Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Jon Rothstein is now quoting the same:

Sources: Memphis has emerged as a potential landing spot for Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard. Also considering Duke, Gonzaga, and USC.
    https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/sta...709807619?s=21
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

So basically we are competing against programs that have all been busted for paying their players.

That sure doesnt make me feel confidence. Penny, Coach Krook, and Sleazy Andy. Yikes.

From Corey Evans at Rivals:

“Florida transfer Andrew Nembahrd has cut his list to six and will announce his college decision on Monday, his father tells
    @Rivals.“

We haven’t heard anything from our insiders in awhile. Not sure if that is a good thing or not...
    Last edited by Murphy outgo lifer; 06-16-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post

“Florida transfer Andrew Nembahrd has cut his list to six and will announce his college decision on Monday, his father tells
    @Rivals.“

We haven’t heard anything from our insiders in awhile. Not sure if that is a good thing or not...
    Six? All along it’s been 3. Inflation strikes the recruiting game. Sotheby’s would love the assignment.

Arguably the top transfer to enter the portal this offseason, Andrew Nembhard has taken a giant step towards his eventual college decision. After completing two standout seasons at Florida, Nembhard has cut his school list to a final six. A gifted 6-foot-5 playmaker that was responsible for running the Gators’ offense the past two years, Nembhard decided to change programs last month which saw a number of the nation’s best pursue. However, after speaking things over with his family and hearing the various pitches that each school had to give, Nembhard has trimmed to his list to a group that consists of Duke, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Memphis, Stanford and USC.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post

@Rivals.“

From everything I have heard Gonzaga will be the landing spot. No reason to believe otherwise at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    From everything I have heard Gonzaga will be the landing spot. No reason to believe otherwise at this point.
    WOW THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    WOW THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!
    +1

Welcome back Caldwell. Hope the trip was good - you deserve it. Thank you very much for your post. There have been many of us a bit stressed out about both Nembhard and Suggs. You have provided guidance just at the right time. In the case of AN, we recognize that recruiting can take on a life of its own, but it is comforting to know that we haven’t slipped to 7th in a 6 team race which we worked ourselves into. Thank you.

I have heard the same but remained silent on the topic! Let’s hope for good news on monday.

@EditsRecruiting: Gonzaga and USC seem to have the best shot as right now for Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard a source tells me.
    https://twitter.com/editsrecruiting/...503808513?s=21
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Looks like we'll be contending in 2021-22 again *knock on wood*

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ostseason-ban/
    Not very likely, but would be a great filler after petro leaves

Nembhard keeping us on the edge of our seat today. Just saw that the last thing posted on his Twitter was Kevin Pangos highlight reel. I feel great about his announcement later...

I saw that too. Seemed odd....

Nothing odd about that.....they are both Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Nothing odd about that.....they are both Canadian.
    +1
    America's Team!

For the moment, can CaldwellZag fill us in on if Nembhard was the mystery transfer all along? Or was it someone else? Give us some perspective.

Note: of course we're still waiting to see if Kispert, Petrusev and Ayayi are all back, so there could be some action on that mystery transfer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    For the moment, can CaldwellZag fill us in on if Nembhard was the mystery transfer all along? Or was it someone else? Give us some perspective.

Note: of course we're still waiting to see if Kispert, Petrusev and Ayayi are all back, so there could be some action on that mystery transfer guy.
    To me it seems like Petrosev will be back, because if he wasn't,Haarms would have came here. I never thought that Kispert and Ayayi would stay in the draft from the get go. That is just my opinion. My opinion also tells me that Nembhard was the mystery transfer.

He is not the mystery recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    He is not the mystery recruit.
    Nope. Caldwell said on Twitter a while ago that mystery recruit is probably staying where he was at.

There were enough bread crumbs to determine who this was if you care enough to go back and follow them.

In my opinion, we are much better suited using the scholarship on Andrew than the mystery recruit. I suspect the coaching staff would agree.

He was not the mystery transfer. I can tell you though that Nembhard has been on the radar for a little while now and the minute we found out about his possible Florida departure, he became a priority.

- i officiate local basketball games, last june, while officiating games during a basketball camp run by gonzaga university, i came across petrusev talking to another official, and i caught the end of the conversation, and petrusev was quite adamant that the up coming season at gonazag was going to be his last.
    - that said a lot can happen over the course of a year, and we all have changed our minds on a dozen different things this past year.
    - but i believe petrusev 'wants' to be done with college basketball, he 'wants' to play professionally, and that does not have to be the nba. in fact he may have looked at the mock boards, spoken to any number of people who tell him his talents do not transfer well to the nba..........okay that still leaves a dozen other leagues overseas he could easily end up with.
    - as a zag fan i hope he has changed his mind from a year ago, and returns to gu.

He was not. The mystery recruit stayed at his current.school. We did better on this one in my opinion, as guard play is huge in my opinion.

I figured Nembhard might not have been the guy, but love that he is.

My guess is that if we officially found out who that guy was, the majority would love that Nembhard transferred instead.

And in terms of Bigs, GU has proven over so long that they can develop bigs and the guys we have in the program right now that they should be in very good shape for the 21-22 season at that spot and can still recruit an additional guy.

Elite guards make Bigs better anyway, unless its a NBA Lottery type big.

I figured Nembhard might not have been the guy, but love that he is.

My guess is that if we officially found out who that guy was, the majority would love that Nembhard transferred instead.

And in terms of Bigs, GU has proven over so long that they can develop bigs and the guys we have in the program right now that they should be in very good shape for the 21-22 season at that spot and can still recruit an additional guy.

Elite guards make Bigs better anyway, unless its a NBA Lottery type big.
    The mystery transfer was a sf/pf from the Longhorns. Decided not to transfer. Tons of potential, but ill take AN