Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Speaking of detective work, I figured I'd kill a few hours putting this together, haha:

If you guys aren't following caldwell on Twitter yet, you're missing out.

His most recent clue regarding the mystery transfer was that an upcoming commit by a 2020 top 25 player will have an impact.

There's only a handful of guys that have yet to commit, and fewer yet are bigs. Remember, the mystery transfer is a 4/5.

It sounds like Makur Maker is going pro, so we're down to Ziaire Williams and Greg Brown.

Ziaire's final 7 are: Arizona, Duke, UNC, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and USC

Greg's final 5 are: Texas, Memphis, Auburn, Kentucky and Michigan (He is announcing on April 24)

I'm guessing the mystery transfer plays PF/C for one of those 12 teams.

Then I remove guys that Caldwell already said it wasn't (from the giant list posted): EJ Montgomery, Matthew Hurt, N'Faly Dante, Will Baker, Onyeka Okongwu, Jordan Brown, Zeke Nnaji, Isaiah Mobley, Armando Bacot, CJ Walker.

I mentioned Kamaka Hepa right away, before Caldwell said he wasn't named yet, so he should be out.

Here are the remaining PF/C's ranked in the top 70 from 247 (sounds like he should be top 50 but there was a little back and forth on that) that play for those teams and haven't already gone pro:

2017:

Nick Richards, Kentucky - Probably too highly ranked, was 18

Cody Riley, UCLA - Matches the barely top 50 criteria well, and is listed as a PF but is only 6-7. I also think Ziaire picking UCLA would be an upset but who knows. Also, I don't know that he has "NBA written all over him"

Jericho Sims, Texas - This seems possible, given that a lot of people think Greg Brown will pick Texas. Sims is from Minnesota, where we seem to have a lot of connections to lately.

Ira Lee, Arizona - Similar to Sims, he fell outside of the top 50 on 247 that I am looking at (60), but the lower number (no idea what it means) is 41. Sims' lower number was 36.

Jalen Hill, UCLA - Doesn't quite fit the criteria as he was ranked 65 with a "lower number" of 73, but he was the 2nd leading scorer for UCLA last year.

2018:

Francis Okoro, Oregon - Nobody really fits the criteria from 2018. Okoro was ranked 56.# Not sure about the NBA certainty, either.

Brandon Johns, Michigan - Not sure about the criteria either, he was ranked 70.

2019:

Kai Jones, Texas - Just on the edge of top 50, so it meets that criteria. And again, It seems likely that the new hint is in regards to Greg Brown committing, as Ziaire's commitment date still hasn't been set.

DJ Jeffries, Memphis - 6'7" but listed as a PF. Was ranked 52 and I'd be surprised if Greg Brown picks Memphis.

Kahlil Whitney and Keion Brooks, both from Kentucky, are 6'6" and 6'7" SFs that were both ranked in the top 20. Thinking it's probably not either of them as they wouldn't play any minutes at Center.

Final guess:

The Texas angle makes the most sense. Kai being the most likely as he's a PF/C, but we obviously were connected to Hepa previously, and Sims has the MN connection.

Riley and Hill are intriguing but I'd be more surprised by those 2. I'd be surprised if Ziaire picks UCLA, and these are the two guys that were suspended for the season after shoplifting in China with LiAngelo Ball.

Default General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Speaking of detective work, I figured I'd kill a few hours putting this together, haha:

His most recent clue regarding the mystery transfer was that an upcoming commit by a 2020 top 25 player will have an impact.

There's only a handful of guys that have yet to commit, and fewer yet are bigs. Remember, the mystery transfer is a 4/5.

It sounds like Makur Maker is going pro, so we're down to Ziaire Williams and Greg Brown.

Greg's final 5 are: Texas, Memphis, Auburn, Kentucky and Michigan (He is announcing on April 24)

Then I remove guys that Caldwell already said it wasn't (from the giant list posted): EJ Montgomery, Matthew Hurt, N'Faly Dante, Will Baker, Onyeka Okongwu, Jordan Brown, Zeke Nnaji, Isaiah Mobley, Armando Bacot, CJ Walker.

I mentioned Kamaka Hepa right away, before Caldwell said he wasn't named yet, so he should be out.

Here are the remaining PF/C's ranked in the top 70 from 247 (sounds like he should be top 50 but there was a little back and forth on that) that play for those teams and haven't already gone pro:

2017:

Cody Riley, UCLA - Matches the barely top 50 criteria well, and is listed as a PF but is only 6-7. I also think Ziaire picking UCLA would be an upset but who knows. Also, I don't know that he has "NBA written all over him"

Jericho Sims, Texas - This seems possible, given that a lot of people think Greg Brown will pick Texas. Sims is from Minnesota, where we seem to have a lot of connections to lately.

Ira Lee, Arizona - Similar to Sims, he fell outside of the top 50 on 247 that I am looking at (60), but the lower number (no idea what it means) is 41. Sims' lower number was 36.

Jalen Hill, UCLA - Doesn't quite fit the criteria as he was ranked 65 with a "lower number" of 73, but he was the 2nd leading scorer for UCLA last year.

2018:

Francis Okoro, Oregon - Nobody really fits the criteria from 2018. Okoro was ranked 56.# Not sure about the NBA certainty, either.

2019:

Kai Jones, Texas - Just on the edge of top 50, so it meets that criteria. And again, It seems likely that the new hint is in regards to Greg Brown committing, as Ziaire's commitment date still hasn't been set.

DJ Jeffries, Memphis - 6'7" but listed as a PF. Was ranked 52 and I'd be surprised if Greg Brown picks Memphis.

Kahlil Whitney and Keion Brooks, both from Kentucky, are 6'6" and 6'7" SFs that were both ranked in the top 20. Thinking it's probably not either of them as they wouldn't play any minutes at Center.

Final guess:

The Texas angle makes the most sense. Kai being the most likely as he's a PF/C, but we obviously were connected to Hepa previously, and Sims has the MN connection.

Riley and Hill are intriguing but I'd be more surprised by those 2. I'd be surprised if Ziaire picks UCLA, and these are the two guys that were suspended for the season after shoplifting in China with LiAngelo Ball.
    Wow, thatís a lot of work. Iím not sure on this one. I feel good about the grad transfer I see though.

Kamala Hepa makes sense at some level but I truly havenít spent time looking at that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr Vulture; 04-07-2020 at 08:20 AM.

2017:

2018:

2019:

Final guess:

Damn dude... that seems like a lot!

I feel like Caldwell should give us another clue as to what year the guy is based on your hard work on this alone

2017:

2018:

2019:

Final guess:

Riley and hill are both studs from UCLA but i doubt either leaves

2017:

2018:

2019:

Final guess:

Thank you! Lots of work!

Reguarding that smaller number on the 247 site, looks like you are referring to the 247 composite ranking.
    Like all sites they have their own ranking (247) as well as a composite ranking , that is basically all the info on a particular player in the public domain. They tally it up and come up with a ranking.
    Most of the time the two rankings are similar, however sometimes with players from remote areas or outside the US the rankings can be quite diffrent.
    Arlo was ranked inside the top 50 by 247 but his 247 composite ranking was something like 135.

The Gonzaga Texans again?

2017:

2018:

2019:

Final guess:

Now this is impressive work. I would love to give another clue, but not sure I can at this point as I may have given out to much already. Let me think of another clue and if I can give a good one I will let everyone know.

A clue something like....last name sounds like....... his first name starts with........

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    A clue something like....last name sounds like....... his first name starts with........
    Thatís what I need
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Sounds like a plan, when he hits the transfer portal I will give that clue

It’s not Matt Haarms? He said he heard from 25 schools, including us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Now this is impressive work. I would love to give another clue, but not sure I can at this point as I may have given out to much already. Let me think of another clue and if I can give a good one I will let everyone know.
    Impressive enough that the mystery player has finally been listed? Inquiring minds want to know! I am so desperate for bb that I am watching some dude on youtube simulate the NCAA tourny on a video game. ANd actually cheering out loud for the Zags. My wife thinks I've lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Impressive enough that the mystery player has finally been listed? Inquiring minds want to know! I am so desperate for bb that I am watching some dude on youtube simulate the NCAA tourny on a video game. ANd actually cheering out loud for the Zags. My wife thinks I've lost it.
    Sweet 16 baby! Time to smash those Ducks. https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...ef_source=link

Is this guy a major contributor on his current team who isn't happy or is he a bench player who is getting recruited over? If he has "NBA written all over him" has he ever even scored 20 points or more in a game?

Kamaka Hepa was one of the first names to pop in my head way back when but the comment about NBA prospects threw me off. What also threw me off is that we were told that he was kind of an under the radar recruit for GU, and Hepa's recruitment was discussed a fair amount around here. He didn't seem to play a whole lot and chose Texas because Smart was going to do some things in the offense to fit him in. That doesn't seem to have been the case. If he sits out a year maybe he becomes a star, but he looked kinda of lost in the shuffle at Texas. I liked his energy last year, but he seemed more like a glue-guy, roll player type than an NBA guy.

Haha I re-watched the National Title game from 2017 last night. Don't ask me why, as I was just as disappointed at the end of it as I was the first time!!

Is this guy a major contributor on his current team who isn't happy or is he a bench player who is getting recruited over? If he has "NBA written all over him" has he ever even scored 20 points or more in a game?
    He has scored in double figures in his career. I think if you are looking at transferring it's probably due to being recruited over or lack of playing time.

He has scored in double figures in his career. I think if you are looking at transferring it's probably due to being recruited over or lack of playing time.
    So not Matt Haarms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I always trust in Coach Few and his staff regarding recruiting; however, I have watched Hepa play many times and he just doesn't fit in the Texas scheme...that's not saying he would here anymore BUT if he transferred in, sat the one year and played two he might develop into a pretty decent player for GU...not saying he is the guy because I don't and couldn't even think of anyone Caldwellzag to whom he is discussing...

I just hope he is a rebounder like Domantas...naturally rebounds outside his immediate area...

Bucknell guard Jimmy Sotos to transfer to Ohio State

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein

Apr 4
    Source: Bucknell transfer Jimmy Sotos is receiving interest from the following programs.

Gonzaga
    Minnesota
    Missouri
    Ohio State
    Vanderbilt
    Xavier

The double digit hint is huge. Honestly, there are only a few class of '17 or '18 forwards or centers who are in that top 100 level and who have scored double digits but not gone pro or declared.

Ira Lee and Jericho Sims have never scored in double figures. Kamaka Hepa never has either. Neither has David McCormack or Taeshon Cherry or EJ Montgomery. Or Kai Jones from Texas. or Jalen Hill UCLA.
    Chris Smith (UCLA) just declared for the NBA, but had been a double digit guy.

Savion Flagg (Tex A&M ) has.
    Nick Richards (UK) has.
    Franz Wagner (Michigan) has.
    Maybe it's Jericho Sims (tx) and Caldwell is rounding up his 9.7pts to 10.

Dark Horse: Marek Dolezaj - 'Cuse.

I really like the grad transfer the staff is focusing on. Think he will be a perfect piece off the bench to backup Suggs. Lightning quick, great defender, very good finisher for his size, can distribute and has experience. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I really like the grad transfer the staff is focusing on. Think he will be a perfect piece off the bench to backup Suggs. Lightning quick, great defender, very good finisher for his size, can distribute and has experience. Fingers crossed.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    So he is small...

The idea of a high-level transfer coming from Kentucky or a similar school who loads up yearly on high-level talent makes a lot of sense. It is one of the few scenarios when an NBA-level talent would leave to go to another school. At most schools, it seems to me, they would be almost guaranteed minutes and they wouldn't be looking over their shoulder an an incoming freshman or someone on the bench taking their minutes. There were only a handful of teams that Wiltjer would have been on where he struggled to find playing time, for example.