Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    I think because if he wants to move to the next level that's what he needs to play.
    If you are talking about the nba, I highly doubt McClung is an nba prospect, that does not keep him from being a very good college player though. I myself love college basketball, but I hate the nba and never watch it. McClung is an under sized college level 2 guard, and that is just what he is no less no more.

Cole Bajema heading to UW.

Brandon Williams hinting he might play elsewhere. Article in linked tweet below.

Brandon Williams says he will "definitely" play next season, but "it’s just a matter of where"

https://twitter.com/AZDesertSwarm/st...110699521?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Brandon Williams hinting he might play elsewhere. Article in linked tweet below.

Brandon Williams says he will "definitely" play next season, but "it’s just a matter of where"

https://twitter.com/AZDesertSwarm/st...110699521?s=19
    Sounds like Arizona might be nudging him elsewhere based on his medicals. Gotta feel for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Sounds like Arizona might be nudging him elsewhere based on his medicals. Gotta feel for the kid.
    Prob the wrong forum, but has anyone seen The Scheme on HBO? Pretty damning of Sean Miller (and Will Wade).
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Prob the wrong forum, but has anyone seen The Scheme on HBO? Pretty damning of Sean Miller (and Will Wade).
    Will Wade's boss is related to Emmert, and Arizona is one of the media darlings. Nothing will happen in either case. The ncaa will find some small school like Austin Peay University that made a phone call to a recruit at the wrong time, or some crap like that, and slap them on probation, while letting Arizona and LSU off scott free. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

GreatOne, The Scheme was great. I watched it and KillChain (also highly recommended) back to back.

From twitter tonight:
    Chaundee Brown
    @cbrownballin935 Committing tomorrow

Thank you Lord
    Here's the April 28 video from KREM 2 by Brenna Greene, "'He checks all the boxes': Getting to know potential Zag Chaundee Brown"

According to 247, Michigan is expected to be his new team.
    Last edited by ZagNative; 05-18-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post

According to 247, Michigan is expected to be his new team.
    He would have been a nice luxury to have but I think GU only had a chance if Corey wasn't coming back. Hopefully a sign that Kispert is back as he may be the most important component of next years' team.

Chaundee Brown commits to big blue.

https://twitter.com/cbrownballin935/...803117572?s=19

It seems like we have thrown out a lot of grad transfer offers even after we got Cook. It doesn't really feel like all of these offers are committable.

Huh, well good for him. I like seeing good players go to quality programs. Prefer ours, but better than Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    It seems like we have thrown out a lot of grad transfer offers even after we got Cook. It doesn't really feel like all of these offers are committable.
    I think these are insurance moves in case one of our guys stays in the draft. Plus, we do have an open spot. Why not fill it?

I think these are insurance moves in case one of our guys stays in the draft. Plus, we do have an open spot. Why not fill it?
    I'm not saying we aren't trying to fill it, but it just feels like we are waiting for something to happen before we fill it. With Cook, we identified him as our guy and immediately went out and got him. If we really wanted a specific guy that's currently available for that last spot, I think we would have done that already. I think there's some contingency that Few and Co. have planned and are waiting on.

Chaundee Brown commits to big blue.

https://twitter.com/cbrownballin935/...803117572?s=19
    No surprise here. Never a real option to come to GU unless Kispert was to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    No surprise here. Never a real option to come to GU unless Kispert was to leave.
    Hopefully this is another sign that Kispert is coming. Hopefully we are not surprised negatively. The link below is from today.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....-go-decisions/

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Should we feel pretty good about Kispert returning?

Or is it pretty unpredictable given the world is pretty unpredictable right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Should we feel pretty good about Kispert returning?
    Maybe someone on staff thinks we may need more help at the three.
    "Both Gach [a 6-foot-6 wing out of Austin, Minn.] entered the NCAA Transfer Portal on Monday, and the calls began to pour in for the now former Utah perimeter standout. Since officially landing in the portal, Gach ... has heard from Minnesota, Arkansas, Nevada, BYU, Utah State, Auburn, Maryland, Vanderbilt, Creighton, Illinois, Georgetown, Oregon, New Mexico, DePaul, Gonzaga, USC and Texas Tech, a source tells 247Sports."
    https://247sports.com/college/basket...tah-147309732/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Transfer that would sit one and play two.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Maybe someone on staff thinks we may need more help at the three.
    "Both Gach [a 6-foot-6 wing out of Austin, Minn.] entered the NCAA Transfer Portal on Monday, and the calls began to pour in for the now former Utah perimeter standout. Since officially landing in the portal, Gach ... has heard from Minnesota, Arkansas, Nevada, BYU, Utah State, Auburn, Maryland, Vanderbilt, Creighton, Illinois, Georgetown, Oregon, New Mexico, DePaul, Gonzaga, USC and Texas Tech, a source tells 247Sports."
    https://247sports.com/college/basket...tah-147309732/
    Yep he is a sit one transfer. He is an intriguing prospect.

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2020/...er-mac-mcclung

Would McClung take over that annoying role Emery and Haws have filled the last couple years?

If BYU gets McClung and the ncaa lets him play next year Pope will have a better team than most people were thinking that he would have. McClung is not the guy they were thinking of when the made the movie white guys can't jump. McClung's sister plays soccer at Tennessee, so if they want him that is probably where he will end up. I would rather see him at BYU, because I would like the WCC get all the best players that they can. I really like watching the WCC more than the Big-10, ACC, Big-12, or the Pac-12. To me the WCC is more what college basketball should be than these big conferences. These big conferences are run more like a business instead of college teams. I just wish all WCC teams would put as much effert into their programs as the Zags, BYU, and St.Mary's. I want the WCC to be as strong as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    If BYU gets McClung and the ncaa lets him play next year Pope will have a better team than most people were thinking that he would have. McClung is not the guy they were thinking of when the made the movie white guys can't jump. McClung's sister plays soccer at Tennessee, so if they want him that is probably where he will end up. I would rather see him at BYU, because I would like the WCC get all the best players that they can. I really like watching the WCC more than the Big-10, ACC, Big-12, or the Pac-12. To me the WCC is more what college basketball should be than these big conferences. These big conferences are run more like a business instead of college teams. I just wish all WCC teams would put as much effert into their programs as the Zags, BYU, and St.Mary's. I want the WCC to be as strong as possible.
    Tennessee didn't make his top 7

McClung has a mid-range game that makes coaches and scouts drool. Doubt we see him in the WCC.