Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    So how did he look in those 18 to 20 minutes a game?
    He was okay, in my opinion. He’ll be inferior to timme, probably Watson, definitely Petrusev, and maybe even Ballo (if he’s as good as advertised). Why do we need him again?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    He was okay, in my opinion. Heíll be inferior to timme, probably Watson, definitely Petrusev, and maybe even Ballo (if heís as good as advertised). Why do we need him again?
    Ballo is raw and Haarms has experience. I wouldnít expect Ballo to be a major player next year, thinking Rui type plan with him. He could be a monster by his RS Sophomore season. The minutes will work itís way out and I highly doubt PZ would transfer more matter which we bring in this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Ballo is raw and Haarms has experience. I wouldn’t expect Ballo to be a major player next year, thinking Rui type plan with him. He could be a monster by his RS Sophomore season. The minutes will work it’s way out and I highly doubt PZ would transfer more matter which we bring in this year.

True excepting that Ballo didn't play last year. He just practiced, so it was like a redshirt year and I would guess that the Olynyk Clinic worked with him as well. He is not a raw freshman coming in.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    What was Adam Morrison ranked coming out of high school ? I think he and Morant both did ok. Haarms would be a great addition even if he was ranked #8000 coming out of high school. Just remember Jazz, we are Big Man U.
    No no no Iím trying to see how he fits Caldys teaser description or am I in the wrong player pod

Ummm.... The mystery transfer isn't even in the transfer portal yet. He "might" not even leave the school he is at. ( Unless I missed something. ) I have been a little busy the last 30 days.

I think I have been following the bouncing ball correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I wouldn't throw to much stock into it. There basketball analysis is spot on but they aren't much in the recruiting game.

If Haarms commits tho (not a bad chance here), you can say goodbye to caldwell's mystery transfer. That being said I'd take Haarms.
    My two cents here.... I know for a fact that we wouldnít be saying goodbye to the mystery transfer if we did add Haarms. Here is why: Haarms isnít coming if Filip stays. If Filip leaves well then we still have room for Haarms and the mystery transfer who as of now would have to sit out any way. Look at it this way: the mystery transfer would come to Gonzaga if Filip stays so it wonít matter if Filip is replaced by Haarms.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    He was okay, in my opinion. Heíll be inferior to timme, probably Watson, definitely Petrusev, and maybe even Ballo (if heís as good as advertised). Why do we need him again?
    He adds a huge dimension that we did not have last year which is rim protection. In fact, he is the best in America at protecting the rim. Our D was not great last year mostly because our interior D was not daunting at all. So, he helps solve that issue (Ballo might help there too).
    Another thing to note on Haarms: ignore the stats and trust that he is actually a really decent perimeter shooter. The Purdue offense simply does not allow for such. We lost Tille and really have no proven stretch 4-5. So maybe Haarms helps there as well.
    If we lose Filip (that is an if), Haarms would be a tremendous help. Our D improves substantially with him over Filip. Obviously we want Filip back but adding Haarms is an unreal backup plan if we pulled it off.

Nice video on Haarms. Seems like a great kid.

Watch "The Energy and Emotion of Matt Haarms | Purdue | B1G Basketball | The Journey" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/z7Y9ig-EB58
    America's Team!

I am telling you Haarms is a lot better player than a lot of you realize. He has a nonstop motor and has long arms on top of being 7'3", and is a super shot blocker. I also think that Ballo will be a lot better than some of you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    My two cents here.... I know for a fact that we wouldn’t be saying goodbye to the mystery transfer if we did add Haarms. Here is why: Haarms isn’t coming if Filip stays. If Filip leaves well then we still have room for Haarms and the mystery transfer who as of now would have to sit out any way. Look at it this way: the mystery transfer would come to Gonzaga if Filip stays so it won’t matter if Filip is replaced by Haarms.
    Also - Caldwell's hinted mystery transfer (not yet a transfer) is a sit-out guy. Haarms is a grad trasnfer with one immediate year of eligibility left. There are (apparently) enough scholarships left for the mystery redshirt transfer, plus 1 of the 2 of Haarms /Petrusev.

So there wouldn't be a fight for PT and there are enough scholarships.

I am telling you Haarms is a lot better player than a lot of you realize. He has a nonstop motor and has long arms on top of being 7'3", and is a super shot blocker. I also think that Ballo will be a lot better than some of you think.
    Who doesnít think Ballo will be good? Iím only speaking to what Iíve heard and that is Ballo will play similar minutes to what Rui did at first as he is raw (not my opinion).

As for Haarms, I couldnít agree more. This guy would play I rotation plenty and he is far better than raw stars would show. Iíd be very happy if he came to GU

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    My two cents here.... I know for a fact that we wouldn’t be saying goodbye to the mystery transfer if we did add Haarms. Here is why: Haarms isn’t coming if Filip stays. If Filip leaves well then we still have room for Haarms and the mystery transfer who as of now would have to sit out any way. Look at it this way: the mystery transfer would come to Gonzaga if Filip stays so it won’t matter if Filip is replaced by Haarms.
    Perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough, I as well as most people are assuming Filip will say. Since he has not declared, I was hoping that was implied. With Haarms I don't think you can rule him out with Filip staying. He has been a rather unselfish guy his whole career and it really comes down to him what he values in his next team. That being said if Filip stays and Haarms comes to GU I feel pretty confident in saying the mystery transfer is not coming.

Filip staying and Haarms coming shouldn't effect the mystery transfer correct? My understanding is that this mystery guy would need to sit out a year...?
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Also - Caldwell's hinted mystery transfer (not yet a transfer) is a sit-out guy. Haarms is a grad trasnfer with one immediate year of eligibility left. There are (apparently) enough scholarships left for the mystery redshirt transfer, plus 1 of the 2 of Haarms /Petrusev.

So there wouldn't be a fight for PT and there are enough scholarships.
    Lot of assumptions here.
    1. I don't believe Petrusev is leaving for several reasons.
    2. The Wavier for transfers in the 20-21 season will be voted on in May 20th and all signs indicated it will pass.
    3. If this waiver does pass will the mystery transfer sit out.

This might come down to who transfers first if GU is the top school on both there lists.

Haarms would be a perfect fit in our system. Super active, high level rim protector, and great pick and roller. He's more versatile than Petrusev, but no where near as good at going one on one and getting a bucket (although he does have some post up skill).

With next year's talent, he would be an amazing complementary piece and would really fit in with the fast paced up and down style that we're sure to play. Plus he would take our defense to a higher level. I have a hard time seeing him choosing GU if Petrusev stays though.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Filip staying and Haarms coming shouldn't effect the mystery transfer correct? My understanding is that this mystery guy would need to sit out a year...?
    The sit out year still takes up a scholarship. Therefore room would presumably need to be made to add both.

Quote Originally Posted by FriarZag View Post
    The sit out year still takes up a scholarship. Therefore room would presumably need to be made to add both.
    Don't we have a walk on who is using a 'ship unless we need it?

That could be an option sure, but I wouldn’t go so far as to conclude that’s exactly what the staff will do to resolve a scholarship number crunch. They’ll cross that bridge when they get to it, I reckon.

2. The Wavier for transfers in the 20-21 season will be voted on in May 20th and all signs indicated it will pass.
    Everywhere I’ve read it said it will be from 21-22 season

Edit: never mind that. Just read yet another article and they indeed thinking of making this from 20-21. My bad.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Q for CaldwellZag.

Since you know the mystery sit-out big is...which scenario would you say is the best?

A- Petrusev comes back, and mystery sit-out big signs and sits out for 2022
    B- Petrusev comes back and Haarms still signs. No sitout big
    C- Petrusev leaves (hope not) Haarms signs, sit-out big signs and sits out for 2022

Do we agree that Haarms, Petrusev, and mystery sit-out transfer big all on the roster at the same time cannot happen? Are we reading this correctly?

Jordan Bruner headed to Alabama

Jordan Bruner headed to Alabama
    In terms of deep diving academically, going from New Haven to Tuscaloosa is tantamount to Reed Travis going from Stanford to Kentucky. May be a preexisting relationship with Oats when at SUNY Buffalo. Not everyone at Yale is a PBK.

When asked about the decision Bruner said “I’m wired to prove people wrong. A lot of people think Alabama is the worst team out of the 3, but I believe in myself, my new teammates, and Coach Oats’ vision. We’re going to be one of the best teams in the country.”

ZagBlue is spot on. I had to call my contact back and get a little more detail, all I got was a text message saying watch Haarms mutual interest when I dropped that information. Haarms is Filip insurance, if Filip comes back Haarms will end up else where. If Filip leaves, whether NBA or overseas, Haarms is interested in coming to GU.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    In terms of deep diving academically, going from New Haven to Tuscaloosa is tantamount to Reed Travis going from Stanford to Kentucky. May be a preexisting relationship with Oats when at SUNY Buffalo. Not everyone at Yale is a PBK.

When asked about the decision Bruner said “I’m wired to prove people wrong. A lot of people think Alabama is the worst team out of the 3, but I believe in myself, my new teammates, and Coach Oats’ vision. We’re going to be one of the best teams in the country.”
    I hate to tell mr. Bruner, but I think he is in for a rude awakening, if he thinks that Alabama is going to be one of the best teams in the country.

I hate to tell mr. Bruner, but I think he is in for a rude awakening, if he thinks that Alabama is going to be one of the best teams in the country.
    Alabama has played some of the most un-disciplined basketball that I have seen in the past 3 seasons.