Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Recruiting Thread

Caldwell, why is it that people suspect Kai Jones? Has Gonzaga ever targeted him?

He fits all the criteria so far. Top 50 247, top 70 composite. NBA potential. Wasn’t yet mentioned in posts and threads when Caldwell said he hadn’t been mentioned. Scored in double digits twice, but wasn’t a double digit scorers. Waiting for a big time recruit to commit to see if he’s recruited over. Plus he fits the Olynyk Clinic mold of a big with untapped potential. I’m assuming his recruitment was under the table because if happened at Basketball Without Borders away from national analyst’s eyes and before he really blew up. Just makes a ton of sense and would be super exciting. He could be Giannis-lite.

Still waiting for someone to tell me it's not him

Quote Originally Posted by crockdaddy View Post
    He fits all the criteria so far. Top 50 247, top 70 composite. NBA potential. Wasn’t yet mentioned in posts and threads when Caldwell said he hadn’t been mentioned. Scored in double digits twice, but wasn’t a double digit scorers. Waiting for a big time recruit to commit to see if he’s recruited over. Plus he fits the Olynyk Clinic mold of a big with untapped potential. I’m assuming his recruitment was under the table because if happened at Basketball Without Borders away from national analyst’s eyes and before he really blew up. Just makes a ton of sense and would be super exciting. He could be Giannis-lite.

That is pretty impressive work to track down all the clues. We'll find out at the end of April if the mystery transfer decides to transfer or not. Again I will not publicly say who this player is

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Still waiting for someone to tell me it's not him
    Pm me

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    That is pretty impressive work to track down all the clues. We'll find out at the end of April if the mystery transfer decides to transfer or not. Again I will not publicly say who this player is
    fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by crockdaddy View Post
    Watching some of his highlights and I think I spotted a wild Brian Michaelson in the background of one of his games (around the 1:20 mark to the left of the basket): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydoeEYjYe4M

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Watching some of his highlights and I think I spotted a wild Brian Michaelson in the background of one of his games (around the 1:20 mark to the left of the basket): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydoeEYjYe4M
    You guys crack me up with your PI work. If I ever need a PI, I am coming to this board first.

Hahaha Caldwell.... if we are right but he doesn’t end up coming at least give us the satisfaction after the fact of knowing that our investigation was correct

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Hahaha Caldwell.... if we are right but he doesn’t end up coming at least give us the satisfaction after the fact of knowing that our investigation was correct
    I have and will confirm any guesses you have via PM. I am just not posting it publicly as that's not fair if he doesn't come.

You guys crack me up with your PI work. If I ever need a PI, I am coming to this board first.
    Maybe they can help you find fish.

Sounds good my friend. I will let you share the whole story on this one, I am still over here defending Suggs and his recruitment!
    That Suggs chain was something else! Amazing how so many people seem to know what Suggs was told by our staff, what the Suggs family told our staff, and everything that has been discussed in the last 2 years between all involved.
    We are becoming a school that recruits kids who have options other than college. We as fans better get used to all that comes with that. If we can’t trust a guy like Mark Few at this point, then it is a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    That Suggs chain was something else! Amazing how so many people seem to know what Suggs was told by our staff, what the Suggs family told our staff, and everything that has been discussed in the last 2 years between all involved.
    We are becoming a school that recruits kids who have options other than college. We as fans better get used to all that comes with that. If we can’t trust a guy like Mark Few at this point, then it is a lost cause.
    So well said! Thanks ZagBlue!

Caldy sounds like it's time to relax, maybe catch a couple of browns or trophy Rainbow. Second that! it might be easier to put a little bourbon in some crystal!

Detective Crockdaddy. Nice work.

Quarantine sleuthing.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Caldy sounds like it's time to relax, maybe catch a couple of browns or trophy Rainbow. Second that! it might be easier to put a little bourbon in some crystal!
    It is time for some browns and rainbows. But the bourbon sounds amazing also!!

It is time for some browns and rainbows. But the bourbon sounds amazing also!!
    I would sure love to be living up in the NW...I'm not a seafood lover to say the least BUT I love to catch trout, clean them and then cook them...oh, I'm a single-malt person...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I would sure love to be living up in the NW...I'm not a seafood lover to say the least BUT I love to catch trout, clean them and then cook them...oh, I'm a single-malt person...lol
    Nothing like catching some trout on a river here in the NW and having a good drink during/after doing so!

Lmao that is so funny.

Default Kai Jones

The G League may prevent us from getting Kai Jones--

They reportedly extended that mega offer to Greg Brown who we need to go to Texas to set the wheels in motion for Kai Jones (assuming i am correct) in the mystery transfer.

Dang you Rod Strickland!!!

Jones would be a star with a year in the Olynyk clinic against our bigs.

Caldwell

Are we still interested in Haarms?

Saw that. Never rooted so hard for Texas to get a 5 star recruit in my life. Times are weird....

Larry Suggs, father of Jalen Suggs about the possibility of playing in the G-League
    “He just committed… But if I told you that I have a better job for you that pays you more money, would you listen? One has to listen ... everyone will listen, this is how the world works ”