• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StatZag19
    Professional Zag Fan
    • May 2019

General Transfer List v2.0

Leave politics out of this one, please.

This thread is strictly about potential transfers GU may bring in for the 2020-21 season.

Here's a summarized list of who we're in contact with and may transfer:

Johnny Juzang, G, Kentucky
    Jordan Bruner, F, Yale
    Bryce Aiken, G, Harvard
    Carlik Jones, G, Radford
    AJ Walker, G, Air Force
    Drew Buggs, G, Hawaii
    Trey Wertz, G, SCU
    Mystery potential transfer
    I take nothing nor anyone on this forum seriously in any form or way. It is no more or less than a satirical board until legitimacy is restored.
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Leave politics out of this one, please.

This thread is strictly about potential transfers GU may bring in for the 2020-21 season.

Here's a summarized list of who we're in contact with and may transfer:

Johnny Juzang, G, Kentucky
    Jordan Bruner, F, Yale
    Bryce Aiken, G, Harvard
    Carlik Jones, G, Radford
    AJ Walker, G, Air Force
    Drew Buggs, G, Hawaii
    Trey Wertz, G, SCU
    Mystery potential transfer
    I would add "Mystery potential transfer '2'" to the list. There's more than one (and there always is). It's been awhile since I've brought up Tommy's quote .... "folks on the internet know about 5 percent of what's really going on".
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• StatZag19
      Professional Zag Fan
      • May 2019

Cross Trey Wertz off the list.

Santa Clara transfer Trey Wertz has cut down his list to 11 programs, he told @Stockrisers: Arizona, Butler, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Virginia, Xavier, Vanderbilt.

I take nothing nor anyone on this forum seriously in any form or way. It is no more or less than a satirical board until legitimacy is restored.

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Jul 2019

Cross Trey Wertz off the list.

Santa Clara transfer Trey Wertz has cut down his list to 11 programs, he told @Stockrisers: Arizona, Butler, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Virginia, Xavier, Vanderbilt.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...982471682?s=19
        He was never going to end up at Gonzaga anyways.

Comment

• StatZag19
          Professional Zag Fan
          • May 2019

Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
          He was never going to end up at Gonzaga anyways.
          Most of these guys won't.

Comment

• bdmiller7
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2017

Most of these guys won't.
            That's ok, as long as we get the right 1 or 2.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Caldy, thanks for keeping this a safe place. Some of the other threads, not so much.

Comment

• Gonzagit
                Kennel Club Material
                • Nov 2017

I hope this isn’t too far off topic, but I feel like the transfer market thing has gotten a little out of control. Santa Clara, a team that was 6-10 in the WCC and lost to the Zags by a combined 65 points has a guy committed to USC and another listing Arizona, North Carolina, and Virginia as finalists. I just don’t get it...

Comment

• HenneZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Gonzagit View Post
                  I hope this isn’t too far off topic, but I feel like the transfer market thing has gotten a little out of control. Santa Clara, a team that was 6-10 in the WCC and lost to the Zags by a combined 65 points has a guy committed to USC and another listing Arizona, North Carolina, and Virginia as finalists. I just don’t get it...
                  I get what your saying. WCC has some pretty decent guards though and with the right cast have a chance to really excell. Do I think they are AZ and USC good, time will tell.
                  America's Team!

Comment

• ZagBlue
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Gonzagit View Post
                    I agree and I touched on this a few days ago. These grad transfers usually are best served to fill a niche role on a team. With the exception of a few year every year, most end up being anywhere from somewhat serviceable to simply disappointing. UNC is a perfect example: last spring the signed Justin Pearce and Christian Keeling, both were listed as top 10 grad transfers. UNC ended up being terrible and neither of those guys did much at all on a bad team. So, we are in a very good place compared to most teams for 2020 as we needs grads to fill a role off the bench as opposed to actually being primary pieces to a team. Again, last year Woolridge was at least our 3rd choice and he clearly ended up better than all of the alternatives. With grads, it truly is a lot of luck and a lot of the coaching staff knowing what they are doing (and ours are the best in the business).

Comment

• StatZag19
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • May 2019

Luck plays a huge role. Look at Texas Tech last year with Mooney and that other guy I'm blanking on. Mooney was basically their starting PG. If they didn't get Mooney, they probably wouldn't have been in our way.

Comment

• LTownZag
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2017

Luck plays a huge role. Look at Texas Tech last year with Mooney and that other guy I'm blanking on. Mooney was basically their starting PG. If they didn't get Mooney, they probably wouldn't have been in our way.
                        Tariq Owens

And I agree with Zagblue, Grad Transfers are seldom top-100 level guys. If/when they are valuable starters on top-10 teams, GU has done about as well as anyone. (Matthews, Wesley, Woolridge coming to mind).

Comment

• MR.HUSTLE
                          Redshirt
                          • Apr 2015

Idk maybe ??? Are did he announce his going pro?

Comment

• HenneZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MR.HUSTLE View Post
                            Idk maybe ??? Are did he announce his going pro?
                            https://www.si.com/.amp-washington/c...ine-his-future
                            Very intriguing. He will be a top 15 pick if decides to enter the draft, unless I missed something. But he does fit the profile of this mystery guy we've been hearing about.
                            America's Team!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
                              Very intriguing. He will be a top 15 pick if decides to enter the draft, unless I missed something. But he does fit the profile of this mystery guy we've been hearing about.
                              Poison. Could not be any less Zag-like.

Comment

Working...
                              X