Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Zag players should have made NBA in your opinion?

Default What Zag players should have made NBA in your opinion?

Ill say Casey Calvary. I just feel like if he was on the zags team of the last 10 years he is in the NBA.
    Love the zags for life

Mark Few said on “Gonzaga a decade of excellence” that he didn’t know how the NBA missed on Calvary. I’ll definitely agree with that one.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I’d also probably say NWG. Very very efficient player.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Josh Heytvelt
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Josh Heytvelt
    +1

Never understood why he didn't make it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    +1

Never understood why he didn't make it...
    I think it was a complex situation, but I agree. I can’t figure out how hat didn’t happen.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Stepp without injuries.

J.P. Batista

Calvary for sure, but how about Jeremy Pargo ? The guy is still tearing it up overseas.

I've always thought Pargo was good enough and physical enough to play in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    I've always thought Pargo was good enough and physical enough to play in the NBA.
    Jeremy had a few chances to stick in the NBA... great effort guy... tough, physical... has some “clutch” genes...
    But all you have to do is look at his career shooting numbers when he had those chances.
    86 NBA games with Memphis, Cleveland, Philly and The Warriors... 37.9 FG%, 31.9 3pt%, 64.4 FT%

NBA don’t like chainsaws.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    I’d also probably say NWG. Very very efficient player.
    He finished the most recent season on the Jazz roster. I wouldn’t rule him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    He finished the most recent season on the Jazz roster. I wouldn’t rule him out.
    Be great. Andre Miller 2.0. The Professor.

I was always curious "what" prevented Micah Downs from sticking in the NBA. Seemed like all of the tools were there. He is also one of the guys that I always felt was underutilized by Few. I watched him dominate vs UConn in Boston. As much as I hate to say this, maybe the problem is/was between Micah's ears?? But he is still playing overseas and earning a paycheck playing basketball. That is pretty cool in and of itself!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Josh Heytvelt
    His chances evaporated when he showed up to the scouting combines out of shape. If he had taken that part seriously during the draft process he would have had a legitimate chance. After that he was destined for overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Ill say Casey Calvary. I just feel like if he was on the zags team of the last 10 years he is in the NBA.
    Hands down Karno until the latest injury bug hit him. Pangos was my second choice.

Some great replies in here!
    Love the zags for life

Elias Harris didn't leave when his draft stock was hot. He'd likely have played a few years in the league, maybe more, after being a first round pick. I like to think NWG would have been drafted had he stuck around too but I'm not sure about that. Pargo had a lot of talent. Norvell likely would have been the primary scorer for the Zags this year and would think he'd be drafted this year as well. Tillie has the talent to play in the NBA, too.

Matt Bouldin

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    His chances evaporated when he showed up to the scouting combines out of shape. If he had taken that part seriously during the draft process he would have had a legitimate chance. After that he was destined for overseas.
    I remember seeing him in some pre-draft scrimmage videos and he just didn't look like he was putting out any effort.

He played amazing against UNC. I seem to remember him pinning a shot of Tyler Hansbrough to the backboard, but that was a while ago... He put up 19 pts, 8 rbs and 4 blocks that game. He definitely had the gifts to be in the NBA, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by North Idaho Zag View Post
    J.P. Batista
    I loved JP the Beasta, er Batista. He was so efficient. He lacked athleticism at a time when it wasn't as necessary as now. I thought he compared favorably to Sean Maye of UNC, who was drafted. I quit trying to put too much into NBA draft predictions after that year.

Casey, Josh and JP for sure. Gary Bell was as good as Dellidedova imo. Happy that most of them have made good careers for themselves.
    overseas.

Mike Leisure! Ok maybe not but that 1-handed board he grabbed during that UConn game was dope and I still remember it 20 years later as one of the coolest rebounds I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I remember seeing him in some pre-draft scrimmage videos and he just didn't look like he was putting out any effort.

He played amazing against UNC. I seem to remember him pinning a shot of Tyler Hansbrough to the backboard, but that was a while ago... He put up 19 pts, 8 rbs and 4 blocks that game. He definitely had the gifts to be in the NBA, in my opinion.
    They were both freshman and Josh just outplayed him; however, three years later in the S16, the dominance was reversed...Josh really was never the same player after his injury and the "Shroom" incident BUT I thought he had all the gifts and thought he would have been a no brainer...didn't know he was out of shape for the draft process...such a shame...