Thread: Wither's: Zags-Jayhawks

Default Wither's: Zags-Jayhawks

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

The point of this essay from Bud would be? If we play Kansas or those tainted programs we get mud on our skirts??

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    The point of this essay from Bud would be? If we play Kansas or those tainted programs we get mud on our skirts??
    Was thinking the same thing... “at what price”? Head scratcher to me.

Dad in this rarified level of college basketball and if you want your program to move ahead who else do we play??? I love Buds work but this offering is kind of like kissing your sister...lol

What does he mean “at what price”? We aren’t doing anything wrong. Our name isn’t going to get killed by playing Kansas. I love Bud and he’s a very smart noble and knowledgeable person (as far as I know) however this is a horrific take lol. Our game will be the same. I don’t care what Kansas does. I wanna beat Kansas the right way. The rest is a footnote to me.

I live in Missouri and have several Kansas fans in my area. This has been a dream game of mine for 15 years now (I wasn’t quite around in 99 yet lol) and now we’ll get it twice. I wanna beat them. Let’s get it done zags!
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Wow, good for Withers. He raises a legit point and in so doing proves he is not just some local media Pollyanna bumpkin.

Gonzaga prides itself on doing things the right way yet agrees to a home and home series vs one of the most notoriously shady programs in college hoops. Whether you agree with Withers or not, there is nothing confusing about the issue he is courageously raising. Color me shocked and impressed; he raises this question at considerable risk to his professional role and continued access to GU coaches, admin, players. I say good for him. Self is a total slime-ball....and God willing I will be glued to the tv to watch this game in 2022!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Wow, good for Withers. He raises a legit point and in so doing proves he is not just some local media Pollyanna bumpkin.

Gonzaga prides itself on doing things the right way yet agrees to a home and home series vs one of the most notoriously shady programs in college hoops. Whether you agree with Withers or not, there is nothing confusing about the issue he is courageously raising. Color me shocked and impressed; he raises this question at considerable risk to his professional role and continued access to GU coaches, admin, players. I say good for him. Self is a total slime-ball....and God willing I will be glued to the tv to watch this game in 2022!
    I mean they’ve done this with UNC and San Diego State yet he didn’t talk all that trash did he? It’s just a biased article I think .... he needs to look at what is good for the program. Not something he feels that is biased. There’s literally nothing wrong with this at all lol
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

The first game is in 2 years. By then the investigation will be done and either this is a nonissue or Kansas may be playing with scholarship restrictions or even a new coach. Most likely a nonissue.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    The first game is in 2 years. By then the investigation will be done and either this is a nonissue or Kansas may be playing with scholarship restrictions or even a new coach. Most likely a nonissue.

By then Bud may need to write a whole column about the appropriateness of GU playing Pacific. (Please note sarcasm) ;^)
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut