Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Charles Minlend from USF is grad transferring...

Not the greatest 3 pt shooter but he does everything else really well. Has had some great games against the Zags. I don't love the idea of poaching in conference guys but I think he'd be a terrific veteran fit.
    The WCC is going to be weak next year. Everyone who was any good graduated, transfered, or is going pro. The all WCC team might be 9 Zags and Colby Ross.

Not the greatest 3 pt shooter but he does everything else really well. Has had some great games against the Zags. I don't love the idea of poaching in conference guys but I think he'd be a terrific veteran fit.
    Third or 4th college for him? He's as old as his ex-Redmen dad now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Minlend

Mainland is a talented player no question. He definitely would bring a different dimension to the offence, more of a slasher midrange type with a high motor on both ends of the court.
    I dont really like the idea of poaching either but might be a good fit he's about the same size as Admon.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Third or 4th college for him? He's as old as his ex-Redmen dad now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Minlend
    Could be wrong but I think USF is the only school he has attended. He red shirted his sophmore year because he hurt his knee I believe. He is a bright kid with a high GPA.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Could be wrong but I think USF is the only school he has attended. He red shirted his sophmore year because he hurt his knee I believe. He is a bright kid with a high GPA.
    I think this is correct. Maybe you’re thinking of a different guy Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I think this is correct. Maybe you’re thinking of a different guy Jazz.
    I'll ask Kyle.

My bad. USF only...and good HS student National Honors Society member who graduated high school with a 4.5 grade point average....was thinking of Rashad Green, Danny's brother, who started at Manhattan.

https://usfdons.com/sports/mens-bask...rashad-green/7

Minlend could be a guy who makes a splash. He is very good at driving to the hoop and there are probably multiple Pac-12 and major conference teams that could use his talents and experience. It's been a weird paradigm shift lately where I often pass on a guy like him for GU in my own assessment but think he would get significant minutes at U of Arizona, or similar.

Kentucky transfer Johnny Juzang tells me he has cut his list to the following programs:

UCLA
    Arizona
    Oregon
    Texas Tech
    Villanova
    Notre Dame

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...174057472?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Kentucky transfer Johnny Juzang tells me he has cut his list to the following programs:

UCLA
    Arizona
    Oregon
    Texas Tech
    Villanova
    Notre Dame

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...174057472?s=19
    Wow! Some of those don’t exactly qualify for going back west to be closer to home.

Caldwell, I am hoping this is another one of those “look at what this says about the position we are already in for giving an open scholarship to a traditional transfer.”

Like maybe an unnamed mystery transfer who has NBA written all over him??

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I'll ask Kyle.
    He may end up with Kyle, which would create some ripples.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    25m
    Cal State Northridge graduate transfer Terrell Gomez has heard from Arkansas, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Iowa State, Arizona State, Washington State, DePaul Northridge, amongst others, he told
    @Stockrisers

Averaged 19.8 points on 44% shooting. Went 111-252 from three.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    25m
    Cal State Northridge graduate transfer Terrell Gomez has heard from Arkansas, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Iowa State, Arizona State, Washington State, DePaul Northridge, amongst others, he told
    @Stockrisers

Averaged 19.8 points on 44% shooting. Went 111-252 from three.
    Good 3pt%, but only 2.3 assists, and only 5'8".
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

If he comes with his teammate, Lamine Diane, then I'm on board.

He may be short-- but having a guy who shoots 94.8% from the foul line is automatic baskets (109 of 115 last year)-- and 44% from 3 ---plus his speed and ability to attack.

"Gomez has an idea of what he'll be looking for as he goes through this process."

"Playing fast, shooting threes and a coach with great execution," said Gomez."

Points against familiar competition this year

Auburn 23 pts
    Pepperdine 33 pts
    Portland 28 pts
    Pacific 29 pts
    Oregon State 19 pts

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

https://stockrisers.com/2020/04/02/c...ools-involved/

Not sure he is 5'8" BUT he plays like Ford but shoot better...don't know about his defence, even if he plays defence BUT as quick as Meech but can score...a little bit of NWG on offence...how many shots did the team take each game and what percentage was he taking...that could determine if we needed one or two balls on the court.

Think Coach would need a leash, a long one or hair coloring, because this kid would be turning his hair silver...IMO

Really don't think Coach brings him here unless it's a package deal with Lamine...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Not sure he is 5'8" BUT he plays like Ford but shoot better...don't know about his defence, even if he plays defence BUT as quick as Meech but can score...a little bit of NWG on offence...how many shots did the team take each game and what percentage was he taking...that could determine if we needed one or two balls on the court.

Think Coach would need a leash, a long one or hair coloring, because this kid would be turning his hair silver...IMO

Really don't think Coach brings him here unless it's a package deal with Lamine...
    CSUN went 15-17 last year. You think we're bringing in 2 of these guys?

re: Gomez

At first after just looking at his shooting numbers I was like, oh so a Wade/Ravet with experience, but no, not even close. Dudes got game and experience. I think we've seen that taller guards just are more effective on the defensive end at the very least, but he has D1 experience and understands how to fit himself into the game. Nice find.

Good points from Bogo on how much time the ball is in his hands to get those numbers through.

Jalen Tate tells me that he's now also receiving interest from Kansas State, Virginia Tech, and Gonzaga.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...568320004?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Like I said if Coach is REALLY high on Lamine then anything is possible BUT I seriously doubt he will become a Zag unless he is a walk-on...

I liked Ford and thought he was a very good player and we (GU) looked at him his senior year from what I understand but he was a 5'10-6' Morrison type player in that he needed to have the ball in his hands all the time to be used effectively...imo

Tate is a pretty poor 3 point shooter if I read his stats right.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Tate is a pretty poor 3 point shooter if I read his stats right.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the interest is in. He is a 6'6 guard but is poor at 3 and the FT line. I trust the staff knows what they're doing, but this is probably just another check in on a potential name and not much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post

Lamine missed the first 13 games last year and they were 3-10 without him. so 12-7 with him. He was 25/10 last year, he would definitely be worth a look, but of course I haven't seen him in the transfer portal

I watch a lot of college b-ball and before this year I had never heard of Woolridge. He turned out to be a stud.
    So whoever does end up coming in I’m going to assume the best.

Side note; when these guys say a school like Gonzaga has offered, I assume it means Gonzaga has offered to take their call. Otherwise we, and everyone else offers a dozen kids a year.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I watch a lot of college b-ball and before this year I had never heard of Woolridge. He turned out to be a stud.
    So whoever does end up coming in I’m going to assume the best.

Side note; when these guys say a school like Gonzaga has offered, I assume it means Gonzaga has offered to take their call. Otherwise we, and everyone else offers a dozen kids a year.

I was thinking the same thing while reading your comment BUT think much has to do with the style teams play and how some coaches CAN optimize a players skills and others can't. We were all really high on Hepa but he is a limited role player for UT...question - is Smart using him effectively or maybe GU just saw him as a different player...am really thankful Woolridge became a ZAG...really lucky too!