Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Guessing reunion with Kyle Smith @ WSU.
    They’re not in his final 7.

Comment

• SLOZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
      ... there has been a little rumbling of one of our players potentially transferring. I am not going to go into the who or if it will happen, as I don't feel that is good for anyone, but understand that things are always changing and we have to trust our staff!
      If it were Mathew Lang, that might explain our apparent continuing interest in another guard.
      SLOZag
      "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
        They’re not in his final 7.
        So now reading comprehension is a thing?
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• EEzag
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
          Then you must not be able to recall Pangos, Raivio, Santangelo, and Dickau, because each had one or more seasons of shooting the 3 ball at a higher percentage and at a MUCH higher usage, rather than while sagged off or dared to shoot. I was thrilled that Ryan shot the 3 as well as he did (average 1 make on 2.2 attempts 43% on the year, for reference Perkins took 3x that many 2 yrs prior) but it's just ignorant of reality to claim that other Zag point guards didn't shoot the 3 ball better. I agree that Woolridge was a better defender than any of those 4 folks, but also a much worse FT shooter, and turned the ball over more than Pangos and Raivio.
          The turnovers were partially due to piloting maybe the best offense in the nation at a break neck and sometimes reckless pace.

Can you imagine how hyped the coaching staff is? This recruiting and transfer market for the Zags is ridiculous.

Comment

• cggonzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
            So now reading comprehension is a thing?
            Nah, it’s overrated!

Comment

• Bogozags
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
              Then you must not be able to recall Pangos, Raivio, Santangelo, and Dickau, because each had one or more seasons of shooting the 3 ball at a higher percentage and at a MUCH higher usage, rather than while sagged off or dared to shoot. I was thrilled that Ryan shot the 3 as well as he did (average 1 make on 2.2 attempts 43% on the year, for reference Perkins took 3x that many 2 yrs prior) but it's just ignorant of reality to claim that other Zag point guards didn't shoot the 3 ball better. I agree that Woolridge was a better defender than any of those 4 folks, but also a much worse FT shooter, and turned the ball over more than Pangos and Raivio.
              LT I respect your opinion that those four past GU PG's were better than Ryan and as I stated, I like butter pecan ice cream over all other ice creams BUT I do love me some Strawberry, Cheesecake, Chocolate and Vanilla too! Just like butter pecan more...

So asked this question in another thread and got no answer...does Ballo shoot FT's better than Filip?

Comment

• Zagdawg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

College basketball transfer rankings for 2020-21 and 2021-22

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

I may keep an eye on Matt Haarms, there is mutual interest to say the least.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Oct 2008

I want him. Bad. The difference between us getting him vs Kentucky getting him could easily, easily decide who wins the championship next year.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2007

After awhile, how much of a log jam is too much?

We already have FP, Ballo and Zacharov at the Center Position. I am surprised Haarms would be interested. Petrusev Pro? Zacharov transfer? I cant imagine we would have 4 dudes with that much talent at one position.... What say you?

With that said, Haarms would be a huge addition.

Comment

• Gonzagit
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                        After awhile, how much of a log jam is too much?

We already have FP, Ballo and Zacharov at the Center Position. I am surprised Haarms would be interested. Petrusev Pro? Zacharov transfer? I cant imagine we would have 4 dudes with that much talent at one position.... What say you?

With that said, Haarms would be a huge addition.
                        Probably a PV redshirt even if Haarms doesn't come....

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
                          I want him. Bad. The difference between us getting him vs Kentucky getting him could easily, easily decide who wins the championship next year.
                          Kentucky is not winning the championship next year, with Haarms or without him.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Petrosev,Ballo, Timme, and Haarms, what a 4 man rotation that would be.

Comment

• MNZAGFAN99
                              Redshirt
                              • Mar 2020

I'd assume Zacharov would transfer if we got Haarms. But man, undefeated NC is not outta the question with this roster! Haarms gives us that extra rim protector and a possible stretch 5 that we could use. Only problem though, is that I can't see us running a small ball lineup with Kispert at the 4 with this many quality bigs. We'd be forced to run 2 bigs constantly but we could always have a rim protector with either Ballo/Timme or Petrusev/Haarms.

Comment

• OntZags
                                Professional Zag Fan
                                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
                                Petrosev,Ballo, Timme, and Haarms, what a 4 man rotation that would be.
                                Still have to get Watson minutes at the 4, too.

I don't see Haarms coming unless Petrusev is going pro. (or one of Timme/Watson is the hypothetical transfer Caldy alluded to...)

Comment

Working...
                                X