearly every day, weather permitting, keeping 6 feet separation...especially with the copperhead snake I encountered on the trail yesterday.

    Turns out there are two other coworkers sheltering in place, their situations are worse than mine. I’m 65, type II, and type A blood. A friend/coworker texted me they had the first Covid incident at work yesterday. Across the board, UPS management has not been forthcoming, mainly speaking through their hind ends.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Awesome! I have newborn and people took all the diaper wipes at 1 store. Lol
    Back in the day we didn't have disposable diaper wipes. It was toilet paper (also a bit of a commodity these days) and wash cloths. I was one of 7 (2nd oldest), so I learned at an early age how to deal with cloth diapers, diaper pins, and diaper pails (which weren't the most pleasant things to have around).

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Doin’ my best. Been to our dog’s vet twice, getting her treatment going for an knee ligament tear. A couple of trips for groceries. Getting my 5-7 mile walks in nearly every day, weather permitting, keeping 6 feet separation...especially with the copperhead snake I encountered on the trail yesterday.

    Turns out there are two other coworkers sheltering in place, their situations are worse than mine. I’m 65, type II, and type A blood. A friend/coworker texted me they had the first Covid incident at work yesterday. Across the board, UPS management has not been forthcoming, mainly speaking through their hind ends.
    You and I are in similar boats; although, I have not been formally diagnosed Type II (although my glucose levels have typically been on the high side all of my adult life).

    FYI, I just read an article (https://bgr.com/2020/04/09/coronavir...al-distancing/) about research from Europe that found the 6 ft. separation for social distancing is really only good in stagnant, indoor spaces, where people are more or less stationary. Outdoors, walkers and recreational cyclists are at risk of exposure at distances far greater than 6 ft. Here's a short excerpt from the article: "The paper, entitled Social Distancing v2.0: During Walking, Running and Cycling, found walkers should keep at least 4m (13 ft.) clear when following others, runners should stay 10m (33 ft.) from one another other, and fast cyclists should ride as much as 20m (66 ft.) apart, in order to avoid passing through “droplet clouds” from others exercising."

    Us being high-risk, I thought I'd pass that along.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Doin’ my best. Been to our dog’s vet twice, getting her treatment going for an knee ligament tear. A couple of trips for groceries. Getting my 5-7 mile walks in nearly every day, weather permitting, keeping 6 feet separation...especially with the copperhead snake I encountered on the trail yesterday.

    Turns out there are two other coworkers sheltering in place, their situations are worse than mine. I’m 65, type II, and type A blood. A friend/coworker texted me they had the first Covid incident at work yesterday. Across the board, UPS management has not been forthcoming, mainly speaking through their hind ends.
    Im sorry to hear that on UPS. Stay safe!
    Love the zags for life

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZag View Post
    Back in the day we didn't have disposable diaper wipes. It was toilet paper (also a bit of a commodity these days) and wash cloths. I was one of 7 (2nd oldest), so I learned at an early age how to deal with cloth diapers, diaper pins, and diaper pails (which weren't the most pleasant things to have around).
    Yea that doesnt seem fun. Our 1st born was 13 years ago and now we have new one. Call him pandemic baby.
    Love the zags for life

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •