• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenneZag
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
    Nothing odd about that.....they are both Canadian.
    +1
    America's Team!

Comment

• WRHUradio
      Kennel Club Material
      • Mar 2007

For the moment, can CaldwellZag fill us in on if Nembhard was the mystery transfer all along? Or was it someone else? Give us some perspective.

Note: of course we're still waiting to see if Kispert, Petrusev and Ayayi are all back, so there could be some action on that mystery transfer guy.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WRHUradio View Post
        For the moment, can CaldwellZag fill us in on if Nembhard was the mystery transfer all along? Or was it someone else? Give us some perspective.

Note: of course we're still waiting to see if Kispert, Petrusev and Ayayi are all back, so there could be some action on that mystery transfer guy.
        To me it seems like Petrosev will be back, because if he wasn't,Haarms would have came here. I never thought that Kispert and Ayayi would stay in the draft from the get go. That is just my opinion. My opinion also tells me that Nembhard was the mystery transfer.

Comment

• cggonzaga
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

He is not the mystery recruit.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
            He is not the mystery recruit.
            Nope. Caldwell said on Twitter a while ago that mystery recruit is probably staying where he was at.

There were enough bread crumbs to determine who this was if you care enough to go back and follow them.

In my opinion, we are much better suited using the scholarship on Andrew than the mystery recruit. I suspect the coaching staff would agree.

Comment

• ZagBlue
              Kennel Club Material
              • Apr 2019

He was not the mystery transfer. I can tell you though that Nembhard has been on the radar for a little while now and the minute we found out about his possible Florida departure, he became a priority.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

- i officiate local basketball games, last june, while officiating games during a basketball camp run by gonzaga university, i came across petrusev talking to another official, and i caught the end of the conversation, and petrusev was quite adamant that the up coming season at gonazag was going to be his last.
                - that said a lot can happen over the course of a year, and we all have changed our minds on a dozen different things this past year.
                - but i believe petrusev 'wants' to be done with college basketball, he 'wants' to play professionally, and that does not have to be the nba. in fact he may have looked at the mock boards, spoken to any number of people who tell him his talents do not transfer well to the nba..........okay that still leaves a dozen other leagues overseas he could easily end up with.
                - as a zag fan i hope he has changed his mind from a year ago, and returns to gu.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

He was not. The mystery recruit stayed at his current.school. We did better on this one in my opinion, as guard play is huge in my opinion.

Comment

• WRHUradio
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Mar 2007

I figured Nembhard might not have been the guy, but love that he is.

My guess is that if we officially found out who that guy was, the majority would love that Nembhard transferred instead.

And in terms of Bigs, GU has proven over so long that they can develop bigs and the guys we have in the program right now that they should be in very good shape for the 21-22 season at that spot and can still recruit an additional guy.

Elite guards make Bigs better anyway, unless its a NBA Lottery type big.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2007

I figured Nembhard might not have been the guy, but love that he is.

My guess is that if we officially found out who that guy was, the majority would love that Nembhard transferred instead.

And in terms of Bigs, GU has proven over so long that they can develop bigs and the guys we have in the program right now that they should be in very good shape for the 21-22 season at that spot and can still recruit an additional guy.

Elite guards make Bigs better anyway, unless its a NBA Lottery type big.
                      The mystery transfer was a sf/pf from the Longhorns. Decided not to transfer. Tons of potential, but ill take AN

Comment

• SLOZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Making Room for AN

One little question: Does AN get our 14th scholarship for this year, or does one of the scholarships shown on ZagNative's chart get replaced by AN's? See post #167:

I have to believe this has already been decided, but haven't seen any indication as to how the matter is to be resolved.
                        SLOZag
                        "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• Zag1203
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Apr 2020

Originally posted by SLOZag View Post
                          One little question: Does AN get our 14th scholarship for this year, or does one of the scholarships shown on ZagNative's chart get replaced by AN's? See post #167:

I have to believe this has already been decided, but haven't seen any indication as to how the matter is to be resolved.
                          I'm pretty sure that Lang was only awarded a scholarship for the one season.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

All basketball scholarships are one year at a time. They all have to renewed from one year to the next. When they have one left over they usually give it to a walk-on.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

College Basketball Transfer Waiver Tracker for 2020-21

Comment

• sittingon50
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                                College Basketball Transfer Waiver Tracker for 2020-21

https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...21-10-02-2020/
                                Aaron Cook?
                                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X