Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Haarms committing early to BYU should be a good sign on where things stand with Filip, just saying.
    Sounds good to me. Just think lf he makes as big of a jump from this year to next as he did fron his fros. year to his soph year. First team all american center- freshman of the year at point guard- best small forward in the country- biggest suprise in college basketball in Ballo- the second coming of Kevin Mchail in Timme, and that's not even mentioning Watson, and WCC tournamen MVP in Ayeye. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Sounds good to me. Just think lf he makes as big of a jump from this year to next as he did fron his fros. year to his soph year. First team all american center- freshman of the year at point guard- best small forward in the country- biggest suprise in college basketball in Ballo- the second coming of Kevin Mchail in Timme, and that's not even mentioning Watson, and WCC tournamen MVP in Ayeye. I can't wait.
    Watson will be the biggest surprise next year, as he could end up being the guy. Just saying he has that kind of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I'd agree. Dont try to recruit the best players, recruit the best players for your system. I thought when he went there they would become a juggernaut. Not so far.
    I think Huggie Bear at WV and Tony Bennett at UVA are very good at recruiting guys for their system. I’d probably add the Florida St coach to this list.

I have been vocal about Petrusev’s defense but it would be nice to have his experience and offensive talents next year.

often times when healthy he was the best player on the court. I think he and Suggs will get to know each other quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I think that that is what JP was suggesting about the original statement.
    This. Thank you. I was sarcastically addressing a seemingly inappropriate statement. I hope it wasn’t too big of a distraction and won’t say anything more about it unless I need to clarify more.

Personally I feel Petro knew he couldn't be agressive on "D" because of lack of depth. If your offense is more efficient and your defense is adequate you win.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    No inside info. Also sort of needlessly rude and personal when disagreed though, though your mileage may vary.
    Lol, ive actually heard from a few people (on twitter & GU boards) this exact criticism of you. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Lol, ive actually heard from a few people (on twitter & GU boards) this exact criticism of you. Odd.
    I don't doubt that you've heard that criticism. Can you give any examples of a time i've made something personal? If there is an example, i'd like to see it, apologize for it, and not repeat it.

I may have been confusing the Josh/Zagaholic twitter persona with the Josh Andrade twitter persona. If so, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Does this guy have any kind of inside information? His twitter feed is basically all fan-boy.
    To answer your question directly, i sometimes have inside info and other times i dont. Im definitely a fanboy though. I love Zag Basketball, i love Zag fans. I try to respond to every DM, private message, email i get. I talk to a lot of players, their families, coaches (high school, college, AAU, etc.), people in the program, students, etc. Caldwell is probably the most knowledgeable insider that GU Boards has ever had and ive been putting around here since before migration. I go silent on GU Boards a lot. Twitter is more my speed. I used to run the Zagaholic Blog for years. Im far from perfect, but any time you have a question about where i got my info or what my opinion is im more than happy to discuss it with you directly. All you gotta do is reach out.

Oh and im definitely an ######e towards Kentucky fans all the time. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I don't doubt that you've heard that criticism. Can you give any examples of a time i've made something personal? If there is an example, i'd like to see it, apologize for it, and not repeat it.

I may have been confusing the Josh/Zagaholic twitter persona with the Josh Andrade twitter persona. If so, my apologies.
    No worries dude. I dont have direct quotes or screenshots. Just saying what ive heard. I have no problem with you. Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    No worries dude. I dont have direct quotes or screenshots. Just saying what i've heard. I have no problem with you. Go Zags!
    I appreciate it. I apologize for confusing you for a different often-tweeting Josh. The fault is mine alone. I tried to edit my initial post above, but can't any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Personally I feel Petro knew he couldn't be agressive on "D" because of lack of depth. If your offense is more efficient and your defense is adequate you win.
    I thought this as well. Petrusev isn't the best defender, but I noticed he was aggressive in terms of blocking shots when he was playing behind Clarke, Killian, and Rui. Coaching staff could possibly sit him down and tell him to be hyper aggressive on D because guys like Ballo, Watson, Timme, and even Zhakarov can jump right in if needed. NBA scouts know that he can score inside. If his defensive aggression and outside shotmaking improve at the cost of his minutes and overall points, that's going to still help him more from an NBA perspective than making first team all american playing the same way he did last year.

https://twitter.com/cbrownballin935/...546877954?s=19
    Final 4 for him. Gotta be in it to win it.

Zags appearing in the tops of a lot of kids. The possibility of the number one ranking, and usually playing deep into march makes it easy to include Gonzaga. Having transfers play key roles over the years never hurts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    https://twitter.com/cbrownballin935/...546877954?s=19
    Final 4 for him. Gotta be in it to win it.
    Sounds like he'd be a sit one/play one guy if he decides to forego the NBA draft. 6'5" 220lbs. Good driver and rebounder. Career 33% on 3's but a year of practice could help that.

There seems to be a lot of question marks about his immediate eligibility. Is he a sit one transfer? If so, wouldn't mystery transfer be off the table because of scholarships?(assuming no draft entries this summer)

Agree completely that Petro was careful not to get into foul trouble a good amount of his play time. I also believe that was by what he was told to do. He was too important to get fouled out for us in big games especially.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Agree completely that Petro was careful not to get into foul trouble a good amount of his play time. I also believe that was by what he was told to do. He was too important to get fouled out for us in big games especially.
    I wish they told Zach Collins that.

Another issue for Smart at Texas - he's had terrible luck with injuries to his key player(s) at critical times. Not a lot of teams can handle losing their go-to player several years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Sounds like he'd be a sit one/play one guy if he decides to forego the NBA draft. 6'5" 220lbs. Good driver and rebounder. Career 33% on 3's but a year of practice could help that.
    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...own-has-gonza/

Very good addition if he comes.

Javon Freeman-Liberty has just pulled his name from the NBA draft and is now entering the transfer portal. Some have him linked to Gonzaga. Has anyone heard that?

JFL is a guard from Chicago. We've had luck with those in the past.

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/javo...d921d518b.html

That said, he just said on Twitter that he wants to be closer to home:

To this day I’ve never had to make a decision this impactful In my life... I love Valpo, they’ve been a huge part of making me the man I am becoming today... I have somethings going on that requires me to home close to my grandmother... Please respect me & my family privacy

He checks all the boxes': Getting to know potential Zag Chaundee Brown

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...3-b9b54f5b391e