Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wither's: Zags-Jayhawks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,590

    Default Wither's: Zags-Jayhawks

    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,526

    Default

    The point of this essay from Bud would be? If we play Kansas or those tainted programs we get mud on our skirts??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    The point of this essay from Bud would be? If we play Kansas or those tainted programs we get mud on our skirts??
    Was thinking the same thing... “at what price”? Head scratcher to me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,526

    Default

    Dad in this rarified level of college basketball and if you want your program to move ahead who else do we play??? I love Buds work but this offering is kind of like kissing your sister...lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,395

    Default

    What does he mean “at what price”? We aren’t doing anything wrong. Our name isn’t going to get killed by playing Kansas. I love Bud and he’s a very smart noble and knowledgeable person (as far as I know) however this is a horrific take lol. Our game will be the same. I don’t care what Kansas does. I wanna beat Kansas the right way. The rest is a footnote to me.

    I live in Missouri and have several Kansas fans in my area. This has been a dream game of mine for 15 years now (I wasn’t quite around in 99 yet lol) and now we’ll get it twice. I wanna beat them. Let’s get it done zags!
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Wow, good for Withers. He raises a legit point and in so doing proves he is not just some local media Pollyanna bumpkin.

    Gonzaga prides itself on doing things the right way yet agrees to a home and home series vs one of the most notoriously shady programs in college hoops. Whether you agree with Withers or not, there is nothing confusing about the issue he is courageously raising. Color me shocked and impressed; he raises this question at considerable risk to his professional role and continued access to GU coaches, admin, players. I say good for him. Self is a total slime-ball....and God willing I will be glued to the tv to watch this game in 2022!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Wow, good for Withers. He raises a legit point and in so doing proves he is not just some local media Pollyanna bumpkin.

    Gonzaga prides itself on doing things the right way yet agrees to a home and home series vs one of the most notoriously shady programs in college hoops. Whether you agree with Withers or not, there is nothing confusing about the issue he is courageously raising. Color me shocked and impressed; he raises this question at considerable risk to his professional role and continued access to GU coaches, admin, players. I say good for him. Self is a total slime-ball....and God willing I will be glued to the tv to watch this game in 2022!
    I mean they’ve done this with UNC and San Diego State yet he didn’t talk all that trash did he? It’s just a biased article I think .... he needs to look at what is good for the program. Not something he feels that is biased. There’s literally nothing wrong with this at all lol
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    408

    Default

    The first game is in 2 years. By then the investigation will be done and either this is a nonissue or Kansas may be playing with scholarship restrictions or even a new coach. Most likely a nonissue.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greater Tacoma
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    The first game is in 2 years. By then the investigation will be done and either this is a nonissue or Kansas may be playing with scholarship restrictions or even a new coach. Most likely a nonissue.

    By then Bud may need to write a whole column about the appropriateness of GU playing Pacific. (Please note sarcasm) ;^)
    .
    .
    .
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    .
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    .
    I am monitoring the price of a donut
    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •