Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    The double digit hint is huge. Honestly, there are only a few class of '17 or '18 forwards or centers who are in that top 100 level and who have scored double digits but not gone pro or declared.

Ira Lee and Jericho Sims have never scored in double figures. Kamaka Hepa never has either. Neither has David McCormack or Taeshon Cherry or EJ Montgomery. Or Kai Jones from Texas. or Jalen Hill UCLA.
    Chris Smith (UCLA) just declared for the NBA, but had been a double digit guy.

Savion Flagg (Tex A&M ) has.
    Nick Richards (UK) has.
    Franz Wagner (Michigan) has.
    Maybe it's Jericho Sims (tx) and Caldwell is rounding up his 9.7pts to 10.

Dark Horse: Marek Dolezaj - 'Cuse.
    Be careful how you are reading that, I said he has scored in double figures, not that he is a double figure average scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    So he is small...
    That had me thinking Terrell Gomez, but he's off the board now (San Diego St).

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Be careful how you are reading that, I said he has scored in double figures, not that he is a double figure average scorer.
    Hepa has scored 11 in a game and 15 in a game, but averaged 1.9 and 2.9 his first two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    That had me thinking Terrell Gomez, but he's off the board now (San Diego St).
    My understanding is this is someone not yet in the portal.

Well that narrows it down - implies this person does not or has not averaged double figures. I wouldn't call such a player a "double digit scorer" but appreciate the clarification from our local quizmaster.

Max Agbonkpolo from USC? He's definitely being recruited over by USC if Zaire Williams joins them. Plays SF/PF, scored double digits only once last season, and was a top 60-70ish recruit that Gonzaga was interested in, but can't remember if he ever made it to campus:

https://247sports.com/Player/Max-Agb...school-199677/

Haarms was a major contributer on an elite 8 team, even though he has never averaged double figures, but has scored double figures several times and I don't think he has ever scored 20 in a game. Since he is 7'3" he is a center, and he is mobile enough to play pf. He also hustles more than any 7'er that I have seen in a long time. It may not be him, but he would be a valuable edition to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DagsZags View Post
    Max Agbonkpolo from USC? He's definitely being recruited over by USC if Zaire Williams joins them. Plays SF/PF, scored double digits only once last season, and was a top 60-70ish recruit that Gonzaga was interested in, but can't remember if he ever made it to campus:

https://247sports.com/Player/Max-Agb...school-199677/
    Would guess this isn't the guy as it would compromise Peyton Watson's recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Would guess this isn't the guy as it would compromise Peyton Watson's recruitment.
    I think you are onto something here. Hints why we never got serious about Juzang either.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    This is correct.

Does the portal have any rule-related consequence, or is it merely a marketplace?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    This is correct.
    I think Ontzag was referring to the “mystery” recruit vs the grad transfer. I could be wrong. With that being said, is the grad transfer also not in the portal yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I think Ontzag was referring to the “mystery” recruit vs the grad transfer. I could be wrong. With that being said, is the grad transfer also not in the portal yet?
    I actually meant grad transfer lol. This thread has gotten a bit confusing with interwoven concurrent discussion. From what I understand we have three types of 'targets':

1) 'Mystery' grad transfer guard(s?)
    2) 'Mystery' traditional transfer big
    3) 'Known' in the portal guards, both grad & traditional

I actually meant grad transfer lol. This thread has gotten a bit confusing with interwoven concurrent discussion. From what I understand we have three types of 'targets':

1) 'Mystery' grad transfer guard(s?)
    2) 'Mystery' traditional transfer big
    3) 'Known' in the portal guards, both grad & traditional
    Grad transfer guard is already in the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Aaron Cook?

How about Balsa Koprivica, fellow countryman of Petrusev. He is 7"1', was rated pretty high. He has scored in double figures, has never scored 20, is a set out transfer. He is never going to play much at Florida State, as Hamilton plays smaller more athletic players. If I were him, I would look at what the coaching staff has done with Petrosev and think, mabe they could do the same for me. He has the tools to work with. After all he shot almost 70% from the field in his limited minutes. He would be ready year after next. Just a guess. Oh and we recruited him in high school. Only negative I have saw from is attitude, but not playing much might have something to do with that, after he was rated pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    How about Balsa Koprivica, fellow countryman of Petrusev. He is 7"1', was rated pretty high. He has scored in double figures, has never scored 20, is a set out transfer. He is never going to play much at Florida State, as Hamilton plays smaller more athletic players. If I were him, I would look at what the coaching staff has done with Petrosev and think, mabe they could do the same for me. He has the tools to work with. After all he shot almost 70% from the field in his limited minutes. He would be ready year after next. Just a guess. Oh and we recruited him in high school. Only negative I have saw from is attitude, but not playing much might have something to do with that, after he was rated pretty high.
    This one makes sense. 77th ranked recruit on 247 composite and 93rd in their rankings, though he was much higher until his senior year. Could have been top 50 somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Grad transfer is in the portal. Traditional transfer is not.

Let me take a shot at the grad transfer, Smith from Columbia. Can score the ball,instance offense off the bench, but would he want to give up playing 35 minutes a game for 15 and a chance to win a national championship? Just another guess.

Grad transfer is in the portal. Traditional transfer is not.
    The above is accurate and should clarify any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    This one makes sense. 77th ranked recruit on 247 composite and 93rd in their rankings, though he was much higher until his senior year. Could have been top 50 somewhere else.
    He was rated number 1 in his class when he was a soph. in high school by 247.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    My bad. USF only...and good HS student National Honors Society member who graduated high school with a 4.5 grade point average....was thinking of Rashad Green, Danny's brother, who started at Manhattan.

https://usfdons.com/sports/mens-bask...rashad-green/7
    Ah the Jaspers.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Former Southern Illinois guard Aaron Cook will graduate transfer to Gonzaga. Has averaged double-digit points the past two seasons.
    Quote Tweet

Aaron Cook
    @xAaronCook10
    · 13m
    Blessed and excited to say that I have committed to Gonzaga University for my final season of college basketball Double exclamation mark I want to thank everybody that helped me in this decision, especially @coachclancy11 who was there every step of the way.

#NewChapter #ToBeContinued

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Former Southern Illinois guard Aaron Cook will graduate transfer to Gonzaga. Has averaged double-digit points the past two seasons.
    Quote Tweet

Aaron Cook
    @xAaronCook10
    · 13m
    Blessed and excited to say that I have committed to Gonzaga University for my final season of college basketball Double exclamation mark I want to thank everybody that helped me in this decision, especially @coachclancy11 who was there every step of the way.

I like it. Seems like a really good get for a compliment to Suggs. Looked really good in this highlight video against Kentucky last year.

https://www.facebook.com/SalukiAthle...7699155651582/

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Quote Tweet

Aaron Cook
    @xAaronCook10
    · 13m

And there it is folks! I am glad that it happened this quick, I was thinking next week, but glad it was tonight!