Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Southern Illinois Grad Transfer Aaron Cook commits to GU

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Not at all. Cook is the depth and maturity we need. He was pinpointed essentially as soon as he hit the portal.
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been wondering when we would sign another guard and Cook seems an excellent fit.

Buried somewhere in all the posts I saw Coach Powell had been in on Aaron. Given Aaron's academics & skill level coming out of St. Louis does anyone know if Coach Powell previously recruited him at Valpo or Vandy?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Buried somewhere in all the posts I saw Coach Powell had been in on Aaron. Given Aaron's academics & skill level coming out of St. Louis does anyone know if Coach Powell previously recruited him at Valpo or Vandy?
    I do not think he was recruited by Valpo or Vandy. Powell is pretty good at this recruiting stuff though. From what I understand, he is a great fit with the players and recruits.

Love his passing skills! I'm Jacked about this young man. I wasn't so sure about Woolridge early on, but he really stepped up and I loved his play.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

I miss Mike Hart

To bad with all this talent we have none of them gives the effort that Hart did. I loved watching Hart play. He got more out of the Talent he had, not only for the Zags, but all of college basketball, and I watch a lot of Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I do not think he was recruited by Valpo or Vandy. Powell is pretty good at this recruiting stuff though. From what I understand, he is a great fit with the players and recruits.

Thanks for the reply, Blue.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Blue.
    Of course! I usually try and stay silent with my info to protect my sources but i’m Happy to chime in when I can.
    Stay safe everyone. Keep your distance so we can all watch the Zags in person this winter!

I think this is one of the most important players we could have recruited for the upcoming year. He'll get minutes and lead the new recruits by example. Very defense minded, passes well, and scores well enough. 3 pt shooting could use some work but he'll put in the time. Glad we have him..

Zags Add Southern Illinois Transfer Aaron Cook

https://gozags.com/news/2020/4/16/me...KtjqDCgQxE6-og

So is he a transfer or grad transfer? If he received a medical red shirt for his SR year does that mean he is a SR red shirt transfer? And if so eligible for two seasons.....his SR red shirt and then grad year?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagnetitForce View Post
    So is he a transfer or grad transfer? If he received a medical red shirt for his SR year does that mean he is a SR red shirt transfer? And if so eligible for two seasons.....his SR red shirt and then grad year?
    You only get 4 seasons. He has a medical redshirt for his senior year (4th season at SIU) do to injury, and he graduated. This allows him to transfer immediately to another school and play his 4th season in his 5th year of college.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Zags Add Southern Illinois Transfer Aaron Cook

https://gozags.com/news/2020/4/16/me...KtjqDCgQxE6-og
    Worth noting that the image on this release shows him wearing the #4 jersey and NOT #10