Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Ryan Nembhard committed to Creighton today, not sure if this changes anything with Andrew but I know Caldwell has mentioned the possibility that they could both commit to GU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope this doesn't mean that Andrew is going with Duke. I thought we had a leg up because I didn't think Duke would recruit Ryan or he wouldn't go there because he would get recruited over. Now with Ryan out of the equation that worries me.

Was Ryan Nembhard ever really a priority? I can't find anything that really links us to him

If Zion can be made to testify, Duke will be in Lots of trouble. The are in trouble now. But with their lawyers there may not be testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Was Ryan Nembhard ever really a priority? I can't find anything that really links us to him
    There were a few articles more recently. He's a guy that reclassed into 2021 and was rising up the ranks. Would have been a great, multi-year pickup. (I love that we're involved with OAD guys now but I don't want to see us forsake our bread & butter with those quality 4 star guys that show out as upperclassmen)

That said, I don't think they were a package deal and I'm still optimistic we can snag Andrew. They'd be crazy not to do their due diligence & Duke is a great program but I'm confident that GU really offers the best environment for Andrew to evolve as a player and win a national championship in the next 2 seasons. (& he would still be a very useful contributor on a redshirt practice squad scenario this coming season)

If he does come, here's hoping we renew the GU-Creighton series so we can get a sibling rivalry game in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    We were early in our recruitment on Ryan and that is when we found out Andrew was going to transfer. Ryan was never a priority at this point, but we were laying the ground work. I know Creighton had laid a lot of ground work for Ryan, but didn't think he was near a commitment. Recruiting is such a funny business!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Yep. This shouldn’t take too long unless several new schools jump in. I believe this transfer was on the “possibility” radar for a little while now so the family had an idea of what they want next. Remember also that I believe the athletes are still set to probably return to Spokane in about 2 weeks. So, this shouldn’t drag out too long.
    It looks like the tricky trio arrives in Spokane this weekend. I’m thinking that means Andrew could come as soon as this weekend too if he chooses to transfer to Gonzaga?

In my mind, it would only be logical that the decision would be made this week if he is coming to Spokane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    It looks like the tricky trio arrives in Spokane this weekend.
    Can anyone independently-verify this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Strawther and Harris have posted about this on IG many times with a clock tracking when they head to Spokane.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Yes they will be in Spokane this weekend and can begin team workouts on June 15th

This Nembhard recruitment is extremely quiet.

On the one hand, I feel that’s good news because a lot of our recruiting is done without much noise before a player commits to the Zags.

On the other hand, it makes me nervous that Andrew might be waiting on Duke and their hopes of landing Kuminga.

I would be really careful if I were Andrew, believing Duke’s promises that he’d have the keys in 2021. They’ve proven to be more than happy to recruit a top end PG even when they already signed a starting caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    This Nembhard recruitment is extremely quiet.

On the one hand, I feel that’s good news because a lot of our recruiting is done without much noise before a player commits to the Zags.

On the other hand, it makes me nervous that Andrew might be waiting on Duke and their hopes of landing Kuminga.

I would be really careful if I were Andrew, believing Duke’s promises that he’d have the keys in 2021. They’ve proven to be more than happy to recruit a top end PG even when they already signed a starting caliber player.
    Kuminga is now 2020 and wouldnt play with Andrew anyways

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Kuminga is now 2020 and wouldnt play with Andrew anyways
    Yes, but they only have one scholarship left for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Yes, but they only have one scholarship left for this year.
    Not to mention that they will still pursue the top recruits for 2021 to include point guards. It's just what Duke does, they aren't going to hold off on recruiting to appease him. I do think that Gonzaga would not recruit a top tier PG for 2021 if he came aboard. I really don't know where this stands but I do believe we are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Not to mention that they will still pursue the top recruits for 2021 to include point guards. It's just what Duke does, they aren't going to hold off on recruiting to appease him. I do think that Gonzaga would not recruit a top tier PG for 2021 if he came aboard. I really don't know where this stands but I do believe we are in it.
    Kids don’t think that reality applies to them. Koach sure isn’t transparent. Nembhard could easily be third on Duke’s point guard depth chart by next year.

Jon Rothstein: Sources: Duke, Gonzaga, and USC have all emerged as leading candidates to land Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard.
    https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/sta...930824709?s=21
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Sources: Duke, Gonzaga, and USC have all emerged as leading candidates to land Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...930824709?s=19

I'm not sure if you've heard, but sources (Rothstein) say Duke, Gonzaga, and USC have all emerged as leading candidates to land Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard.

I'm not sure if you've heard, but sources (Rothstein) say Duke, Gonzaga, and USC have all emerged as leading candidates to land Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard.
    Other than paying players, I will never understand how USC gets so many high level recruits. They never do anything with them!

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Other than paying players, I will never understand how USC gets so many high level recruits. They never do anything with them!
    USC Song Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    USC Song Girls.
    Nothing UF didn't have. I suppose that means he's looking to focus on basketball? Or am I being too optimistic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

From the Duke Boards on Nembhard. It doesn't sound as if they are that confident and also sounds as if they would rather have Kennedy Chandler anyway. I found it also interesting that they are potentially penciling in Banchero into their lineup in 2021. Duke has so much to offer though as it is probably the premier program in the country from a prestige perspective. I guess that means a lot.

Source - https://247sports.com/college/duke/b...725697/?page=6

This is the USC Board. So Cal is attractive and it is a major program but no guarantee to go to the tournament. But he has always been interested in SoCal. It doesn't sound as if the people on their board have heard much of Nembhard, the University of Florida, or that a team could use a PG.

http://uschoops.com/vbulletin/forum/...21809-nembhard

On balance I'm encouraged with the above posts from the other schools.
    Last edited by jsnider; 06-10-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    From the Duke Boards on Nembhard. It doesn't sound as if they are that confident and also sounds as if they would rather have Kennedy Chandler anyway. I found it also interesting that they are potentially penciling in Banchero into their lineup in 2021. Duke has so much to offer though as it is probably the premier program in the country from a prestige perspective. I guess that means a lot.

Source - https://247sports.com/college/duke/b...725697/?page=6

This is the USC Board. So Cal is attractive and it is a major program but no guarantee to go to the tournament. But he has always been interested in SoCal. It doesn't sound as if the people on their board have heard much of Nembhard, the University of Florida, or that a team could use a PG.

http://uschoops.com/vbulletin/forum/...21809-nembhard

On balance I'm encouraged with the above posts from the other schools.
    I wasn't even aware Duke made Paolo's final group. I haven't heard anything connecting him to being a Duke lean honestly, frankly I haven't heard anything would have Duke in his top four choices.

I wasn't even aware Duke made Paolo's final group. I haven't heard anything connecting him to being a Duke lean honestly, frankly I haven't heard anything would have Duke in his top four choices.
    Duke is one of the final 6 and it is my impression he is not cutting it down any further before making a final decision.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ton-146624626/

In addition to Duke, Gonzaga and USC, Memphis has also been Zooming with Florida transfer @AndrewNembhard

Idk how legit Adam Zagoria is, but he's the only one I see reporting Memphis' involvement.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...612505088?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    In addition to Duke, Gonzaga and USC, Memphis has also been Zooming with Florida transfer @AndrewNembhard

Idk how legit Adam Zagoria is, but he's the only one I see reporting Memphis' involvement.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...612505088?s=19
    I think he is fairly credible but I wish I knew what was taking so long. Maybe he's trying to get a sense as to whether he would be granted a waiver which would put GU at a disadvantage.