Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Recruiting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Was it always Aaron Cook? Seems like a sneaky contributor next year. Productive in the MVC as a junior, broke his hand as a senior but was averaging 15ppg in November. Seems like he was likely the top target all along in the backup PG spot.
    I don’t think that name has popped up in this thread. Is he coming? I’m a tad confused

Edit to add:

Haha, and I found it. Great news

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I don’t think that name has popped up in this thread. Is he coming? I’m a tad confused

Edit to add:

Haha, and I found it. Great news
    Yes. But he is not the one Caldwell was referring to in his tweet hint about a top 25 commit will impact his decision

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Yes. But he is not the one Caldwell was referring to in his tweet hint about a top 25 commit will impact his decision
    I know. He's left enough bread crumbs now for many to figure out who it is.
    If he does come he'll likely be ineligible next year, which would be good for both the player and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I know. He's left enough bread crumbs now for many to figure out who it is.
    If he does come he'll likely be ineligible next year, which would be good for both the player and the team.
    Yes, a KO Clinic year will benefit both himself and the team...if Filip doesn't come back then we still have 4 bigs and Kispert has been known to play the PF when we go small ball...

BTW I'm not one that is good at puzzles so guess I'll have to wait until he gets on the Transfer Portal...if it is that young man from UT we need to work on his Free Throw shooting the moment he steps on campus...

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    His experience is going to be a huge factor as well!
    This.

Holland Woods lists us as his final four, along with New Mexico, Arizona State and Oregon State...

Have you heard if we are in on him? Seems like we are out of scholarships if the mystery transfer is also coming...

Is woods immediately eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Holland Woods lists us as his final four, along with New Mexico, Arizona State and Oregon State...

Have you heard if we are in on him? Seems like we are out of scholarships if the mystery transfer is also coming...

Is woods immediately eligible?
    Not immediately eligible. He would be down the list for people we are going after.

Not immediately eligible. He would be down the list for people we are going after.
    Probably a good idea, if there’s a connection.

https://www.abc15.com/news/crime/peo...ild-sex-crimes

Portland St. roster lists Holland as being out of Phoenix.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Portland St. roster lists Holland as being out of Phoenix.
    Right. Peoria is a suburb of PHX.

Caldwell, would you still estimate Petrusev at 75% chance of staying (I think that’s the number you mentioned at least) or has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    Caldwell, would you still estimate Petrusev at 75% chance of staying (I think that’s the number you mentioned at least) or has that changed?
    Kispert did imply he was staying on March Madness 360. I put him at 90%.... leave a little room to cover my a**

Kansas just offered Kaluma. Are we sure we aren't whiffing on this one? Seems like the kid has high interest in us and we could have jumped on it early.

Just because he was offered by Kansas does not mean that we are in on better players than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Kansas just offered Kaluma. Are we sure we aren't whiffing on this one? Seems like the kid has high interest in us and we could have jumped on it early.
    Who's that?

Never mind, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Just because he was offered by Kansas does not mean that we are in on better players than him.
    LOL what? This is confusing.

Just because he was offered by Kansas and multiple other big time programs does mean that we could have whiffed. It’s happened before. I’m not complaining, I love where we are at, was just bringing it up.

Smile Mystery Transfer

Excuse me if this's already been asked, but how can we be in contact with a kid who's not officially put himself on the transfer list? (Talking the mystery sit-out guy.). Not accusing the staff of anything unsavory, just wondering how this's possible. For one thing, how do we even know this young man's thinking of leaving his present school?

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Maybe the young man put out feelers to some programs asking if they had a spot available -- on the off chance he became available--- stranger things have happened.

I seem to recall hearing that parents or other family members, or coaches (HS or AAU) occasionally contact a school on behalf of a player.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Excuse me if this's already been asked, but how can we be in contact with a kid who's not officially put himself on the transfer list? (Talking the mystery sit-out guy.). Not accusing the staff of anything unsavory, just wondering how this's possible. For one thing, how do we even know this young man's thinking of leaving his present school?

We were contacted by someone with really good ties to him. We have not been in direct contact, that is a violation.

Smile

We were contacted by someone with really good ties to him. We have not been in direct contact, that is a violation.
    Thanks for the clarification. I suspected "direct contact" would be a violation. Any timetable on Mystery Recruit's decision to put his transfer out there publicly, if he so decides?

Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

If it is Kai Jones can you respond with a noise a dawg makes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I suspected "direct contact" would be a violation. Any timetable on Mystery Recruit's decision to put his transfer out there publicly, if he so decides?

We will know more by the end of the month.

We will know more by the end of the month.
    I’m happy to lend insight on this whole thing if/when it comes to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I’m happy to lend insight on this whole thing if/when it comes to fruition.
    Sounds good my friend. I will let you share the whole story on this one, I am still over here defending Suggs and his recruitment!