Thread: Destiny Slocum on the market

Default Destiny Slocum on the market

Just announced she is grad transferring for her final year. Was GU ever on her radar? Close to home anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Just announced she is grad transferring for her final year. Was GU ever on her radar? Close to home anyway.
    I don't think GU is possible. GU has 15 players on their roster for next year and I think all are on scholarship, so no scholies available unless somebody was to leave, which I have not heard of.

ZagDad
    Last edited by ZagDad84; 04-02-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks, I hadn't looked at a scholarship chart.

I've seen a few names thrown around but it's just speculative, I don't think anybody knows anything about where she is headed at this point.

Wow. Funny I just found out Slocum is my cousin (through marriage). Her Dad came up and introduced himself to me at one of Chelsey's LMU games.

I wonder what she's up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CG3Dad View Post
    Wow. Funny I just found out Slocum is my cousin (through marriage). Her Dad came up and introduced himself to me at one of Chelsey's LMU games.

I wonder what she's up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, what an interesting surprise!

Just to wrap this topic up.

Destiny Slocum, from Meridan, Idaho is going to transfer to Arkansas.

The correlation I see here is that the UW coach who was recruiting her and got her initial verbal commit (before she re-opened her recruiting process), Coach Mike Neighbors is now the head coach at Arkansas.

Slocum's decision brings a well-traveled college career something close to full circle. As a high schooler, the Meridian, Idaho, product verbally committed to the University of Washington before reopening her recruiting and settling on Maryland. Now after an additional stop at Oregon State, she will finally play for Arkansas coach Mike Neighbors, who held the same role at Washington when Slocum was a high school recruit.
    Article Link: https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ooses-arkansas

Going to Arkansas sees her going to an improving program (the Razorbacks finished with a 24-8 record this past season, including 10-6 in the SEC -- the program's first winning record in conference play since the 2011-12 season) but I don't think they are anywhere near as good as the Beavers.

Interesting move,

ZagDad

I think it's about style of play, not the relative strength of the 2 programs. Neighbors is known for up tempo. The Razorbacks return 2 of their top 3 scorers, so Slocum isn't necessarily going to see a big increase in her scoring numbers. She might've felt handcuffed by Rueck's controlled style on offense. Tough break for OSU, but it's done.