X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPtheBeasta
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

The smile on Suggs’ face when talking about coming to GU and playing for a national champion ship has to be worth something. I think he genuinely wants to play college ball. Going to college as a young man out of high school is an opportunity you can’t get back. I understand the appeal of money, but statistically-speaking, persons that make millions aren’t any happier than persons making $90k (or thereabouts).

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
      The smile on Suggs’ face when talking about coming to GU and playing for a national champion ship has to be worth something. I think he genuinely wants to play college ball. Going to college as a young man out of high school is an opportunity you can’t get back. I understand the appeal of money, but statistically-speaking, persons that make millions aren’t any happier than persons making $90k (or thereabouts).
      Let me tell you a little story about Jalen and Jalen's mom, Tommy and Mark were sitting talking to the family on the first visit to Spokane. Jalen's mom looked at him and said you are going to Gonzaga, Jalen responded I know mom. Jalen will be a Zag, he has been a Zag from the first time he walked on campus. Yes has Larry tried to get some pro deals and some shoe deals yes he has, but he has also invested a ton of time into turning his son into a star. Larry will not be a LeVar Ball, so drop that, he was just trying to get life changing money for his family like any dad would do. Now that Jalen is committed and signed, I don't think you hear much about any pro options except for those out of touch with this kids recruitment, aka Corey Evans and Evan Daniels.

Comment

• Zag1203
        Kennel Club Material
        • Apr 2020

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
        Let me tell you a little story about Jalen and Jalen's mom, Tommy and Mark were sitting talking to the family on the first visit to Spokane. Jalen's mom looked at him and said you are going to Gonzaga, Jalen responded I know mom. Jalen will be a Zag, he has been a Zag from the first time he walked on campus. Yes has Larry tried to get some pro deals and some shoe deals yes he has, but he has also invested a ton of time into turning his son into a star. Larry will not be a LeVar Ball, so drop that, he was just trying to get life changing money for his family like any dad would do. Now that Jalen is committed and signed, I don't think you hear much about any pro options except for those out of touch with this kids recruitment, aka Corey Evans and Evan Daniels.
        I'm happy for him and the family. It's sad that people think he has some kind of ulterior motives for looking at all his options. As long as the kid is where he wants to be, that's all that matters.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

Well said.

And thanks for the story Caldy.

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
            Caldwell

Are we still interested in Haarms?
            ???

Comment

• North Idaho Zag
              Bulldog Fan
              • Nov 2013

Now that Jalen is committed and signed, I don't think you hear much about any pro options except for those out of touch with this kids recruitment, aka Corey Evans and Evan Daniels.
              And Jazz

Comment

• Murphy outgo lifer
                Kennel Club
                • Aug 2015

Caldy, it seems a bit quiet on the recruiting front. What are your thoughts on the mystery transfer vs Brown? Or the possibility of both?

How would you rank our current targets right now from most likely to commit to least likely?

Any new names we should keep an eye on?

What are you hearing about our guys that are testing the NBA waters?

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Great story, Caldwell. Our chances at landing players rises immensely when you can get moms on campus. My wife has been on campus twice in the last 20 years, both times she caught Zag fever...I'm still paying down the second I took out to cover her purchases at the Zag store...she has a big family--I've got two dozen nieces and nephews on her side of the family.

Comment

• Kiddwell
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Tasty + Figment = Fig Newton

Originally posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
                    Caldy, it seems a bit quiet on the recruiting front. What are your thoughts on the mystery transfer vs Brown? Or the possibility of both?

How would you rank our current targets right now from most likely to commit to least likely?

Any new names we should keep an eye on?

What are you hearing about our guys that are testing the NBA waters?
                    +1 -- Yes, Caldwell. Specifically, does the Mystery Transfer exist anymore? Or was this all along just a "Fig Newton" of Kiddwell's imagination?

:]
                    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Working...
                    X