• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheOtherGreatOne
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Haarms committing early to BYU should be a good sign on where things stand with Filip, just saying.
    Sounds good to me. Just think lf he makes as big of a jump from this year to next as he did fron his fros. year to his soph year. First team all american center- freshman of the year at point guard- best small forward in the country- biggest suprise in college basketball in Ballo- the second coming of Kevin Mchail in Timme, and that's not even mentioning Watson, and WCC tournamen MVP in Ayeye. I can't wait.

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
      Sounds good to me. Just think lf he makes as big of a jump from this year to next as he did fron his fros. year to his soph year. First team all american center- freshman of the year at point guard- best small forward in the country- biggest suprise in college basketball in Ballo- the second coming of Kevin Mchail in Timme, and that's not even mentioning Watson, and WCC tournamen MVP in Ayeye. I can't wait.
      Watson will be the biggest surprise next year, as he could end up being the guy. Just saying he has that kind of talent.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
        I'd agree. Dont try to recruit the best players, recruit the best players for your system. I thought when he went there they would become a juggernaut. Not so far.
        I think Huggie Bear at WV and Tony Bennett at UVA are very good at recruiting guys for their system. I’d probably add the Florida St coach to this list.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

I have been vocal about Petrusev’s defense but it would be nice to have his experience and offensive talents next year.

Comment

• EEzag
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Aug 2007

often times when healthy he was the best player on the court. I think he and Suggs will get to know each other quite well.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
              I think that that is what JP was suggesting about the original statement.
              This. Thank you. I was sarcastically addressing a seemingly inappropriate statement. I hope it wasn’t too big of a distraction and won’t say anything more about it unless I need to clarify more.

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • May 2019

Personally I feel Petro knew he couldn't be agressive on "D" because of lack of depth. If your offense is more efficient and your defense is adequate you win.

Comment

• thebigsmoove
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
                  No inside info. Also sort of needlessly rude and personal when disagreed though, though your mileage may vary.
                  Lol, ive actually heard from a few people (on twitter & GU boards) this exact criticism of you. Odd.

Comment

• LTownZag
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by thebigsmoove View Post
                    Lol, ive actually heard from a few people (on twitter & GU boards) this exact criticism of you. Odd.
                    I don't doubt that you've heard that criticism. Can you give any examples of a time i've made something personal? If there is an example, i'd like to see it, apologize for it, and not repeat it.

I may have been confusing the Josh/Zagaholic twitter persona with the Josh Andrade twitter persona. If so, my apologies.

Comment

• thebigsmoove
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Gonzagit View Post
                      Does this guy have any kind of inside information? His twitter feed is basically all fan-boy.
                      To answer your question directly, i sometimes have inside info and other times i dont. Im definitely a fanboy though. I love Zag Basketball, i love Zag fans. I try to respond to every DM, private message, email i get. I talk to a lot of players, their families, coaches (high school, college, AAU, etc.), people in the program, students, etc. Caldwell is probably the most knowledgeable insider that GU Boards has ever had and ive been putting around here since before migration. I go silent on GU Boards a lot. Twitter is more my speed. I used to run the Zagaholic Blog for years. Im far from perfect, but any time you have a question about where i got my info or what my opinion is im more than happy to discuss it with you directly. All you gotta do is reach out.

Oh and im definitely an ######e towards Kentucky fans all the time. 🙂

Comment

• thebigsmoove
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
                        I don't doubt that you've heard that criticism. Can you give any examples of a time i've made something personal? If there is an example, i'd like to see it, apologize for it, and not repeat it.

I may have been confusing the Josh/Zagaholic twitter persona with the Josh Andrade twitter persona. If so, my apologies.
                        No worries dude. I dont have direct quotes or screenshots. Just saying what ive heard. I have no problem with you. Go Zags!

Comment

• LTownZag
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by thebigsmoove View Post
                          No worries dude. I dont have direct quotes or screenshots. Just saying what i've heard. I have no problem with you. Go Zags!
                          I appreciate it. I apologize for confusing you for a different often-tweeting Josh. The fault is mine alone. I tried to edit my initial post above, but can't any longer.

Comment

• Zag1203
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Apr 2020

Originally posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
                            Personally I feel Petro knew he couldn't be agressive on "D" because of lack of depth. If your offense is more efficient and your defense is adequate you win.
                            I thought this as well. Petrusev isn't the best defender, but I noticed he was aggressive in terms of blocking shots when he was playing behind Clarke, Killian, and Rui. Coaching staff could possibly sit him down and tell him to be hyper aggressive on D because guys like Ballo, Watson, Timme, and even Zhakarov can jump right in if needed. NBA scouts know that he can score inside. If his defensive aggression and outside shotmaking improve at the cost of his minutes and overall points, that's going to still help him more from an NBA perspective than making first team all american playing the same way he did last year.

Comment

• YankMyZAG
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Sep 2019

Final 4 for him. Gotta be in it to win it.

Comment

• White lightning
                                Zag for Life
                                • Dec 2017

Zags appearing in the tops of a lot of kids. The possibility of the number one ranking, and usually playing deep into march makes it easy to include Gonzaga. Having transfers play key roles over the years never hurts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X